How often do you see strangers wearing a CW?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Shenners

Re: How often do you see strangers wearing a CW?

Post by Shenners »

First one today......in the dentist waiting room lol

A guy sat next to me had a Trident pro 600 on, I spotted it straight away and complimented him on it.
Its_Probably_Me
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Its_Probably_Me »

I have never since one out in the wild, always keep an eye out though. Mostly seikos and fashion brands that I see
jllim532
Junior
Junior

Post by jllim532 »

Have been promoting CW since I got my first Trident. Today my wife, father-in-law, cousins and colleagues are all proud owners. So I see them wearing their CWs in office and during outings.

Can that be counted as sightings??? Ha ha ha..

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

Never seen one in the wild! I keep looking though!
Steve.
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by TheBeatles »

jllim532 wrote:Have been promoting CW since I got my first Trident. Today my wife, father-in-law, cousins and colleagues are all proud owners. So I see them wearing their CWs in office and during outings.

Can that be counted as sightings??? Ha ha ha..

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk
Similar here, my sister's partner now has 2 C60 Pros after seeing mine.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels - Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love - The Beatles
ciclismosam
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by ciclismosam »

Along with the purple malvern I gave my mom and the C8 I gave my dad, the only other one I regularly see is when my girlfriend is in town and is wearing the 38mm Trident GMT which she commandeered from my collection. She loves it and wears it every day. I do have a couple coworkers who have expressed interest but neither actually have a CWL.
Family CWLs: C1 Grand Malvern Moonphase, C1 Worldtimer, C5 Malvern Quartz in Purple, C900 Single Pusher 148/250
My CWLs: C3 Mk II Malvern in Green, C3 2017 FLE 31/50, C60 51 Squadron Trident 300
https://www.instagram.com/thesambrower/
Tangerine_sedge
Junior
Junior

Post by Tangerine_sedge »

I can safely say that I have never seen another CW in the wild. I get to see plenty of Breitlings, Tag Heur, the occasional Tissot and Rolex, and countless Rolex homage, but not one single CW.

I like to be different to everybody else, if they were more popular, I'd have to find an even more obscure brand :)
Psalty
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Psalty »

After wearing a Rolex Sub every day for fifteen years, I have only been asked about it once, by a guy who was wearing a dive watch, wanting to know what kind it was. I know a couple of watch guys who noticed, but I think that was the limit. Do normal people look at each other's watches? That closely?
Gregory
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Psalty wrote:After wearing a Rolex Sub every day for fifteen years, I have only been asked about it once, by a guy who was wearing a dive watch, wanting to know what kind it was. I know a couple of watch guys who noticed, but I think that was the limit. Do normal people look at each other's watches? That closely?
Some of us do. I'm one of them! I also try and look at who wears what on TV (yeah, probably a little sad I know!)
Psalty
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Psalty »

TigerChris wrote:
Psalty wrote:After wearing a Rolex Sub every day for fifteen years, I have only been asked about it once, by a guy who was wearing a dive watch, wanting to know what kind it was. I know a couple of watch guys who noticed, but I think that was the limit. Do normal people look at each other's watches? That closely?
Some of us do. I'm one of them! I also try and look at who wears what on TV (yeah, probably a little sad I know!)
:lol: I asked about "normal people." So you count yourself as one? :)
Gregory
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Psalty wrote:
TigerChris wrote:
:lol: I asked about "normal people." So you count yourself as one? :)
Fair point! :D :D
Kith
Junior
Junior

Post by Kith »

Only ever seen one other person wearing one. It's funny how one makes snap judgements but I instantly liked this chap because of his choice of timepiece!
C70 3527GT 96/100
Psalty
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Psalty »

Kith wrote:Only ever seen one other person wearing one. It's funny how one makes snap judgements but I instantly liked this chap because of his choice of timepiece!
:lol: That is truly funny. How arbitrary the heart!
Gregory
ridavey

Post by ridavey »

I've never seen another one in the wild. But a couple of guys at work maybe getting one after seeing mine.
fissionu235
Guru
Guru

Post by fissionu235 »

Only once, about 3 1/2 years ago. It was coming off a Delta Flight from Atlanta to London Heathrow. Saw the man sitting eating at a café waiting for his flight. He was wearing an older model C5.