How often are there sales?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Bchamberlin

How often are there sales?

Post by Bchamberlin »

I haven't been around much but have seen a few watches go on sale for a short period of time. Has the C9 Harrison Auto ever gone one sale? Tacky to ask I guess but I've fallen in love with that watch and I'd like to make it my first CW watch. It would be in my shopping basket now but I already have two watches on their way to me and I fear a third would land me in the dog house. Maybe I could make it an income tax gift... We'lll see.

v/r

brian
mickarthur
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Re: How often are there sales?

Post by mickarthur »

I believe January and July are the big ones.

My C9 was purchased during a 15% off sale this December. Just before that there was a "black Friday" sale where all black faced watches were 15% off. Lastly, I am certain there were C9s in the January sale which just ended including a few
in the "nearly new" section.

Incredible deals on incredible watches no doubt!
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

Yes, the C9 auto was -30% in the recent January sale. To be honest, I found it surprising that they discounted a model which seems to be universally liked. Normally, the deep discounts tend to be on the 'strangers' of the product range.

But, you never know.........
Richard
PaulWB
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 62
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by PaulWB »

I bought a C9 with 30% off in the recent sale - I was surprised to be able to get one with such a high discount :D :D
C1, C2, C3, C5, C6, C8, C9, C11, W6, C7/C70, 2009 FLE, 2012 FLE Red, 2013 FLE, 2015 FLE, C9 JH2, C900 WT

Member CWL Double Figures Club
f1colin
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by f1colin »

PaulWB wrote:I bought a C9 with 30% off in the recent sale - I was surprised to be able to get one with such a high discount :D :D

Ditto - and it is superb - great choice
f1colin

Rolex Sub, Oyster, Daytona
Tudor Black Bay, Big Block
Omega Dynamic, Speed, Speed 2, Speed 4.5, SM300
Heuer Monaco, Monza, Daytona, Silverstone, Autavia, Carrera, Calculator, Camaro, Montreal, Audi, Verona, 844, AMI, 1000
Seiko Pogue
Bchamberlin

Post by Bchamberlin »

Guess I'll just keep checking... I want that watch.
jackthedog
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by jackthedog »

Sorry to drag this post back up but I didn't want to start a new thread on the same subject.

Does anyone know the timing of past July sales within the month? Does it run the whole month or only for several weeks? Does it typically begin on the first of the month or near the end of the month?

Thanks.
amleto
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by amleto »

notsureifserious.jpg
Halios Tropik SS, C60 GMT SKKO, Magrette Regattare 2011 sold, Casio Edifice, Seiko x2
Incoming: fle'13?
mabotham
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-two: yes

Post by mabotham »

Yeah, it's July.
jackthedog
Guru
Guru

Post by jackthedog »

Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I understand the sale is in July (thus the name). I was wondering when in month of the July, beginning, middle, end, the whole month?

I ask because, if I remember correctly, the 2012 January sale started during the first few days of the month and ran until about the 10th or 12th. I was wondering if the July sale is the same way, just a fraction of the month or the whole month.
julywest
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by julywest »

jackthedog wrote:Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I understand the sale is in July (thus the name). I was wondering when in month of the July, beginning, middle, end, the whole month?

I ask because, if I remember correctly, the 2012 January sale started during the first few days of the month and ran until about the 10th or 12th. I was wondering if the July sale is the same way, just a fraction of the month or the whole month.
Go back to the jan sales threads and you will see some managed to jump the gun by searching :)
jackthedog
Guru
Guru

Post by jackthedog »

Thanks, I will take a look.