Health Warning

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 3

Re: Health Warning

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Drying my eyes after reading "typo of the year!" :lol: :lol:

Back on topic, I've just realised something...I have bought at least one watch in every calendar month since last June!! :shock:
My last one arrived on 1st February, but was in fact bought in January...this means, technically, that I haven't actually BOUGHT a watch in February. Still, it's a leap year and there are 5 days to go! :lol:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; wannabe travel writer

Walk a while in others' shoes...

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:this means, technically, that I haven't actually BOUGHT a watch in February. Still, it's a leap year and there are 5 days to go!
Plenty of time yet. What do you want though?
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
Bonny
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20

Post by Bonny »

Dumaresq666 wrote:I have to raise concern about the lack of warning notices on the CW site. I was not informed just how infectious his watches are!! Like the posting from AndyKH earlier this morning at 05:39 (you MUST be excited to post at that time Andy!!), I too have bought 3 CW's in the past 6 weeks!!!!!!
Thats how it starts.... I bought two in my first month on here.... then it all went a bit crazy. Two years on and I think I now have 22 CWL's and three other non-CW. Must do a count up!!

So, don't worry, there are a lot more to come.. just don't worry like I did about buying a watch box with more spaces than you can fill... it won't be a problem!!
:-)
C4SRS C3SWK C2LE No.24 C7STT C15RKK C5AKK C3GWTR C40SKK C70GB C600IPB C600IPY C60-GMT-SKKO C70FR C5RWT C9-CHR C8SWK C11 Auto C60 Jag C7 MkII BRG C90
Amor Vincit Omnia

ianblyth wrote:Plenty of time yet. What do you want though?
Lots of things now! :shock: I found a watch-shop I never knew about this morning, and he has dozens of nice old pieces including a lot of Omegas...outside of impulse range, though, so I was disciplined! :D
Steve

Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 147
LE-one: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Bonny wrote: Thats how it starts.... I bought two in my first month on here.... then it all went a bit crazy. Two years on and I think I now have 22 CWL's and three other non-CW. Must do a count up!!
...be accurate...your profile may be wrong. :lol:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by Russ-Shettle »

AndyKH wrote:****??????
****? yes, that's screwup for walk! :lol:
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Russ-Shettle »

androo wrote:
Russ-Shettle wrote: Would you ever **** into an Asylum of crazies if there were a sign that said. "Don't go in there,
Umm russ I think what you do in your spare time should be kept to yourself :shock:
Yes, I agree. It's nobody's business what you're **** about... :lol:
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Russ-Shettle »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:Drying my eyes after reading "typo of the year!" :lol: :lol:

Back on topic, I've just realised something...I have bought at least one watch in every calendar month since last June!! :shock:
My last one arrived on 1st February, but was in fact bought in January...this means, technically, that I haven't actually BOUGHT a watch in February. Still, it's a leap year and there are 5 days to go! :lol:
You must be talking about the "****" typo... funny, it must be a good word because it didn't become underlined by spell-check. Hmmmmm.... now I have to figure out what "****" means. Anyone know what a **** is?
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 147
LE-one: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Could be a verb. :shock:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Amor Vincit Omnia

It's another of those "quintessentially Bristish" ones...an online slang dictionary should help. :silent:
Steve

xtriple
Forum gobshite

Post by xtriple »

Try following in the hands of "Onan! :lol:
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.
mikepj
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by mikepj »

androo wrote:
Russ-Shettle wrote: Would you ever **** into an Asylum of crazies if there were a sign that said. "Don't go in there,
Umm russ I think what you do in your spare time should be kept to yourself :shock:
yeah, obvious typo, the L & the N are right next to each other on the keyboard :lol:
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Russ-Shettle »

mikepj wrote:
androo wrote:
yeah, obvious typo, the L & the N are right next to each other on the keyboard :lol:
OK, Did some research and I know what the joke is now. I'll put it this way: I will never wonk into an Asylum. Man, that could really hurt! :lol: Of course, one could, rather, wonk "onto" an Asylum :megaeek: and that would likely get you a room pretty fast. :lol:

This is so funny! One simple ety-bity typo and look what happens....... :oops: So... excuuuuuuuuuse Meeeeeeeeee! :wave: