Have I got a rare special limited edition :-)

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Bounce
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 1

Have I got a rare special limited edition :-)

Post by Bounce »

I have now discovered my C60 MK3 Red GMT has the new Sellita 56hr movement, it also has the Bi-directional Red Bezel.

So does this mean it is an ultra rare CW, they do not make the red bezel GMT anymore & most of them that are around are Uni-directional with the old movement.

So if I hold onto it for a few years will it be worth as much as a stick dial Rolex GMT II with a 3186 movement. :lol:

These users thanked the author Bounce for the post:
JasperCat
Panerai Luminor GMT.
Omega Speedmaster Professional.
Tudor Pepsi GMT.
Bremont Supermarine S500 BL
Seiko Kinetic Diver
C60 Trident MK3 GMT.
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 2

Re: Have I got a rare special limited edition :-)

Post by missF »

I can’t see any flaws in your argument! :lol:
These users thanked the author missF for the post:
Bounce
'The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once'........Albert Einstein
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

It's a good 'un, no doubt about it 8)
These users thanked the author H0rati0 for the post:
Bounce
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

How many lesser model CWs do I need to buy off you so that I can get my name on a waiting list to buy this rare gem? :lol: :lol: :lol:
These users thanked the author jkbarnes for the post (total 2):
Bouncerkovars
Andrew
“I can't stand it to think my life is going so fast and I'm not really living it.”

C65 Trident Vintage
C65 AM GT LE

Find me on Instagram @jkbarnes
Or follow my photography on Instagram @jkbarnesphotos
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

That’s a pretty nice score, by the way.
Andrew
“I can't stand it to think my life is going so fast and I'm not really living it.”

C65 Trident Vintage
C65 AM GT LE

Find me on Instagram @jkbarnes
Or follow my photography on Instagram @jkbarnesphotos
welshlad
CW-watches: 12

Post by welshlad »

The red bezel GMT is a lovely watch. :thumbup:

How did you find out that yours has the upgraded GMT movement? (Genuinely interested!)
CWL C3 | C60 Ombre | C60 #tide | C63 Elite | C63 GMT | C65 Chrono | C65 SC | C65 SH21 | C70 | C8 | C8PR | C15
Omega Speedy | AT8500 | AT2500 | PO Ti Rolex Exp | Sub Zenith EP1969
Seiko 55 Fathoms Citizen Promaster Vratislavia S6 Luch 1Hand
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nbg »

^^^ presumably wore it for long enough to ensure fully powered up. Then let the PR run down……

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Bounce
Guru
Guru

Post by Bounce »

I wore it all day Thursday & then also wound it when I took it off at 18.00, I left it on a table until it run out at 02.15 on Sunday.
That works out at 56 hrs & 15 mins which is roughly what the new movement should run for.

Also I read the new movements came with a new Bi-directional bezel for the first time.
Panerai Luminor GMT.
Tudor Pepsi GMT.
Seiko Kinetic Diver
C60 Trident MK3 GMT.
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jcalder68 »

Well, I’ll see your red bezel Trident GMT, and raise you my Dartmouth.
372601B6-D21F-4B58-8E6E-5D4A08DABC32.jpeg
From what I understand, this watch has only one other matching twin in the world. The difference is in the lume (or lack there of) in the bezel - this one only has lume on the triangle at 12 o’clock and not on any of the other markers in the bezel. Apparently, a handful were “accidental” built up with these bezels, possibly a prototype bezel. I got an email from CW Towers shortly after buying the watch which offered me a free replacement of the bezel. I declined, but I understand that other owners were also contacted and all but one other owner returned their watches for a replacement.
I actually prefer this look, and kind of like the fact that it is almost unique.

Keep well
C
These users thanked the author Jcalder68 for the post (total 3):
BouncejkbarnesBahnstormer_vRS
CW Watches (To Date): C65 Trident Vintage MK2, C65 Sandhurst, C65 Dartmouth, C60 Pro 300, C60 Pro 600 Vintage, C65 GMT.
Others (To Date): Sinn 104, Seiko SNA411, G-Shock, Seiko SKX007
welshlad

Post by welshlad »

Bounce wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:06 pm I wore it all day Thursday & then also wound it when I took it off at 18.00, I left it on a table until it run out at 02.15 on Sunday.
That works out at 56 hrs & 15 mins which is roughly what the new movement should run for.

Also I read the new movements came with a new Bi-directional bezel for the first time.
The power reserve would certainly suggest it's the new movement. :thumbup:

The bi-directional bezel is a red herring though, I think, as that was introduced a few months ago, but the new movement in this model was introduced more recently, as far as I know.

One other way to check is the height of the hands over the dial. With the new GMT movement, the hands sit higher. I noticed this with my C63 GMT and you can also see it in this image of the C60 Anthropocene GMT (note the orange collar):

C60-42AGM3-S0KW0-B0_Picture_3.jpg

With the older movement, the hands sit lower, nearer to the dial. You can see that on the standard pictures of the C60 GMT Mk3 on the website, as I don't think they've updated them to reflect the new movement, as the change is pretty subtle anyway.

Hope that helps.
These users thanked the author welshlad for the post:
JasperCat
CWL C3 | C60 Ombre | C60 #tide | C63 Elite | C63 GMT | C65 Chrono | C65 SC | C65 SH21 | C70 | C8 | C8PR | C15
Bounce
Guru
Guru

Post by Bounce »

welshlad wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:41 pm
Bounce wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:06 pm I wore it all day Thursday & then also wound it when I took it off at 18.00, I left it on a table until it run out at 02.15 on Sunday.

The power reserve would certainly suggest it's the new movement. :thumbup:

The bi-directional bezel is a red herring though, I think, as that was introduced a few months ago, but the new movement in this model was introduced more recently, as far as I know.

One other way to check is the height of the hands over the dial. With the new GMT movement, the hands sit higher. I noticed this with my C63 GMT and you can also see it in this image of the C60 Anthropocene GMT (note the orange collar):

C60-42AGM3-S0KW0-B0_Picture_3.jpg

With the older movement, the hands sit lower, nearer to the dial. You can see that on the standard pictures of the C60 GMT Mk3 on the website, as I don't think they've updated them to reflect the new movement, as the change is pretty subtle anyway.

Hope that helps.
Thank you for the info, I have just taken a pic & it looks like I can see the collar. :thumbup:

Panerai Luminor GMT.
Tudor Pepsi GMT.
Seiko Kinetic Diver
C60 Trident MK3 GMT.
welshlad

Post by welshlad »

Yes, that does look like it's got the extra height. So, combined with the 56 hours power reserve you witnessed, I would say it's pretty likely that you have the updated movement. :thumbup:
Bounce
Guru
Guru

Post by Bounce »

Jcalder68 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:45 pm Well, I’ll see your red bezel Trident GMT, and raise you my Dartmouth.

372601B6-D21F-4B58-8E6E-5D4A08DABC32.jpeg

From what I understand, this watch has only one other matching twin in the world. The difference is in the lume (or lack there of) in the bezel - this one only has lume on the triangle at 12 o’clock and not on any of the other markers in the bezel. Apparently, a handful were “accidental” built up with these bezels, possibly a prototype bezel. I got an email from CW Towers shortly after buying the watch which offered me a free replacement of the bezel. I declined, but I understand that other owners were also contacted and all but one other owner returned their watches for a replacement.
I actually prefer this look, and kind of like the fact that it is almost unique.

Keep well
C
Very nice, that is certainly very rare.

I used to own a Makaira 500 that was end of the run & had the wrong colour internal bezel fitted, but I let that one go a number of years ago.
I would imagine there were a few of them though.
These users thanked the author Bounce for the post:
Jcalder68
Panerai Luminor GMT.
Tudor Pepsi GMT.
Seiko Kinetic Diver
C60 Trident MK3 GMT.
Bounce
Guru
Guru

Post by Bounce »

welshlad wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:30 pm Yes, that does look like it's got the extra height. So, combined with the 56 hours power reserve you witnessed, I would say it's pretty likely that you have the updated movement. :thumbup:
Great, I better put it in an airtight sealed case for 50 years then. :lol:
Panerai Luminor GMT.
Tudor Pepsi GMT.
Seiko Kinetic Diver
C60 Trident MK3 GMT.
thomcat00
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 5

Post by thomcat00 »

That’s a fun discovery, Bounce. Enjoy that unicorn.
These users thanked the author thomcat00 for the post:
Bounce
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair