good customer service

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
willttqs
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

good customer service

Post by willttqs »

So after one of our members suggested that my leather bracelet on C65 Sh21 Bronze looked not great I contacted CW customer service and after showing them a couple of images they agreed that the distressed leather strap didn't look great and have offered me another one free of charge. What should i do?

Go for another distressed one? - a bit worried that the top will flake off again
go for a blue canvas one
go for a normal tan one

so far i have a blue rubber strap that i really like it on

Will
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Re: good customer service

Post by albionphoto »

For the distressed leather strap I think it is quite likely that the top will flake off again. The best advice for the preservation of these straps is to treat them with "leather food" as soon as you get them. I'm sure of on of the strap experts can give you more specific advice. You might want to go for the tan one whilst looking for another strap elsewhere.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
MarkingTime
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by MarkingTime »

I'd agree with the above.

Whatever coating is applied to achieve a mock distressed finish, is clearly just a surface treatment, so another would most likely fail in the same way.

The canvass looks good on bronze...
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

The distressed leather strap does not have a 'top coating' as such. It is a normal strap, that has been 'distressed' by artificially drying it out.

The solution, as @albionphoto has suggested, is to treat it with 'leather food'; I use Gliptone Leather Conditioner (bought the bottle originally for my leather car seats).

If you like the look of the distressed leather, then by all means get another one and treat it accordingly.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20

Post by Lawrence »

I would go for a new one.... I ordered a C65 Ombre recently, it's a fantastic watch but the strap is way past distressed and definitely into abused territory.

It looks nothing like the one in the website picture.

New one I say is your best option.
Omega Speedmaster, Bulova Accutron Gemini, Tudor Black Bay Heritage Maroon & Black, C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE, C65 Trident Black, C65 Trident Diver SH21, C65 Trident Ombre LE, Longines HydroConquest beautiful AF and better than C60 300
rweissen

Post by rweissen »

Get another distressed leather.