First inline CW purchase.

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
dnr4me
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 2

First inline CW purchase.

Post by dnr4me »

I have a general question, I bought my first CW watch online last Monday. My order says complete and I have my purchase number. My concern is that not having delt with CW before I am unsure if everything is fine. Does it always say reorder next to the last purchase you made in your account? Also I have not received a e-mail stating they shipped it yet, but I have received several e-mails stating that my basket still has a item in it? It is empty, I checked andthe money has come out of my account? Don't want to bug them but I feel a little unsure that everything is OK. Plus, even though it is only the second day, from all the great praise about CW customer service and fast shipping I would have thought it would have been shipped fast, I am very excited to receive this watch, just wondering if this is all normal.
dnr4me
Junior
Junior

Re: First inline CW purchase.

Post by dnr4me »

OK, I did not receive a invoice email, so perhaps I should say something.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 147
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

I would give Wera a shout to be sure everything went through or not. She won't mind....that what she does.

Give her as much info and/or numbers that you can and she will check it out.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

dnr4me wrote: My order says complete and I have my purchase number. My concern is that not having delt with CW before I am unsure if everything is fine. Does it always say reorder next to the last purchase you made in your account?
Yes. Complete means that the database has been updated and the watch sold to you. It does not mean sent off.

dnr4me wrote: Also I have not received a e-mail stating they shipped it yet, but I have received several e-mails stating that my basket still has a item in it? It is empty, I checked andthe money has come out of my account? Don't want to bug them but I feel a little unsure that everything is OK. Plus, even though it is only the second day, from all the great praise about CW customer service and fast shipping I would have thought it would have been shipped fast, I am very excited to receive this watch, just wondering if this is all normal.
If you went for the next day shipping should have been sent. Otherwise it depends.
The e-mails regarding your basket is a common issue and has been talked about on here before.

And as Kip says Wera and her customer service team are great to deal with by e-mail or phone.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
dnr4me
Junior
Junior

Re: First online CW purchase.

Post by dnr4me »

Thanks everyone, I will give it a day or so more and then make contact. This is the first watch I have bought without seeing it first and the first purchase overseas. Hope it is as nice as it looks online.
julywest
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by julywest »

I live in NC and it has taken about 9-10 business days to receive.
dnr4me
Junior
Junior

Post by dnr4me »

Thats funny, I am near Charlotte.
julywest
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by julywest »

dnr4me wrote:Thats funny, I am near Charlotte.
Yep I noticed.. Part of a small growing group of Carolina CW owners. Counting you and me I know of 3 :D . Usually you get a Royal Mail tracking number which only does you any good until it leaves UK. Then like I say about 9 days total. Hope you receive soon.

Oh which did you purchase?
ndabunka
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 3

Post by ndabunka »

I also live just north of Charlotte. About 3 miles form Concord Mills Mall in a community called Skybrook. Waiting on an FLE...
The 3 C's of life: choices, chances, change. You have to make a choice to take a chance or your life will never change!
If you don't make a choice, the choice makes you...
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 147
LE-one: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

We may have the makings of a GTG developing here. 8)
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Peteo »

julywest wrote:
Yep I noticed.. Part of a small growing group of Carolina CW owners. Counting you and me I know of 3 :D . Usually you get a Royal Mail tracking number which only does you any good until it leaves UK.
Really? I'm in Virginia and my experience has been that if you enter the Royal Mail tracking number into the USPS.com online tracker that it works just fine.
Peteo
CWs: C70US #702, 2009FLE #34, C65 S. Compressor
Non-CWs: AL&S 1815 A. Calendar, BREMONT Solo, CASIO G-Shock, GRAND SEIKO SBGA415 & SBGJ251, OMEGA Speedmaster Racing, SINN EZM13 & 103AB, TOWSON WATCH CO. C20 Chrono, TUDOR Black Bay Blue
julywest
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by julywest »

Peteo wrote:
julywest wrote:
Yep I noticed.. Part of a small growing group of Carolina CW owners. Counting you and me I know of 3 :D . Usually you get a Royal Mail tracking number which only does you any good until it leaves UK.
Really? I'm in Virginia and my experience has been that if you enter the Royal Mail tracking number into the USPS.com online tracker that it works just fine.
Didn't seem to work for me but good to know in case or when I buy another! Thx Course even tho my son is a mailman.. I find USPS tracking to be hit and miss in general.

We are getting quite a collection of USA East Coast buyers here.
dnr4me
Junior
Junior

Post by dnr4me »

Still have not heard from them? Sent a e-mail to customer service and have not heard back. Perhaps I am expecting to much But I had heard there customer service was very good. It is my first experience with CW.
hardz_10
CW-watches: 1

Post by hardz_10 »

I ordered a C3 Malvern yesterday lunch time UK and received an email in the last 10 minutes advising that my item has been dispatched. Also dealt with Wera who is fantastic. I think the staff have working hours of 9-5 so just be patient. Can't wait to receive my watch!
jimbo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jimbo »

we want evidence the watch has got to you ....when it arrives :D

I bought a lovely watch from your side of the "great divide" and your postal system is a wee bit slower than ours so i should imagine that once Wera and her team have advised you it's sent, that most of the delay in getting to you will be your side of the Atlantic.

(I'm not saying our postal service is better than yours.....only the distances are less, and our "pony Express" don't have to trot so far) (but, if we upset our posties....they don't go "postal" on us !)

I also had reservations of buying a watch "online" without knowing what I was actually spending my money on, but the customer service for this company is one that should be an example to the whole world. If the product aint right....they fix it.....as it should be. I am sure you will love your watch when it arrives, and as your American fellows over there will vouch, a damn fine watch, and company to deal with.

I expect another American GTG will soon be on the cards....with a new member !......cheers
Remember...your left hand has the thumb on the right hand side