First inline CW purchase.

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
dnr4me
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 2

Re: First inline CW purchase.

Post by dnr4me »

It is not looking like the Royal Mail tracking number is going to work in the USPS site. As the Royal Mail site states it was turned over to the United States carrier. USPS site just states they were informed of the senders intent to despatch the item. I will give a few days and check again. See if anything changes. Probably about 7 or so days away.
julywest
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by julywest »

dnr4me wrote:It is not looking like the Royal Mail tracking number is going to work in the USPS site. As the Royal Mail site states it was turned over to the United States carrier. USPS site just states they were informed of the senders intent to despatch the item. I will give a few days and check again. See if anything changes. Probably about 7 or so days away.
As I thought... don't worry I predict will arrive at your address next Wednesday :)
Mezzame
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by Mezzame »

Here's what I was given from USPS. this is chronologically backwards.

Delivered - February 15, 2012, 1:10 pm (I think I said the 9th on an earlier post) I'm an idiot.
Registered Mail™

Processed Through Sort Facility - February 09, 2012, 3:37 am ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

The Processed Through Sort Facility will remain for many days there even though your parcel is on it's way to you. Forget the FedEx/UPS luxury - it's not there. you may get the watch at your door with a sig required or, like me, it end up in your mailbox.

Hope that helps.
C60 Trident GMT-SKS
C70 RAF Ad Astra
C60 Auto SKK
Seiko Diver
Pathfinder
dnr4me
Junior
Junior

Post by dnr4me »

Well today the USPS site showed that the parcel arrived in NYC yesterday on the 24th. So the Royal Mail tracking number appears to be working on the USPS site.
jimbo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jimbo »

This is really exciting....Just like watching Santa on the nrad site on xmas eve !
Remember...your left hand has the thumb on the right hand side
julywest
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by julywest »

dnr4me wrote:Well today the USPS site showed that the parcel arrived in NYC yesterday on the 24th. So the Royal Mail tracking number appears to be working on the USPS site.
Cut and paste???
dnr4me
Junior
Junior

Post by dnr4me »

Yep cut and paste, if that question was for me.
julywest
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by julywest »

dnr4me wrote:Yep cut and paste, if that question was for me.
sorry meant if you willing to share tracking info, would be interesting to see what you are seeing on USPS.
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by rcherryuk »

There seems to be a big backlog on regular mail into the states. I sent something recently via Airsure that took 10 days to get out of Royal Mail's Washington facility and into USPS, it the took 48 hrs to get to the facility in Nevada.

Rob
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
julywest
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by julywest »

Any word yet?
gwells
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by gwells »

at least you're buying something in stock and ready to ship quickly. i'm still waiting on my c8 vintage to ship "late february."

*sigh

i wish i was at the "tracking" phase.

hope it gets there soon.
the "g" is for Greg...
jimbo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jimbo »

Good job your not holding your breath....you would have blown up by now ! :oops:
Remember...your left hand has the thumb on the right hand side
dnr4me
Junior
Junior

Post by dnr4me »

At this point in time I wish I would have paid for the better shipping. It has been 8 days since I ordered it, so I am sure that is not really bad, but it has seemed longer. I also have not liked not having a real tracking number here in the states. It has said the same thing on the USPS site for 4 days. For all I know it has not moved in four days. I don't have a lot of faith in the USPS here as they have left many packages on my porch that were for my neighbors. I don't like having to rely on the honesty of my neighbors when it comes to a item this expensive. I don't think I will buy a item that cost this much without making sure it will be delivered UPS or Fedex.
julywest
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by julywest »

dnr4me wrote:At this point in time I wish I would have paid for the better shipping. It has been 8 days since I ordered it, so I am sure that is not really bad, but it has seemed longer. I also have not liked not having a real tracking number here in the states. It has said the same thing on the USPS site for 4 days. For all I know it has not moved in four days. I don't have a lot of faith in the USPS here as they have left many packages on my porch that were for my neighbors. I don't like having to rely on the honesty of my neighbors when it comes to a item this expensive. I don't think I will buy a item that cost this much without making sure it will be delivered UPS or Fedex.
If you can't rely on your neighbors honesty, you should move!!!

Tries ones patience huh?

UPS is only shipper that has crushed one of my items and I have shipped and sold bunches on ebay. It will just show up soon.
Mezzame
Guru
Guru

Post by Mezzame »

Been there, done that mi amigo!

It's on it's way. It will be there. Probably sitting in some guy's truck in Charlotte as we speak. You're so close, don't give up now!!! Good Lord, I sound like I'm talking you down off the ledge!! Misery loves company. :lol: :lol:

Come on forum members!! We have code blue here - I repeat CODE BLUE ( is it blue or red that's really urgent?)

Time to RALLY 'ROUND dnr4me in his hour of need.

dnr - this should help :oops:
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-02-2 ... lants.html

Mez
C60 Trident GMT-SKS
C70 RAF Ad Astra
C60 Auto SKK
Seiko Diver
Pathfinder