First inline CW purchase.

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
dnr4me
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 2

Re: First inline CW purchase.

Post by dnr4me »

Well they sent a Email saying it was shipped today, or despatched on that side of the ocean. So we will see how long it takes. I am excited for this watch!
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 147
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

We had faith...now you can too! :thumbup:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
julywest
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by julywest »

dnr4me wrote:Well they sent a Email saying it was shipped today, or despatched on that side of the ocean. So we will see how long it takes. I am excited for this watch!
clock starts... do check when leaves UK and see if USPS tracking works... would like to know...
dnr4me
Junior
Junior

Post by dnr4me »

Will do
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-three: yes

Post by Loddonite »

Looks like you didn't have any contact at 17:26 UK time, but did by 20:10.
Work late don't they?

I hope you enjoy the watch, if not the wait for the watch.
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Peteo »

julywest wrote:
Didn't seem to work for me but good to know in case or when I buy another! Thx Course even tho my son is a mailman.. I find USPS tracking to be hit and miss in general.

We are getting quite a collection of USA East Coast buyers here.
Agreed about USPS tracking. It's definitely hit and miss. The Royal Mail number should still work for it though, insofar as it's capable of working, anyway.

I do think that the American East Coast contingent is fairly well represented. I know of a few other Virginians on this forum and then there's also Russ Shettle from Maryland.
Peteo
CWs: C70US #702, 2009FLE #34, C65 S. Compressor
Non-CWs: AL&S 1815 A. Calendar, BREMONT Solo, CASIO G-Shock, GRAND SEIKO SBGA415 & SBGJ251, OMEGA Speedmaster Racing, SINN EZM13 & 103AB, TOWSON WATCH CO. C20 Chrono, TUDOR Black Bay Blue
Mezzame
Guru
Guru

Post by Mezzame »

dnr4me wrote:Still have not heard from them? Sent a e-mail to customer service and have not heard back. Perhaps I am expecting to much But I had heard there customer service was very good. It is my first experience with CW.

Be patient - if there is a problem it will get rectified by CW. I've read far too many accounts on this forum of various problems and they appear to have all been resolved.

My expereience was different than some others here in the States. I tracked the Royal Mail parcel to the US and from there the USPS site could only report that it was in country. 7-ish days later it was in my mailbox. I had thought it would requires a signature but appently not. It sat in my 12 degree F mailbox for half a day - The Trooper Trident!! She never complained.

you'll be wearing your new CW in no time and all this will be a memory.
C60 Trident GMT-SKS
C70 RAF Ad Astra
C60 Auto SKK
Seiko Diver
Pathfinder
julywest
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by julywest »

Mezzame wrote:
dnr4me wrote:Still have not heard from them? Sent a e-mail to customer service and have not heard back. Perhaps I am expecting to much But I had heard there customer service was very good. It is my first experience with CW.

Be patient - if there is a problem it will get rectified by CW. I've read far too many accounts on this forum of various problems and they appear to have all been resolved.

My expereience was different than some others here in the States. I tracked the Royal Mail parcel to the US and from there the USPS site could only report that it was in country. 7-ish days later it was in my mailbox. I had thought it would requires a signature but appently not. It sat in my 12 degree F mailbox for half a day - The Trooper Trident!! She never complained.

Thats what I experienced with USPS tracking but my 3 packages did require a signature. Luckily we live in rural area and the mailman is my wife's cousin thus he calls when we have incoming with sig required.
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Robotaz »

The Royal Mail tracking number will work on the USPS tracking page. The problem for me was that it said it was at the NY port of entry for almost 10 days and them *BAM*, it was at my door. Typical of the trash USPS tracking system. I pay extra to vendors who use UPS if possible. UPS is fast, the tracking works, and the drivers are awesome in most cases. USPS will not go out of their way in any way, shape, or form to help. It the USPS wasn't subsidized with my taxes, they wouldn't last a week competing with UPS and FedEx.
julywest
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by julywest »

Robotaz wrote:The Royal Mail tracking number will work on the USPS tracking page. The problem for me was that it said it was at the NY port of entry for almost 10 days and them *BAM*, it was at my door. Typical of the trash USPS tracking system. I pay extra to vendors who use UPS if possible. UPS is fast, the tracking works, and the drivers are awesome in most cases. USPS will not go out of their way in any way, shape, or form to help. It the USPS wasn't subsidized with my taxes, they wouldn't last a week competing with UPS and FedEx.
Hate to break the news to you but the USPS is not subsidized with your taxes.

Like most folks, you believe that but it's not true. Part of the bigger problem is congress still has a board that makes decisions for the Postal Service which prevents some of what they need to do. (Disclaimer: as I said above, my son is a mailman and he works pretty darn hard) . The USPS tracking system I agree is for the birds. UPS does do a good job... bet they don't want what USPS has by edict (every postal address every day 6 days a week).

Paragraph 4
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Sta ... al_Service
dnr4me
Junior
Junior

Post by dnr4me »

Today it already states it has reached the delivery country and has been turned over to the USPS? That seemed fast.
jimbo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jimbo »

By the way .......What is the watch you have ordered?
Remember...your left hand has the thumb on the right hand side
dnr4me
Junior
Junior

Post by dnr4me »

The C11 automatic
julywest
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by julywest »

dnr4me wrote:Today it already states it has reached the delivery country and has been turned over to the USPS? That seemed fast.
Mine was the same. UK is a small country in size... big in other aspects :D
Mezzame
Guru
Guru

Post by Mezzame »

julywest wrote:
Mezzame wrote:

Thats what I experienced with USPS tracking but my 3 packages did require a signature. Luckily we live in rural area and the mailman is my wife's cousin thus he calls when we have incoming with sig required.
That's the solution - I need a cousin!! :lol: Three cheers for small town / rural USA - may she live forever!

Will definitely consider Express next time.
C60 Trident GMT-SKS
C70 RAF Ad Astra
C60 Auto SKK
Seiko Diver
Pathfinder