Extraordinary service

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Velocette

Extraordinary service

Post by Velocette »

I had a rather trivial query so sent an email late on Friday evening to CW customer services. I was amazed to receive a reply on Saturday morning. Not only that but it was from one of the founders. In fact, we had an interesting exchange of emails.

I was very impressed not just by the detail of the reply which explained not only the what of my enquiry, but also the why. Even more, that one of the founders was happy to deal with routine customer service enquiries, and on a Saturday morning as well.

I have seen some discussions about the branding, which obviously jars with some. But really with commitment like this how can you not feel anything but positive with a company that is really trying, working hard and, dare I say it, is British. I can’t imagine Mr Omega being quite so keen to respond if I have an issue with my speedy.

Looking forward to my first purchase! Velocette
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Re: Extraordinary service

Post by kiter65 »

Very pleased you got your issue sorted but don’t understand how you can compare CW with Omega :shock:
Scrogg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Scrogg »

I'm sure if 'Mr Omega' employed a team of about 20 in a small premises in Berkshire and was sat at home on a Saturday morning going through his e-mail he would have replied as well...

The real test is will the founders of CW still be doing the same if they are ever as big as Omega?
DISJT
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by DISJT »

Seems to happen with new customers and gives them a warm fuzzy feeling.

I exchanged numerous emails with Christopher Ward himself (or someone at his email address, who knows) at the time of my initial purchase from them.
It's a very good move on their part as it generated a lot of Good faith, towards the brand, very quickly and meant I was prepared to forgive numerous errors with my order.

I have since emailed him a few times about various issues and not received a reply at all. (not a big problem as eventually I got hold of someone else who rectified my issues to my satisfaction)
CHRIS
Velocette

Post by Velocette »

I quite appreciate that some may not understand how I can compare CW with Omega, but then I hadn’t disclosed that, albeit some years ago, I did have a rather more serious issue with my Omega and let’s just say there was a shortfall against my expectations. Maybe my expectations of Omega should be even higher compared to CW? A larger firm with more resources who charge substantially more for a not dissimilar product?

Actually I don’t think customer service is a factor of size but more one of attitude. It is perfectly feasible for a large company to offer exceptional service. The involvement of one of the founders is obviously exceptional, and in referring to Mr Omega I was obviously not expecting the M.D. to contact me personally, but a prompt, empathetic and positive response does certainly enhance the customer experience. Part of the challenge with something as intangible and perception driven as service is maintaining consistency, and in the light of the rising expectations of customers.

Anyway, so far so good - and I haven’t bought a CW yet! Velocette
Robden
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Robden »

kiter65 wrote:Very pleased you got your issue sorted but don’t understand how you can compare CW with Omega :shock:
Quite right. CW is far superior. :D Well, VFM wise anyway. (At least not paying for a high profile name.)
robinbarke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by robinbarke »

I think if I had several million £'s invested in a loss making company I might pop in on a Saturday morning and answer a few emails!

Robin
C9GMT C8 Mk 1 C5 Malvern 2011 C9FLE C50 Malvern COSC C60 FLE2012 2013FLE
Oris Big Crown, Hublot, Rolex Datejust, Nomos Tangomat.

See my book, Aynho Junction, in the News section of http://www.robinbarkerphotography.com
SlowLoris
Senior
Senior

Post by SlowLoris »

Dare one ask which founder is being referred to here?
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

robinbarke wrote:I think if I had several million £'s invested in a loss making company I might pop in on a Saturday morning and answer a few emails!

Robin
SlowLoris wrote:Dare one ask which founder is being referred to here?
I think @robinbarke is referring to Mike France's financial commitment, as a Director of CWL, as discussed in the recent CW Financial Statements Ended 31/3/17 thread.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Velocette

Post by Velocette »

“Dare one ask which founder is being referred to here?”

Yes of course, ask away :-)
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Velocette wrote:“Dare one ask which founder is being referred to here?”

Yes of course, ask away :-)
@Velocette - . . . . and the question has been answered in my post above. :)

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Velocette

Post by Velocette »

You may say that, I couldn’t possibly comment....