Exclusive CW Forum Prototype Sale

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: Exclusive CW Forum Prototype Sale

Post by JAFO »

suicidal_orange wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:18 pm The Hulk Proto-chrono was the first that came to mind when I thought about CW prototypes, the second was Tyke's (wife's?) beautiful, but apparently unusable, worldtimer:
Hopefully there's something equally distinctive tomorrow!

I do have a problem though - there's no card stored on my account and I can't seem to add one without buying something. Is there anything cheaper than a £60 strap?! £10 watch pod purchased, problem solved :thumbup:
You can pay with PayPal. It's much easier when you are racing to be first through the checkout with that desirable timepiece metaphorically clutched in your hand.
alanrolfe01
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 25

Post by alanrolfe01 »

PM sent but it's not appearing in my 'sent' folder I hope I don't miss out!!!
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

alanrolfe01 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:26 pm PM sent but it's not appearing in my 'sent' folder I hope I don't miss out!!!
Kip said he's not opening the pms at the moment so your pm won't move to the sent box til Kip opens it Alan ;)
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

alanrolfe01 wrote:PM sent but it's not appearing in my 'sent' folder I hope I don't miss out!!!
Don't worry, it will move to your Sent folder once Kip opens it.
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
alanrolfe01
Senior
Senior

Post by alanrolfe01 »

welshlad wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:32 pm
alanrolfe01 wrote:PM sent but it's not appearing in my 'sent' folder I hope I don't miss out!!!
Don't worry, it will move to your Sent folder once Kip opens it.
Thanks for the info
alanrolfe01
Senior
Senior

Post by alanrolfe01 »

MiniMpi wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:31 pm
alanrolfe01 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:26 pm PM sent but it's not appearing in my 'sent' folder I hope I don't miss out!!!
Kip said he's not opening the pms at the moment so your pm won't move to the sent box til Kip opens it Alan ;)
Thanks for the info
Macdaz
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 14

Post by Macdaz »

Mine didn't appear in my sent items OR my outbox....I sent an email too, just to be safe. (I'm not paranoid at all)
SMP|Victorinox Groundforce|Mako/XL|Steinhart OVM|Smiths Everest|C60 Trident 600|C8 Pilot Mk2|Vostok 1965|C8 Flyer Mk1|Seiko Monster|C7 Rapide|Steinhart Aviation|C65 GMT|C9 AMGTLE|C60 Bronze|C8 Al Deere|C65 SC|C63 GMT|C65 Chrono|C63 Auto|C65 Dune|2023 FLE
rich3586
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 5

Post by rich3586 »

Kansas City Milkman wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:11 pm So, what are people’s hopes for the sale? Just scan-reviewing the prototypes in Jan, there seemed to be a number of C60 colour variations (42mm), a couple of Sapphire colour variations and a C65 or two. Personally, I’d like to see some C65 prototypes and I hold out hope of a slightly more legible Abyss Sapphire. Anyone else want to share what would make them open their wallet?
A green C60! Or just anything green really🤞
hunter_jones
CW-watches: 1

Post by hunter_jones »

Welp, count me out. Hopefully I'll stop being so introverted and post enough for next time something like this comes along
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

rich3586 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:50 pm
Kansas City Milkman wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:11 pm So, what are people’s hopes for the sale? Just scan-reviewing the prototypes in Jan, there seemed to be a number of C60 colour variations (42mm), a couple of Sapphire colour variations and a C65 or two. Personally, I’d like to see some C65 prototypes and I hold out hope of a slightly more legible Abyss Sapphire. Anyone else want to share what would make them open their wallet?
A green C60! Or just anything green really🤞
Good luck. Maybe a green sapphire prototype!
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by suicidal_orange »

JAFO wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:18 pmYou can pay with PayPal. It's much easier when you are racing to be first through the checkout with that desirable timepiece metaphorically clutched in your hand.
Thanks, that would be option A but I'm starting new job with a temporary big paycut next week so this is likely to be the first time I use my credit card as the bank want me to. To make it work on PayPal I'd have to sign up to online credit card stuff to verify it and that involves stupid username restrictions, stupid password restrictions and a stupid memorable word - I just looked and it's unusable :problem:
Kansas City Milkman wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:11 pmSo, what are people’s hopes for the sale?
An alternate colour C63 elite would be nice, or maybe a completely failed alternate 'sport' model that would have fitted in that range. Maybe a slightly bigger one :lol:
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

^^ Now something completely different would be interesting, especially in a case that didn't make it to production
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Relative to all the concerns regarding purchases being made by resellers or for sale on Ebay..... I have been assured that the same security and limits are in place as for the last public CW sale. They will be watching and terminating any improper attempts to buy that they can catch.

That is all they can do.

I will also add that I have verified and entered all the names for password/url notification that have been submitted. I write this post the list is complete. This include all pm's and emails.

I will add more if submitted prior to the mailing. I am still expecting this to go off as scheduled on July 28 at about 12:00 GMT.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by suicidal_orange »

Good work Kip, hopefully there weren't too many fakers for you to filter out :thumbup:
CM23
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 8

Post by CM23 »

PM sent, and thanks for the opportunity!