discontinued watches - renewal

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
neils

discontinued watches - renewal

Post by neils »

I could not find direct answer and forgive me if this is covered...I am new here.

Any chance to be able buy some of the earlier models? (E.g.white dial c9) I know I can look for 2nds etc...but some of them seem like great models and wondering why CW discontinues them?

Regards
Dr Feelgood
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 4

Re: discontinued watches - renewal

Post by Dr Feelgood »

That is a lovely watch and I considered selling mine as it was in as new condition. Then I "lost" it for about three weeks or so and as I began to write it off and move on then luckily I found it in an odd location.

I wouldn't sell it now even though the last one on the bay went for more than the last CW selling price. Much more as I recall.

Your only option is to contact CW direct. They don't bite and you'll have your answer by return usually. That way you know what your options are.

I'd say the introduction of the BDD meant the original C9 was discontinued. Pity.
akirk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by akirk »

the simple answer is no - a company like CWL needs to continually refresh their model line up to get people buying more watches - it is not economical for them to maintain huge lines of watch models - as it is they have over 170 watch variants you can buy...

they occasionally have old ones on sale - but very rare now...

generally second hand ones come up on ebay and you can see historic sales at my website www.watchroll.com which also shows you the prices...

some sell on here in the sales corner (you get access once you have posted more than 30 times) but not as many by a long way...

Alasdair
Tracking Christopher Ward watch prices on ebay globally at Watchroll
Tracking Bremont watch prices on ebay globally at Watchtrace
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by stefs »

akirk wrote:the simple answer is no - a company like CWL needs to continually refresh their model line up to get people buying more watches - it is not economical for them to maintain huge lines of watch models - as it is they have over 170 watch variants you can buy...
Alasdair

But why do the watches have such a short production life? Another difference with the big guys....The rolex and omega models have been around for years and even companies such as oris have had their big crown pointers for example for a heck of a long while and they are still part of the range now.
Cheers now, Paul
bootsy
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by bootsy »

stefs wrote: But why do the watches have such a short production life? Another difference with the big guys....The rolex and omega models have been around for years and even companies such as oris have had their big crown pointers for example for a heck of a long while and they are still part of the range now.[/b]
The Rolex and Omega models ( both huge companies compared to CWL ) are not the same even though they may share the same names as their predecessors, there are differences in external design and movements, not to mention case size. Their average batch size is bigger but even so they do not make exactly the same watches as 10 years ago.

Good luck in your second hand search.
neils

Post by neils »

Thanks all.

akirk, thanks for the suggestion on watchroll...didn't know such a thing existed....better than generic ebay searches.

Understood that CW has to refresh continually...but there are always some of those models that are timeless...and I think it was (C9 white) and so is the current Malverns. I will call CW also to keep my hopes up.

Regards
akirk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by akirk »

calling CWL can work wonders - but it is rather tlike wanting to call Jag and buy an e-type, not a good prospect long term... :)

watchroll didn't exist until a discussion on here lead to my setting it up...

Alasdair
Tracking Christopher Ward watch prices on ebay globally at Watchroll
Tracking Bremont watch prices on ebay globally at Watchtrace
andys
Senior
Senior

Post by andys »

Great website Alasdair.

Been thinking of selling my C70BE so good to be able to track back to get an idea on price
Got:
Oris BC4, C70BE, Seiko Speedway Chronograph

Want:
Chopard Mille Miglia, Ball Cannonball, Omega Snoopy Speedmaster 45th
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

andys wrote:Great website Alasdair.

Been thinking of selling my C70BE so good to be able to track back to get an idea on price
There he goes again.

I'm off to bed now but I'm betting that by 0530 Wednesday morning this Andys has found at least 5 more posts to drop into with reference to the possible sale of some completely unwanted mostly black faced, limited interest old ticker :lol: :lol:
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
andys
Senior
Senior

Post by andys »

tikkathree wrote:
andys wrote:Great website Alasdair.

There he goes again.

I'm off to bed now but I'm betting that by 0530 Wednesday morning this Andys has found at least 5 more posts to drop into with reference to the possible sale of some completely unwanted mostly black faced, limited interest old ticker :lol: :lol:
"this Andys" ???

You scoundrel.
Got:
Oris BC4, C70BE, Seiko Speedway Chronograph

Want:
Chopard Mille Miglia, Ball Cannonball, Omega Snoopy Speedmaster 45th