CWL of the day

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Camberwell
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:26 pm
CW-watches: 2

Re: CWL of the day

Post by Camberwell »

Pat51 wrote:In my opinion, the brushed finish to the bracelet looks better by mile, than the polished finish.
The polished looks too glitzy!
If a brushed finish bracelet was available as an option, i would have already bought one, instead of one with the leather strap.
I'm sure I remember reading elsewhere on this forum that the C65 brushed bracelet fits the Trident, at least the Mk I; not sure about the Mk II though...
Scrogg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1975
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:58 am

Re: CWL of the day

Post by Scrogg »

Pat51 wrote:In my opinion, the brushed finish to the bracelet looks better by mile, than the polished finish.
The polished looks too glitzy!
If a brushed finish bracelet was available as an option, i would have already bought one, instead of one with the leather strap.
Ironically, the watch was supplied on a bracelet in error. I swapped it for the leather strap originally ordered as I wanted something dfferent to my Seamaster.

Hindsight being the wonderful thing that it is I now know I shouldn't have bothered, but do agree that the brushed (C65) bracelet looks better than the brushed/polished (C60) one.

The brushed isn't officially available as an option, but CWL are often very accommodating if a swap is requested at point of order. My C4, only offered on leather or bracelet officially, was supplied on rubber with no issue :thumbup:
Camberwell wrote:I'm sure I remember reading elsewhere on this forum that the C65 brushed bracelet fits the Trident, at least the Mk I; not sure about the Mk II though...
The bracelet fits both, it's the leather straps that don't.
User avatar
Amor Vincit Omnia
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 28672
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:34 pm
CW-watches: 3
Location: Norfolk, UK

Re: CWL of the day

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Image

Slim got very bolshie this morning. He knew that today was a special day at the Anthropomorphic Horological Maternity Unit, and insisted that it was his right to be around for the arrival of the Flea (or to use his other nickname, Mixi) - Slim is a straight bâton kind of guy and cannot cope with either Arabs or Romans! He said that if he was confined to barracks again today he would be collecting his P45 and hitching a lift aboard the snail boat to the Grey Havens, to go and join his friends Alky Harrison and Mason the Goat Persecutor. I promised him that he could play the whole match today and wouldn't be substituted at half time. He believed me, of course, but then Slim has always been easy to wind up – apart from when he was broke!
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; wannabe travel writer

Walk a while in others' shoes...

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time
Mr. Harrison
Senior
Senior
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:46 pm

Re: CWL of the day

Post by Mr. Harrison »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:Image

Slim got very bolshie this morning. He knew that today was a special day at the Anthropomorphic Horological Maternity Unit, and insisted that it was his right to be around for the arrival of the Flea (or to use his other nickname, Mixi) - Slim is a straight bâton kind of guy and cannot cope with either Arabs or Romans! He said that if he was confined to barracks again today he would be collecting his P45 and hitching a lift aboard the snail boat to the Grey Havens, to go and join his friends Alky Harrison and Mason the Goat Persecutor. I promised him that he could play the whole match today and wouldn't be substituted at half time. He believed me, of course, but then Slim has always been easy to wind up – apart from when he was broke!
Dear Mister Omnia,
He would be welcome here with me and Girry the secret Goat Petsecutor (sic). I an not Alky: just choosy with whom I fly. The local airline does not do Dom P!
Mr Harrison
C9 Harrison GMT on brown croc.
My watch: A Disney Oyster by M Mouse.
User avatar
kevin_b1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 2651
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:08 am
CW-watches: 2
Location: Hertfordshire, UK

Re: CWL of the day

Post by kevin_b1 »

D Type today

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IWC Mark XVII
Rolex Oyster Datejust Perpetual (1971)
Rolex Precision 9ct gold (1962)
Rotary Les Originales
Rotary Tank
C9 5 day Chromometer
C1 Russell
User avatar
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
Posts: 36532
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:56 am
CW-watches: 22
Location: Cork, Ireland

Re: CWL of the day

Post by MiniMpi »

Looking fantastic Kevin ;)
User avatar
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
Posts: 36532
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:56 am
CW-watches: 22
Location: Cork, Ireland

Re: CWL of the day

Post by MiniMpi »

C60 Trident Red FLE for FLE Friday.

Image
User avatar
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 10876
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:43 pm
CW-watches: 13
Location: UK

Re: CWL of the day

Post by nbg »

C61 on a NATO for a bit of manual work.
Image
Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
User avatar
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
Posts: 36532
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:56 am
CW-watches: 22
Location: Cork, Ireland

Re: CWL of the day

Post by MiniMpi »

Swapped to my C7 Bluebird for this evening.

Image
User avatar
Amor Vincit Omnia
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 28672
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:34 pm
CW-watches: 3
Location: Norfolk, UK

Re: CWL of the day

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Slim is in the box, but I'll make it up to him...

Image
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; wannabe travel writer

Walk a while in others' shoes...

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time
User avatar
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
Posts: 36532
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:56 am
CW-watches: 22
Location: Cork, Ireland

Re: CWL of the day

Post by MiniMpi »

Congratulations Steve !
Gorgeous mate.
mibby
Forumgod
Forumgod
Posts: 839
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:13 pm
CW-watches: 4

Re: CWL of the day

Post by mibby »

Hooray - I have a CW again! :D

Image
CWL 2015 FLE, C8 Pilot, C80 Sector; C65 SC; Rolex (5); Omega (4); Tudor (2); Zenith; Breguet; Breitling; Seiko; Vostok (22); Strela; Poljot; Raketa; Sturmanskie; Sea-Gull (2); Universal; Oris; Roamer; Avia; Tissot
User avatar
footycrazy
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
Posts: 7071
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:30 pm
CW-watches: 1
Location: Essex coast.

Re: CWL of the day

Post by footycrazy »

^^^^^^ Congrats Steve, it looks great on ya, and indeed congrats to all the new slimline fle owners slowly receiving theirs.

:clap:
Graham
User avatar
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 3456
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:41 am
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
Location: Haarlem NL

Re: CWL of the day

Post by rcherryuk »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:
Gorgeous :thumbup: Is that the black or blue strap? It looks to be the black.

Guy
It's the blue, but it's going on a mesh soon.


Rob
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
Mr. Harrison
Senior
Senior
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:46 pm

Re: CWL of the day

Post by Mr. Harrison »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:Slim is in the box, but I'll make it up to him...

Image
Dear Mister Omnia,
Please pass on this message in its entirety. It follows on from that which I left, yesterday.
"Dear Mister Slimline, if you are cross about broken promises, please contact me. Both Girry and I would welcome you into this household. The only thing is, everything is a bit upside down here so your mechanism will feel odd.
Good wishes from the safe haven,
Mister Harrison"
PS my owner is sympathetic with yours: says the fleabag looks stunning!
C9 Harrison GMT on brown croc.
My watch: A Disney Oyster by M Mouse.