Total votes: 76

Bonny
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20
LE-two: yes

Re: CWL discovery survey

Post by Bonny »

I had a couple of unsolicited catalogues for cw in 2008/9 and the watches really caught my attention, but then, I already had a watch.... Eventually checked their web site and found the forum, joining as I bought my first cwl a c4srs immediately followed by the forum 2009 le and as a result of the forum, lots of others.
As per other comments, I think this forum is a great selling tool for cw! Real pictures and shared experience.
C4SRS C3SWK C2LE No.24 C7STT C15RKK C5AKK C3GWTR C40SKK C70GB C600IPB C600IPY C60-GMT-SKKO C70FR C5RWT C9-CHR C8SWK C11 Auto C60 Jag C7 MkII BRG C90
auroraborealis
CW-watches: 1

Post by auroraborealis »

Was lurking around WUS , then someone mentioned CWL, googled it & joined the forum --- All of a month ago. Got my first CWL couple of days ago...

Yrs,

AP
Navigare necesse est
jmarchitect
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jmarchitect »

Website first for me, discovered after googling 'divers style watches' and becoming instantly enamoured of the Trident. The forum was discovered not that long after taking delivery of the piece.
pcnorth
CW-watches: 4

Post by pcnorth »

Website first, after stumbling upon some reviews on watchreport.com. Was thinking about acquiring an IWC but wasn't sure about spending the big dollars. Found the CWL website and then the forum. The rest as they say, is history!
nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by nathanclarinet »

Website first after a search for pilot style watches. This was back in 2009. Forum about a year later after lurking for a few months.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk
jimbo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jimbo »

This is partly my wife's fault, and my late grandfather for leaving me £200 in his will.

She said spend it on something that will remind you of him............I then spent weeks looking at watches on the bay etc....and the CW web site "Popped" up........they looked good, and the link to the forum where I was "Mugged" by the members, and convinced me that a CW was the correct way in life to go.....even though it was a "web" company

I ordered my C5, and since 3 others.......the blokes and ladies on this site are A1......thanks for all the knowledge, Banter, and fun !, I have also bought from members of the site, (even from them yanks!), and the experiences have been very positive.

:clap:
Remember...your left hand has the thumb on the right hand side
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by Russ-Shettle »

Kip wrote:I should add that I too discovered CWL first. I joined the forum a month or so after buying my first CW watch.....a C4 SBS. I was member # 123 at the time. I assumed moderator duties in May of 2008.
And still eating his Weetabix! :lol:
trsullivan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 13

Post by trsullivan »

I found the website via information from a fellow's blog, Fnord is the name. Needed a good watch for my youngest sons graduation, wanted a 2824-2 engine, went to man's best friend (google) and found eta 2824-2 aviator, with a very good review of the CWL C5 and C5A watches. Googled Christopher Ward and voila! Am now much poorer/richer because of it. Only went to the forum later. Lurked a bit, then jumped into the deep end. Still haven't touched bottom....
Tom
Rule #1 - "Never pass up an opportunity to keep your mouth shut."
C3GWT, C13SWK, C5Aviator, C5 BoB, C4BBMF, W7BBMF, Pepsi GMT, Scooter Blue, C80, C65 LE, C7 COSC, C3 FLE
C65 AM GT LE