4. Don't recall
3%

Total votes: 76

atnits
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: CWL discovery survey

Post by atnits »

Same time, practically, having heard about both via another forum.
AliBar
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by AliBar »

The CWL website first - by following a link from a Watches thread on a car based forum. No coincidence that owners/followers of classic cars seem to have an equally unhealthy (expensive) penchant for watches :)
Alastair.

Double Member of the C80 Owners Club
omegaman3

Post by omegaman3 »

Saw an advert in Aviation Classics Mag, it had a full page showing the C8 Vintage, I had to have one !

Just opened my package 10 mins ago with the Cream C8 with vintage strap... looks great but too big for my wee wrist I am afraid ... will be exchanging it for a gold C5 Malvern, looks classy !!
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by scooter »

Got chatting to a chap whilst window shopping at Charles Fox, Bournemouth, October 2010.

He mentioned CWL which I googled when I got home, and the rest is history.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
atnits
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by atnits »

omegaman3 wrote:Saw an advert in Aviation Classics Mag, it had a full page showing the C8 Vintage, I had to have one !

Just opened my package 10 mins ago with the Cream C8 with vintage strap... looks great but too big for my wee wrist I am afraid ... will be exchanging it for a gold C5 Malvern, looks classy !!
The C5 cream aviator is lovely too...
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 3

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Late in '08, looking for 18th birthday present for my god-daughter, not impressed with high-street jewellers' collections, so googled "British Watch" and found CW site. Problem solved! 8)
Looked in occasionally over the next 2.5 years, but I had 2 Omegas and a couple of quartz cheapies...who could want for more?
Finally got the bug last summer, went a bit mad (especially on inexpensive little vintages) and now looking to "refine" the collection. Watch no. 15 is currently being pursued... :lol:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; wannabe travel writer

Walk a while in others' shoes...

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

I have to thank my wife. Mrs D is an avid (and quite successful) participant in competitions. CW had a comp back in 2008 and she went on the site. Told me about the 'nice watches' and asked if I'd like one for Christmas. The rest is expensive history. :lol:
Richard
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 3

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

omegaman3 wrote:Saw an advert in Aviation Classics Mag, it had a full page showing the C8 Vintage, I had to have one !

I'm quite lucky I can wear both. Was thinking of selling my C8 Mk1, but I'm happier with it now that I've accepted it's a casual wearer. The gold C5 is top banana! 8)
Sorry chaps, OT post but I wanted to reply to that!
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; wannabe travel writer

Walk a while in others' shoes...

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time
Drmarkf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Drmarkf »

A couple of years ago I was looking for a good value automatic with a brown strap and I saw a recommendation for CW in (I think) the Independent newspaper. The Brit source attracted me and the designs and value were self-evidently what I was looking for.
Regards,
Mark

Rolex [4] : Omega [2] : Heuer [3] : Sinn : Nomos : Zeno : Steinhart : Citizen : Traser : Casio : Smiths/PRS
GordyS
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by GordyS »

Unexpectedly received the brochure in the post and after a thorough going over decided I liked the C3 Chrono best. Progressed to the website then discovered the forum via the website.
So either the direct marketing works and / or the discussion on the forum makes good business for CWL as I have purchased one watch and reserved the 2012 FLE. :D
Cheers
GordyS
benjaminweiss

Post by benjaminweiss »

I ran across some mentions on ABlogToRead.com and YouTube. Liked what I saw on the CW website, but then I spent a few days on the forum here and that sold me on two watches (so far...). The forum photos and user reviews, in particular, are what converted me...twice.
CW: C60 Trident Pro (Black)
Non-CW: Raymond Weil Maestro Small Seconds
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Loddonite »

I'd had the website in favourites for a year before I came here - I had to join to get on the list for the 2009 LE.
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by Russ-Shettle »

I have to thank Timezone for discovering CW. It was a perfect timing senareo for me because Timezone had CW on their home page as the primary featured watchmaker, giving the whole story. I became interested and started exploring CW's web site and here I am 3 years later, or is it 4 years. I forget. I discovered the Forum and Kip was just one of us Joe's at that time. Had a great time that first year.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 147
LE-one: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

I should add that I too discovered CWL first. I joined the forum a month or so after buying my first CW watch.....a C4 SBS. I was member # 123 at the time. I assumed moderator duties in May of 2008.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 22

CWL discovery survey

Post by MiniMpi »

About two years ago my friend who always like good watches found CWL and told me about them. He bought a C7 Black face on leather and when I saw it in the metal I was sold on them :)
I bought my first CWL about a year later, a C70 Ad Astra and now have 5 CWL's :) :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk