CWL credibility

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Soon2BSoylent
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Re: CWL credibility

Post by Soon2BSoylent »

Could it be a prototype with a correctly lined up 4 o'clock date window.

Like from those old drawings they supplied for the FLE final designs!!??

http://www.christopherwardforum.com/vie ... 8&start=30

If such a peice existed you could probably buy CWL out with the profits from selling it :-)

PLEASE POST SOME PICS
tomrakewell
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by tomrakewell »

Unfortunately, the date window is not lined up correctly ... just like all current production C60s.

I think, I'm gonna keep the watch ... will post some pictures tomorrow.
Tom

Nautische Instrumente Mühle Glashütte City Automatic XIII
Christopher Ward C5 Malvern Automatic (C5SWTR) | C7 Rapide (C7STT,C7BRGLE) | C3 Malvern Chrono | C13 Henley Chrono | C2 Forum LE
Skagen 759LSLC | 759LGL | 755XLSLC
Soon2BSoylent
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Soon2BSoylent »

tomrakewell wrote:Unfortunately, the date window is not lined up correctly ... just like all current production C60s.

I think, I'm gonna keep the watch ... will post some pictures tomorrow.
It's probably for the best, if it did exist it would probably be taken away, shoved into a large wooden crate and sent to a dusty warehouse to be looked at by '"Top Men".

I look forward to the pics, wear in good health.
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by Russ-Shettle »

Nobody's perfect and that includes companies. CW's credibility is evident through his integrity to always do the right thing by the customer, whatever it takes, given the chance of course. Give him that chance. Most of us long term forum members have experienced a mishap of some kind or another and I believe we have all seen swift rectification without a single question. His credibility has been verified many times.
julywest
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by julywest »

Russ-Shettle wrote:Nobody's perfect and that includes companies. CW's credibility is evident through his integrity to always do the right thing by the customer, whatever it takes, given the chance of course. Give him that chance. Most of us long term forum members have experienced a mishap of some kind or another and I believe we have all seen swift rectification without a single question. His credibility has been verified many times.
Hear hear.. whole premise of this thread is "silly".
Mortis
Forum Menace
Forum Menace
CW-watches: 12
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes

Post by Mortis »

I'll swap your "flawed" for my normal one (number 73, quite an early model) if you like. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
f1colin
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by f1colin »

Tom, I think you have a gem there. The c60 is not a fle or limited run but you have obtained a rare un-numbered one out of captivity at a discount! Not sure why you raised a thread with such a disparaging title in the circumstances...
f1colin

Rolex Sub, Oyster, Daytona
Tudor Black Bay, Big Block
Omega Dynamic, Speed, Speed 2, Speed 4.5, SM300
Heuer Monaco, Monza, Daytona, Silverstone, Autavia, Carrera, Calculator, Camaro, Montreal, Audi, Verona, 844, AMI, 1000
Seiko Pogue
tomrakewell
Senior
Senior

CWL credibility

Post by tomrakewell »

f1colin wrote:Not sure why you raised a thread with such a disparaging title in the circumstances...
... you would be worried if you got a banknote without serial number, no? Not sure the explanation of the Bank of England that it was a prototype would be acceptable in that case. Rarety yes. Am I going to keep it. Likely. Good practise and consistent use of serial numbers? I still claim: no.
Tom

Christopher Ward C5 Malvern Automatic (C5SWTR) | C7 Rapide (C7STT,C7BRGLE) | C3 Malvern Chrono | C13 Henley Chrono | C2 Forum LE
robinbarke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by robinbarke »

tomrakewell wrote:
f1colin wrote:Not sure why you raised a thread with such a disparaging title in the circumstances...
... you would be worried if you got a banknote without serial number, no? Not sure the explanation of the Bank of England that it was a prototype would be acceptable in that case. Rarely yes. Am I going to keep it. Likely. Good practise and consistent use of serial numbers? I still claim: no.
I have to confess I would have raised all the issues Tom has raised and under the thread head chosen. The decision by the company to search around for old prototypes and reviewer loan watches to dispose of as nearly news will be a great fillip to turnover but will it enhance the company's reputation as a quality brand? I fear not.

Robin
C9GMT C8 Mk 1 C5 Malvern 2011 C9FLE C50 Malvern COSC C60 FLE2012 2013FLE
Oris Big Crown, Hublot, Rolex Datejust, Nomos Tangomat.

See my book, Aynho Junction, in the News section of http://www.robinbarkerphotography.com
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

I have to agree with the OP and others. Yes, it is great to have a rare and unique watch, but to sell these prototypes without explanation of missing serial numbers etc is not something that enhances the brand as a quality company.
Richard
tomrakewell
Senior
Senior

CWL credibility

Post by tomrakewell »

Here are a few photos for those who requested them:
Tom

tomrakewell
Senior
Senior

CWL credibility

Post by tomrakewell »

JAG wrote:... is that the charcoal grey bezel !
Yes.
Tom