CW Watch Archive

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
nordwulf

CW Watch Archive

Post by nordwulf »

Discontinued models disappear from the the CW website so I started archiving pictures and details of some popular models for research and enjoyment. This may be especially helpful when you are selling or looking to buy older models and just want to get the manufacturer information and pictures.

I added 28 current and discontinued models so far and it will be in work in progress. I hope I am not stepping on any toes as i know this forum also has an archive section. i just like to document and archive things that otherwise disappear in the internet abyss and never to be seen again. :)

Archive for Christopher Ward watches: http://horology.world/forums/topic/96-c ... ch-archive

MarkingTime
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Re: CW Watch Archive

Post by MarkingTime »

An excellent idea.

Thanks for your effort, it will prove invaluable.
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Essex Paul »

Fantastic idea.
And will prove very invaluable. :thumbup:

Well done. :clap:
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

A useful resource, thanks Frank.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

In the absence of CW archiving their own discontinued models (good marketing to promote history and continuity) many thanks for stepping up to do this because somebody ought to.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

Looks good Frank. Easy to navigate, good photos and easy to leave comments.

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk

gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

Are users able to attach actual photos of the different models Frank? Could be good to have actual shots as we know how much better they are than most of the renders...
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

Thanks for the kind words!
smegwina wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:15 am Looks good Frank. Easy to navigate, good photos and easy to leave comments.

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Thanks Smeggers. As you noticed, you don't even need to sign up for an account to leave comments. Not sure if this will attract spammers sooner or later but is ok for now.
gaf1958 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:05 pm Are users able to attach actual photos of the different models Frank? Could be good to have actual shots as we know how much better they are than most of the renders...
Yes, absolutely. I have been adding some of mine already. You can even paste an image URL from an external site and it will automatically embed the image. Guest can post linked images but members have full access to galleries/albums and attaching images to posts/comments. Sharing images has never been easier, a quick guide here: http://horology.world/forums/topic/19-f ... nd-tricks/

A couple of examples where I added mine:

http://horology.world/archive/watches/d ... steel-r31/
http://horology.world/archive/watches/a ... steel-r16/