CW strap question's

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
realmccoy12406
Senior
Senior

CW strap question's

Post by realmccoy12406 »

Just received my Black Alligator strap with Bader and very impressed with the strap in hand. Nicely curved lug ends with spring bars included.
Thick enough for the C60 or a Chronograph.
My question is how do the straps wear over time?
Do they hold up well with a pin buckle closure?
My thinking was to possibly fit CW straps to some of my other watches. CW prices are certainly competitive with other replacement strap brands.
Phillip
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Re: CW strap question's

Post by gaf1958 »

I've used CW straps on some of my Omegas, and a Panerai (a little one, not the usual large size). I used one of the old version alligator straps on one of my Longines for quite a while. I've never worn one on a standard buckle, so I don't know how they hold up to that, but on the Bader or butterfly clasp they're fine.
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

A deployant clasp will help to prolong the life and appearance of any strap. With daily wear, a leather strap will last usually between 1-2 years with much dependent upon skin condition and conditions the strap is subjected to.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
panos
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 5

Post by panos »

I have used the standard buckle on a C5 slimline daily for several months and unfortunately there is some wear and tear particulary around the hole the buckle pin goes through. The rest of the strap is absolutely fine and has maintained its looks to a great extent. I understand my watch has the standard leather strap whereas you ordered the alligator strap which is of better quality so perhaps it will hold up even better...
realmccoy12406
Senior
Senior

Post by realmccoy12406 »

OK very good information, curious also about the CW color listed as Orange. Is this just a light tan with a slight bit of orange? I just purchased a C60 green bezel through the recent sale and thought the orange might pair well with the green. Opinions? Phillip
SIB
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 1

Post by SIB »

I'll never find out how mine wears over time......even on the smallest hole on a 38mm watch the strap it came on was too big for me!! :(. I ended up putting my Trident on a Hirsch Mobile strap