CW Sale

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
bacwwe

CW Sale

Post by bacwwe »

Very poor effort on the sale this year, even on the preview not much to write home about. I was hoping more would be added but alas no.
Mr Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 17

Re: CW Sale

Post by Mr Rick »

bacwwe wrote:Very poor effort on the sale this year, even on the preview not much to write home about. I was hoping more would be added but alas no.
What exactly were you looking for ?
Rick

Various vintage Heuers
CW C8 Pilot MK I and II, 2011 and 13 FLEs, C5 B of B and Malvern Aviator MK II, C11 MSL MK I, C70 DBR1, C60 and C60 GMT, C9 Harrison, C9 Chrono, C10 Aviator
akirk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by akirk »

Bacwwe,

some thoughts if I may...
a) sales have become a lot tougher generally as companies have lower turnover / less margin / etc.
b) most sales have a few headliner pieces and then a lot of 'lesser-discount' pieces... the CWL sale has had a substantial number of high quality items on sale...
c) in many sales while discounts are up to xx% off many of the items are actually only 10% - 20% off... CWL have not only had lots of 30% + off, but more and better deals have been added over time - on the ladies side this has been up to 70% off, for straps - -up to 80% off - there have been some fabulous bargains
d) no-one here knows exactly how many items were for sale / have been sold - my suspicion is that it is more than we suspect - lots of purchasers will not be members on here...
e) CWL is a small company - this is not Amazon - yet their sale is very often far more disappointing / has less substantial discounts / has less items on sale!

I and many others are very happy with the sale - though I must admit that I bought more than my share of items (13 items - 5 watches & 8 straps :) ) so perhaps that is why there was nothing left for anyone else :D

Alasdair
Tracking Christopher Ward watch prices on ebay globally at Watchroll
Tracking Bremont watch prices on ebay globally at Watchtrace
Avallon
Senior
Senior

Post by Avallon »

I agree with Alasdair, I'm a bit of a Hotukdealsaholic - so I look at many many sales. I have seen watch related sales with greater discount and volume levels but they tend to be for pseudo-Chinese or mushroom brands where the discount level is artificially boosted.

CWL are selling some of their most popular models (C3 & C5) at a discount and have made a number of models across the range available as nearly-new inc. the C60 and a number of limited edition watches. (C9 Harrison still available).

For the size of the company and bearing in mind CWL watches tend to be sold at lower margin as standard, I think that CWL have put together a convincing and appealing sale.