Customer service and appreciation better or worst?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
DiigerDofs

Customer service and appreciation better or worst?

Post by DiigerDofs »

Have to say my experience is it’s not as good as 5 or more years ago.
Never even got an apology for the Orange hour market falling off after 1 month on my C60 Concept, and having to wait 6 weeks months for the repair.
How are others fairing?
dipidyy

Re: Customer service and appreciation better or worst?

Post by dipidyy »

Mine is still in process, mainly due dhl, but CW promptly toom action and set wheels in motion. So far so good

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author dipidyy for the post:
DiigerDofs
Ttf23
Guru
Guru

Post by Ttf23 »

CW’s customer services get a big thumbs up from me. In my personal experience, they may not always get everything right straight away, but they are great to deal with and get there in the end.

If anything, I think CW’s customer service has got better over time.
These users thanked the author Ttf23 for the post (total 2):
DiigerDofsalbionphoto
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jcalder68 »

Big thumbs up from me too.
Recently returned one of my watches for regulation/adjustment (it had dropped out of COSC specs) and it was returned within a fortnight. Very polite service when I spoke to them in the phone, regular email updates to confirm they had received my watch back, that it had been inspected, that it was being repaired under warranty and when I could expect it back etc.
The only fly in the ointment was DPD (again!) who totally, utterly and completely screwed up at every step of the way…
Keep well,
C
These users thanked the author Jcalder68 for the post:
DiigerDofs
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
Internaut
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Internaut »

Hmmm… I’ve generally been impressed with DPD over time but the delivery of Trident was strange. Time slot given, then delayed, then I used the app to request they drop it off at the local outlet mall, then delivered to my home address anyway. They could do better! I hope this isn’t an emerging pattern though, of course, I appreciate they fight the same pressures as the rest of the economy.
These users thanked the author Internaut for the post:
DiigerDofs
Beat up vintage Swatch Irony, C5 Malvern (the original), Swiss Military Swiss Soldier Quartz, Seagull 1963, Swatch Blurang Automatic, Swatch Cafe de Flore, Sealander GMT, Trident Pro 600, Fitbit Charge 5. Festina 8810, Addiesdive AD2113 knock off.
ROF68
CW-watches: 8

Post by ROF68 »

I've had many occasions to interact with CW customer service over the last few years, and while I've had a few frustrations along the way, generally I would give them high marks. You note that you "Never even got an apology for the Orange hour market falling off after 1 month on my C60 Concept." The hour marker falling off does strike me as highly unfortunate -- especially given the cost of that watch -- but I wonder sometimes if we impose our own cultural expectations onto how we think they SHOULD respond. When they don't respond the way we expect -- in this case, with a very clear and very direct apology -- I think perhaps we can read into it a lack of concern, which may in fact just be a cultural difference in how certain things are communicated. Maybe I'm wrong about that, but I think it's a possibility.
These users thanked the author ROF68 for the post:
jkbarnes
Tim
“It isn’t much good having anything exciting, if you can’t share it with somebody.” —Winnie the Pooh

C60 Atoll | C63 Sealander (white & hunter green) | C63 Highlander | C65 Sandhurst | C65 Trident Auto | C65 Trident GMT | C65 Anthropocene
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20

Post by Lawrence »

Thumbs up from me...
Bulova Accutron Gemini, C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE, C65 Trident Black, C65 Trident Diver SH21, C65 Trident Ombre LE, C60 Elite 1000 GMT, C60 Chrono, Tudor Black Bay Heritage Maroon & Black, C60 Trident Bronze Ombré COSC LE Edition and others....
ctafield
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes

Post by ctafield »

Ordinarily great. But returning a faulty watch (from the sale) seems to have taken a bit of a turn. "Can you confirm the fault with the watch?"... It was basically DOA, so should be fairly obvious to anyone (more so people that make + sell watches) that it wasn't working. It now seems to have fallen down a black hole, no refund, and no replies to emails.

update: now refunded.
Chris

CW C60 #Tide - Rolex Sub Date - Longines HydroConquest - Anonimo Nautilo Leopard Racing - Bremont Bronze Argonaut Sargasso - Farer Cribbar
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jkbarnes »

My experiences with CS have been top notch every time.
Andrew
“The first draft of anything is sh*t.” ~ Ernest Hemingway

C65 Trident Vintage
C65 AMGT LE

Find me on Instagram @jkbarnes