Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 1
LE-fourb: Yes
Location: West of Ireland with a real turf fire keeping us warm

Current CW Range.

Post by albionprs »

Hi There Folks,
As a long time fan of the CW brand, and now returning in spending my hard earned cash on a C60 300 , when looking at the current collection range, I was a little disappointed not see more variety as like in years gone bye.
It is heavy focused either on a diver or sport range of watches.
Were has the dress watch, aviation and indeed motor sport collection's gone.
Are there any plans for the above to return in the future?

No doubt I can't be the only person wondering where CW are heading.
Life is always full of surprises
C60 - 300 Green, C65 Sandhurst; 1962 9ct Omega Auto; Tudor Black Bay GMT; Tag Heuer Monza; Omega Aqua Terra Blue; Rolex Explorer 114270
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: Current CW Range.

Post by Richard D »

I was at CW this past Wednesday and there was no mention of extending their current offer, except with the realise of a couple of LE’s, one this November and the other in March next year. I had every intention of buying a 300 but when I saw them, one question popped into my head, “do I need or indeed want another diver”? Simple answer was, “no”.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
albionprs
Guru
Guru

Post by albionprs »

I didn't have a diver at the time, so pulled the trigger.
My previous diver was a Brietling Superocean Heritage.
C60 - 300 Green, C65 Sandhurst; 1962 9ct Omega Auto; Tudor Black Bay GMT; Tag Heuer Monza; Omega Aqua Terra Blue; Rolex Explorer 114270
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

I think they are catering for what the majority of the public want
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

golfjunky wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:28 pm I think they are catering for what the majority of the public want
You are are right, it’s what the forum wanted and all credit to CW for delivering the 300.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

Richard D wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:47 pm
golfjunky wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:28 pm I think they are catering for what the majority of the public want
You are are right, it’s what the forum wanted and all credit to CW for delivering the 300.
That and the sealander are the watches we have been asking for for years.
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Yes, I have surprisingly few divers, and accordingly not so many rotating bezels. I am not particularly averse to them, but I like other watches as well. Among others, I now have C65 handwounds in 3 colours, and a C60 bronze. I think my favourite of the recent CW's would be the new Pro 300, but I don't really need another watch to be honest.
ROF68
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 9

Post by ROF68 »

My own sense is that they have continued to refine and clarify the aesthetic of the CW brand over the last couple of years. And I agree that the Sealander was a kind of watershed moment for them -- creating a new non-diver sport watch platform which they'll be able to build on for long time. Personally, I'm a big fan of the current design direction -- and think the quality and value proposition continues to be really strong.
These users thanked the author ROF68 for the post:
jkbarnes
Tim
“It isn’t much good having anything exciting, if you can’t share it with somebody.” —Winnie the Pooh

Trident Pro 300 | C60 Atoll | C63 Sealander (x2) | C63 Highlander | C65 Sandhurst | C65 Trident Auto | C65 Trident GMT | C65 Anthropocene
ROF68
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 9

Post by ROF68 »

ROF68 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:31 pm My own sense is that they have continued to refine and clarify the aesthetic of the CW brand over the last couple of years. And I agree that the Sealander was a kind of watershed moment for them -- creating a new non-diver sport watch platform which they'll be able to build on for long time. Personally, I'm a big fan of the current design direction -- and think the quality and value proposition continues to be really strong.
PS: Maybe a little off-topic for this thread, but I also think the quality of the CW bracelets is outstanding for the price. I don't have any "luxury" brands -- and maybe they're even better -- but boy, when I wear one of my non-CW watches with a bracelet, I always think: "Well, it's ok, but it's no CW."
Tim
“It isn’t much good having anything exciting, if you can’t share it with somebody.” —Winnie the Pooh

Trident Pro 300 | C60 Atoll | C63 Sealander (x2) | C63 Highlander | C65 Sandhurst | C65 Trident Auto | C65 Trident GMT | C65 Anthropocene
albionprs
Guru
Guru

Post by albionprs »

ROF68 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:31 pm My own sense is that they have continued to refine and clarify the aesthetic of the CW brand over the last couple of years. And I agree that the Sealander was a kind of watershed moment for them -- creating a new non-diver sport watch platform which they'll be able to build on for long time. Personally, I'm a big fan of the current design direction -- and think the quality and value proposition continues to be really strong.
The Sealander is fine watch no doubt, but when I look back of some of there recent dress watches, like (forgive me if I'm wrong here), The Grand Malvern, The Beckett and the 5 day Harrison Auto using their own in house movement, great watches and would wished I had kept the latter in my own collection.
I hope to see some more like that
These users thanked the author albionprs for the post (total 2):
ROF68alanrolfe01
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

albionprs wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:00 pm
The Sealander is fine watch no doubt, but when I look back of some of there recent dress watches, like (forgive me if I'm wrong here), The Grand Malvern, The Beckett and the 5 day Harrison Auto using their own in house movement, great watches and would wished I had kept the latter in my own collection.
I hope to see some more like that
Imo the SH21 has also been too fat in all dims to make a proper dress watch. Smarten up the 36mm sealander and that could be a brill dress watch.
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by thomcat00 »

We may yet see a return to greater variety as there have been hints dropped as noted of some LEs on deck, and the new line coming in May ‘23. I’m excited to see what CW brings forth even as I need nothing currently. Doesn’t mean my wish list is empty - ahem, Aquitaine GMT, 300. I have several CW watches from early years to current models. Divers don’t move me much, yet I have more CW divers than I have total watches of any other brand. Not rational, but they call to me. :) I have also dipped into the back catalogue for some variety among the CW offerings.
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by thomcat00 »

I should add I’d like to see dressier watches in the lineup. I’ve liked dress watches since I was a teen.
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

I think this sums it up quite perfectly.

Considering they sponsor a motorsport team, however, there really ought to be a motorsport watch. I’d be curious to see what a chrono version of a 39mm Sealander might look like.
These users thanked the author jkbarnes for the post:
ROF68
Drew
Didier.O
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Didier.O »

jkbarnes wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:25 pm I’d be curious to see what a chrono version of a 39mm Sealander might look like.
You mean chronograph, right? CW being a purchaser of third party movements, I'd also be curious to see how they could pull it off, and would be ready to pay the price for it. Their current chrono offering is way too large and bulky for my taste, however unless they go manual wound I dont know what the mvt offering could be without breaking the bank significantly. Zenith makes a lovely 38mm auto chrono, but the price aint that lovely for most.

As far as Im concerned, and I know it may be years from now if anything, Id like CW to hone in on aspects that are often overlooked: I'd like longer power reserves than what off-the-shelf Sellitas allow for, I'd like titanium options on some of their flagship watches, I'd like CW-designed (with therefore perfect fit) jubilee bracelets that could be retrofitted to sealanders/C60s.
These users thanked the author Didier.O for the post:
jkbarnes