Confession!

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
teestech
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Confession!

Post by teestech »

Forgive me forum for I have sinned! It's been 2 months since my last forum post.

Anyway, been busy with work and other things over Christmas and New Year, but have over the past few days been trying to catch up on everyone's posts. Seems I've wandered back into the asylum at an interesting time. A couple of new models released, forum being taken under company ownership etc etc.

However, it's pleasing to see that some things don't change. Friendly advice (and banter), posts about quartz v auto, stories of minor niggles with watches, and even more stories of exceptional service and near 24 hour coverage of Wera and the team at CWL.

Anyway, I'm rambling....just thought I'd say hello again, and renew my efforts to put aside to keep track of what's going on here. On the watch front, I'm quite impressed by the new C9BDD, and have a funny feeling one of those may join my original silver dialled C9 at some point in the not too distant future. I'm also loving the non-RAF roundel version of the Typhoon. When I visited Park Street, the roundel was the main thing I wasn't too keen on, despite really liking the watch overall. My only other slight concern is the lack of deployment clasp on the strap. I know I could change the strap, but I actually like the high density webbing strap it comes on (apart from the buckle).
Chr Ward • Rolex • Oris • Magrette • Orient • Helgray • Citizen • CWC • Momentum • Suunto • Rotary • Majex • Yema
Handwound: 2 • Automatic: 15 • Quartz: 6
Richard B
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Re: Confession!

Post by Richard B »

Poor excuses Colin.... must try harder! :lol:
So I wish I was James Bond, just for the day.
Kissing all the girls, blow the bad guys away.
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

teestech wrote:Forgive me forum for I have sinned! It's been 2 months since my last forum post.
Ego te absolvo a peccatis tuis, in nomine...

10 Ave Marias, 10 Pater Nosters and you're done.

Welome back!
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
teestech
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by teestech »

I thought all sins were to be forgiven Richard? I wondered who'd be first to tell me I didn't have my priorities right!

Steve, thanks very much! Always a pleasure to head to Google to translate your messages, especially when it turns out I'm not being told off (too harshly).

Good to be back. :D
Chr Ward • Rolex • Oris • Magrette • Orient • Helgray • Citizen • CWC • Momentum • Suunto • Rotary • Majex • Yema
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Ah, sorry - your opening line was so beautifully Catholic that I assumed you'd know the reply! :D
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
teestech
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by teestech »

Afraid not, but I guessed the general idea and a quick Google gave me it verbatim. By the way, after having just been in the watch box giving this weeks unworn a cursory wind, your old Yema is spinning away nicely! :D
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Glad you're back. You do have a bit of reading to do. :)

You may be able to get a PVD Bader Buckle for the Typhoon eventually. It just wont be titanium.

They just aren't for sale seperately yet.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
teestech
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by teestech »

Hi Kip, that's VERY interesting. I doubt the weight of the steel bader clasp will substantially harm the feel of the watch, and it'd make it much more appealing to me at least. Definitely one to keep an eye on, so thanks.

The reading has had to develop into a bit of in depth and a bit of skimming I'm afraid, otherwise I was worried I'd never catch up! That'll teach me to stay away so long.
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

Good to see you back.

In terms of Forum life it's still 'same old, same old'.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
teestech
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by teestech »

Cheers scooter! Same old, same old is no bad thing. Hope the atrocious Somerset weather isn't causing you too much disruption.
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Welcome back :) :)