Discuss Christopher Ward watches
koimaster
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Chris Ward Interview

Post by koimaster »

HI all,

I am hoping that Chris will be doing a real time interview at my forum as he has done here. He accepted my invitation and now we are arranging the details. I am posting this only to invite members here who may want to submit questions without having to join another forum. Please let me know and if you have questions you would like to submit, just send me a PM. I will not post a link to the other forum, common courtesy precludes that. I would just like to make the interview available to everyone.

best regards,

Koimaster

Alain

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
hughesyn
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Re: Chris Ward Interview

Post by hughesyn »

Isn't his name 'Chr. Ward'?

I don't think he uses the name 'Chris'.

My question for Chr. is: Can he give a date for release of SH21 based chronograph?
C8 Pilot Mk II Vintage; C5 Quartz Mk II; C4 'Phoenix', C5 MMXV FLE, C7 Automatic Chronograph
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

I will make a link available for the interview when I get it. The interview is being held by the Watchlords forum. Date and time to be announced.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
theaaronp
Senior
Senior

Post by theaaronp »

So this is what I see when I click that link, is the website broken or does it actually look like this?

Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

That is what it looks like. :)
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
eggtronics
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by eggtronics »

Speaking about dated and ugly looking forums, when's the anticipated CW Forum update likely to happen? 8)
When I see a watch, the last thing I see is the time

Watch It All About
The WIAA Shop

I've always got loads of watches for sale, PM me to see what I've got available right now!
theaaronp
Senior
Senior

Post by theaaronp »

Graphic designer here btw, I work freelance but own a small design studio called iinde (ltd). Happy to help with the forum design if needed.
koimaster
Senior
Senior

Post by koimaster »

double

1946-2006

theaaronp
Senior
Senior

Post by theaaronp »

Hi chap,

I think the point I was making wasn't that the content was poor, it's that in todays world it pays to have something either at least well designed or easy to navigate.

There's a chance people don't even get an opportunity to see your great content due to a confusing website.

But hey, you don't care. :thumbup: :clap:
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

Good Times Magazine "Canada's magazine for successful retirement".
Not my usual source when looking for watch forums, but congratulations nonetheless.
I spent some time reading the forum this morning. I don't think I'll be back. The purpose of the forum seems to be firstly to complain about how bad and/or incompetent all other watch writers are, secondly to complain about how all other writers have too much money, and finally to discuss watches. The only threads that aren't created primarily for he purpose of bitching, are members showing off new watches.
koimaster wrote:Thanks for the critique of the forum. I really do not care if it does not look like all of the other forums. I care about the content we have..

2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
reggie747
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by reggie747 »

Good Times Magazine "Canada's magazine for successful retirement".
Not my usual source when looking for watch forums, but congratulations nonetheless.
I spent some time reading the forum this morning. I don't think I'll be back. The purpose of the forum seems to be firstly to complain about how bad and/or incompetent all other watch writers are, secondly to complain about how all other writers have too much money, and finally to discuss watches. The only threads that aren't created primarily for he purpose of bitching, are members showing off new watches.
:mod: :megaeek: :lol: :lol:
Fluffy cuddly kittens and little puppy dogs.......????
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

Watchlords is far more of ,what I call, the old wild west compared to the CW Forum and many others. They are truly an independent forum and can operate as they see fit. It is certainly not for everyone.

Should one take the time to look past the rough and gruff exterior, you will find a lot of very good people there. Many are members here. They also provide a lot of very good watch knowledge and are very good at getting past the smoke and mirrors of the watch industry.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

koimaster
Senior
Senior

Post by koimaster »

Lavaine wrote:Good Times Magazine "Canada's magazine for successful retirement".
koimaster wrote:Thanks for the critique of the forum. I really do not care if it does not look like all of the other forums. I care about the content we have..

Actually it is Long Island, New York and was founded in 1969. It is also recognized as a leader in music and entertainment news regionally and many of the articles they have manage to somehow fall into much larger publications such as Rolling Stone. I am pleased you took the time to rummage through the old forum but I must have missed something as to our content.

\

I am also certain you have been threatened as often as I have by watch companies and others over the years. But hey, thanks for stopping by. But as Kip has stated, we are unsponsored and have the freedom to discuss what we like and how we like it. CW forum where I have been a member for the past 5 years now is different in tone but one of my frequent stops. I feel that this forum and TZ-UK along with WL are the only truly old school forums left in this hobby. and correctly stated, many members of WL are also members here. I am also a CW owner as are many at WL. Have a nice evening.

1946-2006

theaaronp
Senior
Senior

Post by theaaronp »

I know you probably mean well, but posting a wall of text and images isn't going to help you.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

I believe the point is to show that they (Watchlords) cover a very wide range of subjects and provide a pretty good area of information. They are not worried about design...good, bad or indifferent.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"