C90 White

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
giotecno

C90 White

Post by giotecno »

Guys I amanged to convince family members to fund a C90 because I think its the most unusual piece I have seen from the CW website. The issue is Strap options, I wanted a brown or tan variant and I am not a fan of aftermarket or the aligator I want the watch to have a original CW strap, I like the new style clamp systems, do you guys know if the C8SXVT or C70SXGB would fit as I think the brown or tan would compliment the white C90. Also I have found very little on the white C90 front in terms of pictures, reviews etc if anyone has one a few pictures on the wrist will be very much appretiated.. Thank you guys.
giotecno

Re: C90 White

Post by giotecno »

Guys any suggestions?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

The C90 has 20mm lugs, so neither of the C7/C8 straps will fit (they are 22mm). The sizing of the C90 strap on the CWL website is an error...

The C9/C4 strap will fit.
Richard
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

C90 White

Post by ianblyth »

Not the C4 as that is 22mm. The C3 is 20mm. The other option is to get a third party strap and put the CWL deployment on it.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

C90 White

Post by ianblyth »

There is a pic of the white C90 in the Reference Gallery. All C9s and C90s use the same 43m case so any C9 wrist shot will give you an idea.
downer

Post by downer »

ianblyth wrote:Not the C4 as that is 22mm. The C3 is 20mm. The other option is to get a third party strap and put the CWL deployment on it.
Of course. The 4 was a typo....... I was aiming at the 3.... stupid sausage fingers. :oops:
Richard
giotecno

Post by giotecno »

Does CW sell just the deployment? So if I did want a good aftermarket one I could fit an original cw deployment? Also guys can I order the watch with 2 additional holes on the strap as I got small wrists :)

Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

giotecno wrote:Does CW sell just the deployment? So if I did want a good aftermarket one I could fit an original cw deployment? Also guys can I order the watch with 2 additional holes on the strap as I got small wrists :)

CWL does not advertise the deployants, but they can be had seperately.Contact Customer Service or Wera at Wizziethewiz@christopherward.co.uk for availability.

Additional holes can be punched in the straps. Requests can be made at time of ordering. See here.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
giotecno

Post by giotecno »

This is great information guys and kip, so will I be able to fit a CW deployment on a thick leather on a toshi strap? as thats who I might get one from. and what do I say to the Toshi guy? that I have my own butterfly deployment.
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

C90 White

Post by ianblyth »

Unlikely as Toshi straps are very thick.
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by village »

giotecno wrote:This is great information guys and kip, so will I be able to fit a CW deployment on a thick leather on a toshi strap? as thats who I might get one from. and what do I say to the Toshi guy? that I have my own butterfly deployment.
ianblyth wrote:Unlikely as Toshi straps are very thick.
As Ian says,most of Rich's (Toshi's) straps are fairly thick,but he does have limited runs of various types of leather he picks up here and there every now and then. It would definitely be worth asking him if he can do you a bespoke strap regards thickness.
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....