C9 Worldtimer vs C1 Worldtimer vs C1 Worldglow

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
ralfybaby

Re: C9 Worldtimer vs C1 Worldtimer vs C1 Worldglow

Post by ralfybaby »

colonels wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:54 pm the Omega Seamaster Worldtime would be perfect if it didn't have those vertical lines in the background. supposedly mimicking teak boards on a yacht it actually looks very plasticky and cheap against the beautiful laser ablated world topography.
Have you seen one IRL? Cheap and plasticky is the last thing that comes to mind when holding one ....
I think the vertical "teak" lines work very well including on the regular Seamaster 3 hander
These users thanked the author ralfybaby for the post:
JasperCat
MichaelMD
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by MichaelMD »

The Worldglow was my first CW watch. I really enjoyed it and it was very comfortable to wear. My main gripe with it was its size. It wasn't too big for me at all, but it's a dressy looking watch with a sports watch diameter. I found that over time it got less and less wrist time. I have a DJ41 so in dressy situations that's always my go-to. In casual situations I found it sometimes to look too dressy, especially on the black leather strap, and I have a plethora of sports watches that I'd reach for ahead of it. In the end it was a neat watch and it brought me into the world of CW, but within a year it was sold. I miss it sometimes but honestly not much. Much happier with my Atoll.

Sent from my Galaxy S20 using Tapatalk

JasH
Senior
Senior

Post by JasH »

colonels wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:54 pm the Omega Seamaster Worldtime would be perfect if it didn't have those vertical lines in the background. supposedly mimicking teak boards on a yacht it actually looks very plasticky and cheap against the beautiful laser ablated world topography.
I always thought that part of the dial looked metallic and suited it.

I guess you have tried it in person but it just didn't appeal.

These users thanked the author JasH for the post (total 2):
colonelsJasperCat
colonels

Post by colonels »

JasH wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:36 pm
I always thought that part of the dial looked metallic and suited it.

I guess you have tried it in person but it just didn't appeal.

Yes something design wise doesn't work for me with the clean perfect lines against the roughly textured world map. Still a beautiful watch and probably my favorite world timer because of the blue coloring. That's what also drew me to the Bel Canto. I'm not a big collector but my current watches I wear all the time. Rose gold ceramic Daytona chocolate Arabic dial, Patek 5712g on a custom tan strap, and 38mm Pasha chronograph steel with the Piguet movement. I could easily work in the Bel Canto at its price point and I know I would enjoy wearing it. I've been looking at Lange Datographs rose gold but only because the movement is so beautiful and can't justify the price now
DirkWatch

Post by DirkWatch »

How about an offering somewhat left field: Frederique Constant?

https://frederiqueconstant.com/collecti ... orldtimer/

Smaller and thinner than the Omega, alot cheaper too. But no worldmap on the dial.. But the non Highlife model does have one. Same in-house caliber too.
These users thanked the author DirkWatch for the post:
JasperCat
colonels

Post by colonels »

DirkWatch wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:40 am How about an offering somewhat left field: Frederique Constant?

https://frederiqueconstant.com/collecti ... orldtimer/

Smaller and thinner than the Omega, alot cheaper too. But no worldmap on the dial.. But the non Highlife model does have one. Same in-house caliber too.
that one does not appeal to me but i looked on their website and this one does!

https://frederiqueconstant.com/watches/ ... 18nwwm4h6/
Ian_S

Post by Ian_S »

suicidal_orange wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:19 pm I have no feedback having never seen any of these but as you said "that you're aware of" I thought I'd mention there's a fourth option in the form of the C8, if you're looking for the functionality rather than the look that is :thumbup:

/

Very interesting topic. Is the C8 a real world timer or just a dual time/GMT watch with a rotating bezel with the “world time cities”?