C9 Moonphase

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
mrnutt
Junior
Junior

C9 Moonphase

Post by mrnutt »

Bit of a hit and hope here.....

With the latest clearance pieces up on the website I am tempted by some bits on there but as I can't be too greedy with a wedding coming up this year I wanted to know if anyone had some inside info on whether the C9 world timer and Moonphase would get switched out for the new logo look?

As I said a bit of a hit and hope, but would be Sod's law I'd get something in this clearance and then not be able to afford something else!
Dave
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: C9 Moonphase

Post by Tyke »

Not seen any info on this. There are several CW's that haven't been on offer, I suspect as most are low volume top end they might just phase them out through natural selling rather than discounting.
STodd
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 13
LE-five: yes

Post by STodd »

Is there not one in the For Sales at the moment..?
C60 GMT MkI¦C11 Elite,Pro¦C700 Grande Rapide¦C8 Pilot MkII¦C8 UTC¦C10 FLE#13¦C4 'Phoenix'¦Speedhawk¦Bluebird LE#319¦IRR LE#129¦C1000 FGR4
Omega PO 2201.51.00¦Damasko DA44¦Seiko KS 5621-7020, SRP639¦Luminox 1833¦Newmark 6BB¦Scurfa DiverOne NATO
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Tyke »

STodd wrote:Is there not one in the For Sales at the moment..?
Yup, and the OP only needs 3 more posts to see it, but the request was for new clearance, not used.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Likely at some stage this year as the Moonphase and Worldtimer are due to be released in a MkII (?) incarnation, using the C1 Grand Malvern case; possibly in an enlarged 42-43mm case for the Worldtimer.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia Z5 Premium
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
kevin_b1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by kevin_b1 »

mrnutt wrote:Bit of a hit and hope here.....

With the latest clearance pieces up on the website I am tempted by some bits on there but as I can't be too greedy with a wedding coming up this year I wanted to know if anyone had some inside info on whether the C9 world timer and Moonphase would get switched out for the new logo look?

As I said a bit of a hit and hope, but would be Sod's law I'd get something in this clearance and then not be able to afford something else!
Dave
I have sent you a PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IWC Mark XVII
Rolex Oyster Datejust Perpetual (1971)
Rolex Precision 9ct gold (1962)
Rotary Les Originales
Rotary Tank
C9 5 day Chromometer
C1 Russell
mrnutt
Junior
Junior

Post by mrnutt »

Thanks for the PM will go take a look!

Yeah up until I reach 30 post I won't be able to see the sales corner.

I personally can't quite visualise the current Moonphase with the new logo so as mentioned above , maybe the current stock will be phased out and a MK2 version with the newer case will come about.

Dave
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Tyke »

mrnutt wrote:Thanks for the PM will go take a look!

I personally can't quite visualise the current Moonphase with the new logo so as mentioned above , maybe the current stock will be phased out and a MK2 version with the newer case will come about.

Dave
There was a mock up of the Moonphase with the new logo on the Forum chat with Chris thread, it was centre justified in the same position as currently, but with the new font, so it looks like the logo arrangement on the C8 power reserve, but at 6 o'lock, not 12 o'clock
mrnutt
Junior
Junior

Post by mrnutt »

Tyke wrote:

Dave
There was a mock up of the Moonphase with the new logo on the Forum chat with Chris thread, it was centre justified in the same position as currently, but with the new font, so it looks like the logo arrangement on the C8 power reserve, but at 6 o'lock, not 12 o'clock
Interesting to know, is there an archive of those chats to see if I can find the image. I'll take a look at the C8 and try to visualise the Moonphase dial with the logo at6.
Thanks!
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Tyke »

mrnutt wrote:
Tyke wrote:

Dave
Interesting to know, is there an archive of those chats to see if I can find the image. I'll take a look at the C8 and try to visualise the Moonphase dial with the logo at6.
Thanks!
Hi
I'm on my tablet which means I can't paste links, but search for 'chat with CW 9th June' and you will find the ianblyth post which has the transcript links you need. There is a partial Moonphase picture at 9.32pm on the chat thread, sadly not full face but that's all there is.

Hope that helps
mrnutt
Junior
Junior

Post by mrnutt »

[/quote]

There was a mock up of the Moonphase with the new logo on the Forum chat with Chris thread, it was centre justified in the same position as currently, but with the new font, so it looks like the logo arrangement on the C8 power reserve, but at 6 o'lock, not 12 o'clock[/quote]

Thanks![/quote]

Hi
I'm on my tablet which means I can't paste links, but search for 'chat with CW 9th June' and you will find the ianblyth post which has the transcript links you need. There is a partial Moonphase picture at 9.32pm on the chat thread, sadly not full face but that's all there is.

Hope that helps[/quote]

Thanks for that! very informative and good to see! when the logo is positioned like that I actually quite like look of it and think it will work well on the Moonphase, will be interested to see if they do similar for a new version of the jumping hour should they continue with that model.