C8 Vintage Strap

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
bwarrr

C8 Vintage Strap

Post by bwarrr »

Hi There...Just received my first CW in the mail today...a C8 Pilot! Couldn't be happier...beautiful watch. I was a bit concerned that it wouldn't sit well on my smallish wrist but, it looks great!
Quick question...love the light brown look of the vintage pilot strap...doesn't seem to be for sale in the strap section...am I missing something?! Why doesn't CW offer this strap for separate purchase?
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Re: C8 Vintage Strap

Post by Russ-Shettle »

bwarrr wrote:Hi There...Just received my first CW in the mail today...a C8 Pilot! Couldn't be happier...beautiful watch. I was a bit concerned that it wouldn't sit well on my smallish wrist but, it looks great!
Quick question...love the light brown look of the vintage pilot strap...doesn't seem to be for sale in the strap section...am I missing something?! Why doesn't CW offer this strap for separate purchase?
Don't know myself. Only Kip can tell you. Are you sure it's not there?
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 149
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

JAG wrote:It will appear in a month or so as the C11 straps took a month or 2 to make it to the sales pages :-)
It usually comes down to inventory levels. As JAG states...they will become available eventually.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Russ-Shettle »

Kip wrote:
JAG wrote:It will appear in a month or so as the C11 straps took a month or 2 to make it to the sales pages :-)
It usually comes down to inventory levels. As JAG states...they will become available eventually.
Kip,

Speaking of straps and bracelets as well. I wish CW would offer bracelet options for any watch. I would be interested, actually more than that, I would definitely purchase an extra bracelet of a different style if one were made specific to my 700. I'm actually interested in the old style bracelet I've seen in the Cat. I assume it has been permanently phased out unless one actually remains in stock. Are there any? Would it even fit the 700. That would be pushing my luck.

Put a bug in CW's ear for me.... :thumbup:
PaulWB
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 62

Post by PaulWB »

You mean this strap ??

http://www.christopherward.co.uk/straps ... 8sxvt.html

You don't see it if you look under leather straps (only when you search for 22mm straps).
C1, C2, C3, C5, C6, C8, C9, C11, W6, C7/C70, 2009 FLE, 2012 FLE Red, 2013 FLE, 2015 FLE, C9 JH2, C900 WT

Member CWL Double Figures Club
bwarrr

Post by bwarrr »

PaulWB wrote:You mean this strap ??

You don't see it if you look under leather straps (only when you search for 22mm straps).
That's exactly the strap I was looking for!! Like you guessed...I was only searching under leather straps...seemed like a good place to search!! :D
Thanks for the help!
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Russ-Shettle »

bwarrr wrote:
PaulWB wrote:You mean this strap ??

That's exactly the strap I was looking for!! Like you guessed...I was only searching under leather straps...seemed like a good place to search!! :D
Thanks for the help!
Probably just a programming spoof. It would only be too logical...
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

Russ-Shettle wrote:
Kip wrote:
Kip,

Speaking of straps and bracelets as well. I wish CW would offer bracelet options for any watch. I would be interested, actually more than that, I would definitely purchase an extra bracelet of a different style if one were made specific to my 700. I'm actually interested in the old style bracelet I've seen in the Cat. I assume it has been permanently phased out unless one actually remains in stock. Are there any? Would it even fit the 700. That would be pushing my luck.

If you like the old bracelet , it may be worth contacting Wera to see if there are any old C7 bracelets about. Ask her if the shoulders will conform to the C70 case. My guess is yes.

If you can wait a few days I will try my C700 bracelet on a C7 for fit as don't have a C7 bracelet. That should answer the question.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
cholmes
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by cholmes »

So I had the same question about the C5 Malvern gold bracelet. Its not for sale on the website under straps so I figured its impossible. Now I have hope and will email Wera. Thanks guys!
PaulWB
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by PaulWB »

They are listed on the UK site.

The C5 gold bracelet.
http://www.christopherward.co.uk/straps ... c5gxg.html

Alternatively there is the tan leather with gold deployment
http://www.christopherward.co.uk/straps ... 5gxt2.html

EDIT
Also listed on US site - links below.

C5 Gold Bracelet
http://www.christopherward-usa.com/stra ... c5gxg.html

Leather/gold deployment
http://www.christopherward-usa.com/stra ... 5gxt2.html
C1, C2, C3, C5, C6, C8, C9, C11, W6, C7/C70, 2009 FLE, 2012 FLE Red, 2013 FLE, 2015 FLE, C9 JH2, C900 WT

cholmes
Guru
Guru

Post by cholmes »

:? Thank you thank you. Wera's away, so I appreciate this. Once again the forum comes through. :(

Woops. I just went to purchase that and it is for some reason (anyone know?) 18 mm and I need the 20 mm. For instance, this one http://www.christopherward.co.uk/c3rxr.html would work, but its red gold instead of yellow gold. Are there two different lug distance for the Malvern? I do wish the website was more consistent in identifying the lug distance for each watch.
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

C8 Vintage Strap

Post by ianblyth »

All C5s are 18mm.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
cholmes
Guru
Guru

Post by cholmes »

Thanks Jag, but unfortunately that is the rose gold one. This would be great if it were yellow. That's why I assumed the other was 20 mm as well, but it says 18.
PaulWB
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by PaulWB »

Here is the gold version on the US site

http://www.christopherward-usa.com/stra ... c3gxg.html

As Ian Blyth says, C5's are 18mm (the C3's are 20mm).

Hope the above link helps.

Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

Russ-Shettle wrote: Speaking of straps and bracelets as well. I wish CW would offer bracelet options for any watch. I would be interested, actually more than that, I would definitely purchase an extra bracelet of a different style if one were made specific to my 700. I'm actually interested in the old style bracelet I've seen in the Cat. I assume it has been permanently phased out unless one actually remains in stock. Are there any? Would it even fit the 700. That would be pushing my luck.

I have fitted the C700 bracelet to the C7 and it fits perfectly, as does the C7 strap on the C700. If you can find an old C7 bracelet it will work for you.

An email to customer service, or Wera (she is away until the next week), will give you an answer if any old bracelets remain in stock.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"