Discuss Christopher Ward watches
RockyRacoon
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Re: C8 Vintage Strap

Post by RockyRacoon »

Kip,

If it isn't too dumb a question, what type of tool did you use to switch the straps? I recently bought a C700 with a metal bracelet (and I think it is fantastic, by the way). But I think I'm gonna get a black leather strap for it too. Trouble is, I don't know the best tool to use to switch the straps over. :oops:
Andy

CW watches: C700 Grand Rapide / C8 Mk II U-2 Vintage / Constance Deco [square] - for the other half
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 147
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

RockyRacoon wrote:Kip,

If it isn't too dumb a question, what type of tool did you use to switch the straps? I recently bought a C700 with a metal bracelet (and I think it is fantastic, by the way). But I think I'm gonna get a black leather strap for it too. Trouble is, I don't know the best tool to use to switch the straps over. :oops:
Welcome to "The Asylum"!

Not a dumb question at all...rather than repeat...chek out this recent thread. You will find plenty of info here as well as a link to an old post describing my technique.

The tool is a Bergeon 6767 with a fine tip that I favor, but I have both size tips.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
RockyRacoon
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by RockyRacoon »

Many thanks Kip. Very helpful - I'll order the Bergeon 6767 and give it a go!
Andy

CW watches: C700 Grand Rapide / C8 Mk II U-2 Vintage / Constance Deco [square] - for the other half