C8 Pilot Vintage Edition!!!

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Bchamberlin

C8 Pilot Vintage Edition!!!

Post by Bchamberlin »

I want this watch so bad!!! I have a darn Victorinox for sale and as soon as it does Inwant to pre-order the C8!!! I'm running out of time. Please send all positive energy my way and wish me luck on a quick sale so I can order this thing before it's too late. Will be my first CW!!!
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Re: C8 Pilot Vintage Edition!!!

Post by Russ-Shettle »

Bchamberlin wrote:I want this watch so bad!!! I have a darn Victorinox for sale and as soon as it does Inwant to pre-order the C8!!! I'm running out of time. Please send all positive energy my way and wish me luck on a quick sale so I can order this thing before it's too late. Will be my first CW!!!
OK.... Order the C8 now on credit before it's too late and pay it off when you finally get the Victorinox sold. Does that help?
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Peteo »

Russ-Shettle wrote:
Bchamberlin wrote:I want this watch so bad!!! I have a darn Victorinox for sale and as soon as it does Inwant to pre-order the C8!!! I'm running out of time. Please send all positive energy my way and wish me luck on a quick sale so I can order this thing before it's too late. Will be my first CW!!!
OK.... Order the C8 now on credit before it's too late and pay it off when you finally get the Victorinox sold. Does that help?
Russ Shettle, enabler extraordinaire :clap: :lol: :clap:
Peteo
CWs: C70US #702, 2009FLE #34, C65 S. Compressor
Non-CWs: AL&S 1815 A. Calendar, BREMONT Solo, CASIO G-Shock, GRAND SEIKO SBGA415 & SBGJ251, OMEGA Speedmaster Racing, SINN EZM13 & 103AB, TOWSON WATCH CO. C20 Chrono, TUDOR Black Bay Blue
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Russ-Shettle »

Peteo wrote:
Russ-Shettle wrote:
Russ Shettle, enabler extraordinaire :clap: :lol: :clap:
Hey... when you got to have, you've got to have it.... or go stark raving "MAAAAD"! :grumble: And then what happens? You end up in the asylum with Kip feeding you through a tiny opening of a steel door to your padded room until you come to your senses. Surely, this can all be so avoided by a simple click of the mouse! :computer:
Bchamberlin

Post by Bchamberlin »

Is it really a limited watch? So if you don't preorder you just won't get it?
PaulWB
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 62

Post by PaulWB »

I think the first batch sold fairly quickly - no idea of how many CWL are going to make.

I had a bought for me as a Christmas present - highly recommend the watch.

As Russ-Shettle says - order it now and you pay when the watch is ready to despatch :D
C1, C2, C3, C5, C6, C8, C9, C11, W6, C7/C70, 2009 FLE, 2012 FLE Red, 2013 FLE, 2015 FLE, C9 JH2, C900 WT

Member CWL Double Figures Club
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Russ-Shettle »

PaulWB wrote:I think the first batch sold fairly quickly - no idea of how many CWL are going to make.

I had a bought for me as a Christmas present - highly recommend the watch.

As Russ-Shettle says - order it now and you pay when the watch is ready to despatch :D
Haven't we all been there once? I waited for the price to come down on a vintage Zodiac Seawolf and lost it to another buyer. Now that will really put you in the asylum. Loosing is much worse than hesitation. A few electric shock treatments got me back to reality but lately I've started dreaming again.
Phil0886
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Phil0886 »

by Bchamberlin » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:06 am

Would be interested to know the answer to this, the sales pitch on the site doesn't mention anything about it being a limited run which it does for certain other models that don't specifically state Limited Edition - C9 JH, C70 COSC, C50 COSC for example... :problem:
CW: C60 FLE Blue #009
Non-CW: Panerai PAM 312, Grand Seiko SBGM027, Omega AT, Omega PO, Heuer Monza, Nomos Zurich Blaugold, Monta Oceanking gen 1, Maurice Lacroix Pontos S, Steinhart Ocean 39 Green, Evant Tropic 39, San Martin 62MAS
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Russ-Shettle »

Phil0886 wrote:
by Bchamberlin » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:06 am

Would be interested to know the answer to this, the sales pitch on the site doesn't mention anything about it being a limited run which it does for certain other models that don't specifically state Limited Edition - C9 JH, C70 COSC, C50 COSC for example... :problem:
Where's Kip, oh yea, stuffing some newbee in a cage full of tantalizing watch pictures. Orientation to the Asylum, you see. Anyway, I know Kip can answer your question. Keep checking back or send him a private email.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 147
LE-one: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Neither the C8 Vintage Edition or the C8 Vintage Edition U-2 are limited production models. They are part of the regular line. :clap:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Grommit
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 2

Post by Grommit »

Highly recommend this watch. Wanted it from the first time I saw it, and it gets as many comments as other more expensive watches. :thumbup:
C15 Henley
C8 Vintage
Bulova Precisionist Claremont
Omega Seamaster Professional
Omega Planet Ocean

Want - C8 Mk1 black & tan, C70 DBR1

"....or wonder 'til it drives you mad, what would have followed if you had."
Drmarkf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Drmarkf »

'End February' is upon us - who's U-2's going to land first???
Regards,
Mark

Rolex [4] : Omega [2] : Heuer [3] : Sinn : Nomos : Zeno : Steinhart : Citizen : Traser : Casio : Smiths/PRS
AndyKH
Senior
Senior

Post by AndyKH »

Just find a way, I bought a C9 in January part paid for by Christmas gifts, then I spotted the DBR1. I just had to have it. I Looked at it everyday, then I noticed the only ones left were the COSC versions and they were even more limited than the none COSC version. I decided to quit smoking to justify buying it. It arrived on Tuesday and it hasn't been off my wrist since. I bloody love it.

Sooooo to summarise, make an excuse, any excuse and buy it. You'll kick yourself if you miss out.
Currently proud owner of a 'Pepsi' seiko divers, a C9 (for sale in the sales corner) A C60 GMT with orange bezel, with Bracelet, black and orange and the latest orange straps and my late grandfathers citizen chrono.

More to come..........
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 3

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Yep, the DBR1 is gorgeous and for me, the pick of the GP series. Be careful of the bezel, though, they do chip quite easily - mine has one tiny dink even though I'm very careful with it. I just love playing with the chronograph and watching the fly-back - never tire of it!
Oh, and it's a hell of a good movement - my non-COSC is phenomenally accurate. I check both it and my quartz Seamaster once a month, then use them as master timekeepers to set the mechanicals.
Enjoy! 8)
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; wannabe travel writer

Walk a while in others' shoes...

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time
AndyKH
Senior
Senior

Post by AndyKH »

I'm exactly the same, I keep setting the timer just so I can reset it. There are three c70s on eBay at the minute, a brook lands, a dbr1 and a GP corsa. Oh how I'd love the corsa and brook lands.
Currently proud owner of a 'Pepsi' seiko divers, a C9 (for sale in the sales corner) A C60 GMT with orange bezel, with Bracelet, black and orange and the latest orange straps and my late grandfathers citizen chrono.

More to come..........