C8 pilot/small wrist

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
bwarrr

C8 pilot/small wrist

Post by bwarrr »

Searched the forum for the answer to this question but...couldn't find anything!
I'm very close to purchasing my first CW watch...a Pilot C8 MKII. My only concern is that I have a 6.5 inch wrist and 44mm might be a bit large for me. Does anyone else have the pilot and a small wrist like me? I'd love to hear a few opinions!! Thanks in advance!!
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: C8 pilot/small wrist

Post by Tyke »

bwarrr wrote:Searched the forum for the answer to this question but...couldn't find anything!
I'm very close to purchasing my first CW watch...a Pilot C8 MKII. My only concern is that I have a 6.5 inch wrist and 44mm might be a bit large for me. Does anyone else have the pilot and a small wrist like me? I'd love to hear a few opinions!! Thanks in advance!!

I had a C80 (same case as C8) and have a slightly larger wrist than that & it was just okay but it always felt much bigger than some of my other 40mm cases, so I'd say only get it if you like big watches. Otherwise, why not consider the C5 aviators - similar style but a bit more manageable at 38mm, or you could even get the C5 BoB limited edition which are really nice.

Good luck with whatever you get. :thumbup:
Mr Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 17

Post by Mr Rick »

Here is mine on a 7 inch wrist.

And my C5 for comparison.

Rick

Various vintage Heuers
CW C8 Pilot MK I and II, 2011 and 13 FLEs, C5 B of B and Malvern Aviator MK II, C11 MSL MK I, C70 DBR1, C60 and C60 GMT, C9 Harrison, C9 Chrono, C10 Aviator
28800bph
"Asylum Knight of the Diver"
CW-watches: 1

Post by 28800bph »

Here's my C8 on 6.75" wrist:
_DSC5504 by jp28800, on Flickr
watchlover1
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by watchlover1 »

My wrist is about 6.5 inches or close.IMO anything around 42+ is too big but it depends on the individual.If you enjoy wearing larger watches then it doesnt matter. I have worn a 43mm watch previously but felt it was too big. I think if the case is not too deep and chunky then maybe it isnt such an issue. Either way, the C8 is very nice.
Citizen,Tag Heuer,Oris,Victorinox Swiss Army,Casio,G-Shock,Fossil, Guess
jack
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jack »

To be honest the only thing that has stopped be getting the Vintage version is the size, it's a lovely watch. My limit is 42mm, this is self inflicted, I just don't like watches that are any bigger than that for actual wearing no matter how pleasing the design.

On the other hand, I remember that before I got my first 42mm, I thought that was huge and agonised for weeks about buying it. Then once I got it, although I loved the watch, I still felt a bit strange wearing it because it seemed so much bigger than my next nearest at 40mm. However, after a couple of months I was fine with it and never looked back. Going up a couple of mm opened up many more watches to me looking back on it now.. :wink:

Cheers,
Jack.
Beastmaster
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 9

Post by Beastmaster »

it is not the watch size that will be the problem it will be the strap. For some reason the strap is huge and will not size down small enough to fit you without extra holes being made. Switch the strap to one that is the correct size for you and this watch will look fine.

I love the C8 but I wont buy jeans if they aren't in the right leg length and so why should I buy a 400 pound watch if doesn't fit straight out of the box. Putting an extra hole in the strap is not the real answer as it makes the wrap over bit too big.

A Hamilton 46mm big pilot fits me out of the box so why wont one of these?
C6 yellow Kingfisher, C5 black Malvern Aviator Ltd Edition, C70 DBR1, C70 IT, C60 Trident 2012 FLE Scooter, C70 MC, C70 Cunningham
mabotham
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-two: yes

Post by mabotham »

My wrists just measures under 6.5".
By comparison I wear a c600 daily for work and even on the smallest hole it is loose. At first it looked huge; but now unless I switch to my c5 [which looks tiny by comparison!], it suits me perfectly. I have been wearing it almost daily since Aug '10.
The simplest answer is you wont know until you try it.
I returned my fle 2011 c9 as it wore far too big - Im sure someone here (as Im too impatient to look) can say what size the c600 is compared to the c9 [to me it seemed a large difference although it is only probably 2 mm)...

I think you'll be fine. :)
bwarrr

Post by bwarrr »

Beastmaster wrote:it is not the watch size that will be the problem it will be the strap. For some reason the strap is huge and will not size down small enough to fit you without extra holes being made. Switch the strap to one that is the correct size for you and this watch will look fine.

I love the C8 but I wont buy jeans if they aren't in the right leg length and so why should I buy a 400 pound watch if doesn't fit straight out of the box. Putting an extra hole in the strap is not the real answer as it makes the wrap over bit too big.

A Hamilton 46mm big pilot fits me out of the box so why wont one of these?
Think I am going to give the C8 a shot (and just return it if it's too large) With respect to the strap....won't CW alter the band to fit my 6.5 inch wrist if I ask them to when ordering? It was my understanding that they'll even punch holes if necessary for a small fee...
leelee
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 1

Post by leelee »

jack wrote:To be honest the only thing that has stopped be getting the Vintage version is the size, it's a lovely watch. My limit is 42mm, this is self inflicted, I just don't like watches that are any bigger than that for actual wearing no matter how pleasing the design.

On the other hand, I remember that before I got my first 42mm, I thought that was huge and agonised for weeks about buying it. Then once I got it, although I loved the watch, I still felt a bit strange wearing it because it seemed so much bigger than my next nearest at 40mm. However, after a couple of months I was fine with it and never looked back. Going up a couple of mm opened up many more watches to me looking back on it now.. :wink:

Cheers,
Jack.
Hi i have a c8 mk1 cream face and also the mk2 vintage, the vintage one seems smaller to look at than the mk1 may be because its a black face???? and the strap is a little tighter, but i have a 7.25 wrist and they are both on the smallest setting on the strap.......but i do love these watches.

cheers lee
omegaman3

Post by omegaman3 »

I have a 7" wrist and ordered a cream face C8, I just had to try it but I felt it was just too big for me so returned it and got a cream faced C5 Aviator, this is by far the best looking watch I now own. It is 38mm but wears mugh bigger due to the big face and simple layout. With regard to the strap size, CW will punch extra holes for free, I had the vintage strap and used the hole 3rd from the end !