C7 Rapide strap question

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
quietman
CW-watches: 1

C7 Rapide strap question

Post by quietman »

I'm seriously considering the C7 with the steel snracelet. Would the 22mm black leather strap in the clearance section fit? I'm thinking it might be nice to swap back and fore, it should be a very different looking watch with each strap/bracelet.
C30 Malver Chrono. Ltd Ed.
C7 Rapide Mk 2
tonyhg
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Re: C7 Rapide strap question

Post by tonyhg »

Hi quietman. I have the mk1 c7 rapide, which I assume has the same size case. I ordered the blue version of the strap in the sale and it fits fine. Quite a tight fit, but once on its snug and comfortable.
C7 Mk1 Rapide Chrono; C60 Trident IRR; C70 BRG-LE; C60 Trident BRG; Longines Hydroconquest Auto; Oris Artelier Date; Hamilton 4992B Vintage US WWII Pocket Watch; Golana AD100.2; Orient Ray
quietman
CW-watches: 1

Post by quietman »

Thanks for the reply. Does the watch look much different with each strap/bracelet?
C30 Malver Chrono. Ltd Ed.
C7 Rapide Mk 2
PaulWB
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 62
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by PaulWB »

If you use the search for C7 and look at the results, you will get a strap that fits the shoulders of the watch (as there is a difference between the C60 and C7 case).

The alternative is to buy a strap that has straight ends.
C1, C2, C3, C5, C6, C8, C9, C11, W6, C7/C70, 2009 FLE, 2012 FLE Red, 2013 FLE, 2015 FLE, C9 JH2, C900 WT

Member CWL Double Figures Club
tonyhg
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by tonyhg »

quietman wrote:Thanks for the reply. Does the watch look much different with each strap/bracelet?
Yes, they look quite different, but both still look good. I also managed to snag a 'straight ended' HRDC black leather strap with red accents as well and the watch looks good on all 3 different straps. If you are going to buy a shaped strap make sure you buy a C7 one and not a C60 shaped one. I believe people say that the C60's do fit, but it will not be easy when it comes to changing them out.
Cheers
C7 Mk1 Rapide Chrono; C60 Trident IRR; C70 BRG-LE; C60 Trident BRG; Longines Hydroconquest Auto; Oris Artelier Date; Hamilton 4992B Vintage US WWII Pocket Watch; Golana AD100.2; Orient Ray