C7 Rapide MKII Chronograph issues

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
acho92

C7 Rapide MKII Chronograph issues

Post by acho92 »

Hi guys,

It saddens me that the first post I make is one asking for advice on my relatively new (arrived in 2nd week of January, relative wrist time) watches' chronograph.
Today, I tried using the chronograph function of the MKII and noticed that for the first 30 seconds, the second and 10th hands will operate normally but after the 30 second mark, the 10th hand will stop at the 0 position (12hr position on C7) while the second hand keeps ticking and the minute hand also updates. If I pause the chronograph function, the 10th hand will move to a random position only to return to the 0 position when I restart it. All hands reset to 0 position when I reset the chronograph.

So my question is, does anyone know why this may be happening? Any possible fixes apart from sending it back?
Thanks for any help!
Andy.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Re: C7 Rapide MKII Chronograph issues

Post by Kip »

Welcome to "The Asylum"!

What you are describing is the normal operation of the chronograph for the C7. The tenths hand does indeed stop running after 30 seconds as a power saving measure. After hitting the stop button, the tenths hand jumps to tenths of a second counted. It is not a random position.

No fixes are required.....enjoy your watch.

Now have a look around the forum, stop by the Member Introduction area and join in.

Important reading for new members. :)

An Open Post to New Christopher Ward Forum Members

For All Forum Members - Who The Hell Are We?

Warning!

How to post photos
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
acho92

Re: C7 Rapide MKII Chronograph issues

Post by acho92 »

Hmm, I could've sworn that it used to continuously move.
If this is the case, I'm embarrassed :oops: