missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 5

Re: C65 Dune

Post by missF »

I usually have launch around midday....
:escape:

As for Dune time I haven’t heard anything. I’m sure that anyone on the forum who spots it will flag it up here - I’d keep checking in :thumbup:
These users thanked the author missF for the post (total 4):
Bahnstormer_vRSThunder1widge34JasperCat
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

Some outlets have gone early, and already Google indexed. I'm sadly underwhelmed!
These users thanked the author jtc for the post:
widge34
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Halios | Oris
OllyW
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 4

Post by OllyW »

The prices are a bit mixed up on the GMT options, the canvas webbing straps are more expensive than the bracelet. :shock:
C65 Dune Error.JPG
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

So once again, my post, which was a screenshot of the actual CW website has been deleted (and yet again, no message from the mods). I give up.

You can literally go onto the CW site and buy these watches, but apparently the forum mods don't want you knowing that?
These users thanked the author ctafield for the post (total 3):
sproughtonrc51ownersapsja
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by stefs »

ctafield wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:42 am So once again, my post, which was a screenshot of the actual CW website has been deleted (and yet again, no message from the mods). I give up.

You can literally go onto the CW site and buy these watches, but apparently the forum mods don't want you knowing that?
If this is the case then this is getting plain daft. The watches are up for sale on the website!
These users thanked the author stefs for the post (total 2):
OllyWsproughton
Cheers now, Paul
Garmin, Breitling aerospace evo, Zenith Chronomaster Sport, IWC xvi and good old CW
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

ctafield wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:42 am So once again, my post, which was a screenshot of the actual CW website has been deleted (and yet again, no message from the mods). I give up.

the difference between sheep and wolves.
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by StrappedUp »

The applied logo is absolutely spot on. All these little touches/updates from CW are adding up to a much more luxurious look and feel.
They appear to be listening more than ever.

By my definition, this isn't a field watch, but as an all-round daily watch, it is up there. Like it.
Ryan
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 5

Post by missF »

The 38mm case is just a winner for watches like these
I also totally rate the applied logo.

For me, I love the white sand auto on canvas. Such a perfect day to day watch. So classy! Everything I wanted from CW - is here. More muted palette, texture, white dial but not *quite* white :thumbup:

The GMT? Deserves to be the star. CW doing CW and finding different ways of doing things. A GMT field watch . Internal bezel. I’m not overly fussed about owning a GMT. But I think a lot of people will stop to take a look at this one.

Bronze COSC? It could be the (patinaed) bling I’m looking for- in blue or green.

I thought I knew exactly what I was going to do with my money when this went live this morning. But I need to think a bit more about all these options! :D
These users thanked the author missF for the post:
tikkathree
iain
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by iain »

I’ve had a look at these on the website and I can’t work out the case details.

Dial and hands aside, are these pretty much the same case design as the Sealander but with a different crown and crystal? Im aware these are 38mm compared to 36/39mm but the overall shape looks remarkably similar in the photos on the website. At least to my eyes.
“Watch Enabling Parenting Genius”
Dickchins, March 22
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by sproughton »

The Aquitaine wasn't for me so no surprises an Aquitaine without a bezel wouldn't be either. I imagine they'll have no shortage of takers though.

This made me laugh/die a little inside, classic nonsense:
SmartSelect_20230126_101056_Chrome.jpg
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrappedUp »

iain wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:09 am I’ve had a look at these on the website and I can’t work out the case details.

Dial and hands aside, are these pretty much the same case design as the Sealander but with a different crown and crystal? Im aware these are 38mm compared to 36/39mm but the overall shape looks remarkably similar in the photos on the website. At least to my eyes.
It's essentially a Sandhurst with the Aquitaine dial. :thumbup:
These users thanked the author StrappedUp for the post:
iain
Ryan
OllyW
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by OllyW »

iain wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:09 am I’ve had a look at these on the website and I can’t work out the case details.

The cases are from the Mk2 Sandhurst and Cranwell series.
These users thanked the author OllyW for the post:
iain
Didier.O
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Didier.O »

Amazing applied logo, and the blue on bracelet is very nice, so is that blue version of the bronze COSC.

Unfortunately, and I know Im in the minority on this, I just wished there were another movement in it. Perhaps I've grown to appreciate other things in watches than just design and strict value for money (CW is doing a good job on this, no question), but I think at this point I'm going to wait until either Sellita up their game, or CW rework their SH21 movement to fit it in a smaller offering.
These users thanked the author Didier.O for the post:
rc51owner
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

Didier.O wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:29 am or CW reworks their SH21 movement to fit it in a smaller offering.
Im pretty sure they have been trying but unfortunately failing at this for years, its just too chunky
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.