C63 Sealander Automatic in white: dear owners a question

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

C63 Sealander Automatic in white: dear owners a question

Post by tikkathree »

Here's my question to those of you presently owning the white non-GMT C63 Sealander automatic:

would you keep your C63 over the new equivalent white dial Trident 300 or would you change over?

And why?

Thanks in advance
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
Some other brands
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: C63 Sealander Automatic in white: dear owners a question

Post by golfjunky »

Morning, do you want the money side of it taken into consideration or just the aesthetic's
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Bretling Aerospace Evo, Vinatge Azur, Vintage dressy Seiko & SBGX059
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Yes, I’ll be keeping my white Sealander, largely because I don’t want any more divers. That said, the black bezel on the Trident 300 makes enough of a difference to keep them distinct models.

The bigger overlap for me is with my C65 Anthropocene, where the main differences are the GMT and handset. Other than that, the similarities are strong
thomcat00
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by thomcat00 »

The new 300 is very appealing. I’m weighing letting go of my Pro 600, rather than my Sealander. I’ve long felt the C60 600 was a touch tall. Yes, I’m long used to it but it does not get as much wear as my C65. In my deliberations I also appreciate it was almost a year after release that I finally picked up a C63. Perhaps I’ll buy a 300 after the newness of the C63 wears off. I don’t have a compelling reason to buy the new watch; it is quite nice what CW has put into it.
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by tikkathree »

golfjunky wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:57 am Morning, do you want the money side of it taken into consideration or just the aesthetic's
Fair point but if we can stick with the aesthetics I can worry about the money side if and when I need to. :thumbup:
Kansas City Milkman wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:59 am Yes, I’ll be keeping my white Sealander, largely because I don’t want any more divers. That said, the black bezel on the Trident 300 makes enough of a difference to keep them distinct models.

The bigger overlap for me is with my C65 Anthropocene, where the main differences are the GMT and handset. Other than that, the similarities are strong
Thanks for that. I've got "Anthropocene conflict" which I can deal with by looking at the Sealander and Trident 300 in non-GMT and then it's a question of one bezel against the other.
thomcat00 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:18 pm The new 300 is very appealing. I’m weighing letting go of my Pro 600, rather than my Sealander. I’ve long felt the C60 600 was a touch tall. Yes, I’m long used to it but it does not get as much wear as my C65. In my deliberations I also appreciate it was almost a year after release that I finally picked up a C63. Perhaps I’ll buy a 300 after the newness of the C63 wears off. I don’t have a compelling reason to buy the new watch; it is quite nice what CW has put into it.
Thanks for your inputs too. I'm testing out how I feel about the idea that the Trident 300 is a refinement over the older Tridents but I'm a long way from certainty. Early days for me.
These users thanked the author tikkathree for the post:
thomcat00
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
Some other brands
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by tikkathree »

I know how I feel about the C600 Chrono, let's see ( before trying the C60 Pro 300) how I feel about the C63 auto in white. Will it be an AT substitute for me?
20220902_130951.jpg
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
Some other brands
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by tikkathree »

And, after two days of continuous C63 Sealander white dial wearing sliding back into the Atoll this morning and the Anthropocene LE this afternoon, the white Sealander isn't a keeper for me. :thumbdown:

I'm going to stick my neck out and volunteer that, very probably, the C60 Trident Pro 300 isn't going to compete with the Anthropocene either.

Ah well, let's create an ad for the C63 Sealander, pop the money back under the bed and wait until the next new CW comes along. :thumbup:
These users thanked the author tikkathree for the post:
thomcat00
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
Some other brands