Discuss Christopher Ward watches
mjsucks66
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

C61 Trident - Strap

Post by mjsucks66 »

Hi all,
I've been deliberating between the C60/C61 for a while now, but after trying on a friends C60, have decided to go for the C61. Just wondered if anyone had heard whether or not a rubber strap will be available anytime soon.. If there are plans I could hold off for a bit..(problem is, patience is not one of my virtues :? )
Marc
C61 Owners Club

Trident C61

Wifey:
Emily-Pearl Bracelet
Kings
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Re: C61 Trident - Strap

Post by Kings »

If you don't mind me asking; why not get it on the steel bracelet? It's a lot easier buying a rubber strap (maybe an ISOfrane) later on and starting with the steel bracelet than vice versa.
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

The advantage of buying it with a bracelet is that it fit to the shape of the case and is always easier to sell on if you decide to sell the watch later. There are literally hundreds of suppliers of rubber/silicone straps, NATO and leather leather straps you can buy for a 20mm lug width watch. Changing the bracelet/strap is a good way to change the look of the watch. I have my C60 on a shark mesh bracelet at the moment but it has been on leather and NATO.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
robinbarke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by robinbarke »

mjsucks66 wrote:Hi all,
I've been deliberating between the C60/C61 for a while now, but after trying on a friends C60, have decided to go for the C61. Just wondered if anyone had heard whether or not a rubber strap will be available anytime soon.. If there are plans I could hold off for a bit..(problem is, patience is not one of my virtues :? )
I wonder if you have noticed that all Women's watches are reduced by circa 20% and this includes the W61 which apart from the strap is identical to the C61. If you are changing the strap anyway you have nothing to lose!

Robin
C9GMT C8 Mk 1 C5 Malvern 2011 C9FLE C50 Malvern COSC C60 FLE2012 2013FLE
Oris Big Crown, Hublot, Rolex Datejust, Nomos Tangomat.

See my book, Aynho Junction, in the News section of http://www.robinbarkerphotography.com
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

robinbarke wrote:
mjsucks66 wrote:Hi all,
I wonder if you have noticed that all Women's watches are reduced by circa 20% and this includes the W61 which apart from the strap is identical to the C61. If you are changing the strap anyway you have nothing to lose!

Robin
Robin...great suggestion and classy gesture for the OP. Well played.

OP - Look at the Hirsch Pure rubber straps from watchobsession as well. They are fantastic.
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
mjsucks66
Senior
Senior

Post by mjsucks66 »

Good stuff...Thanks for the comments guys.
Marc
C61 Owners Club

Trident C61

Wifey:
Emily-Pearl Bracelet
chester
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 7

Post by chester »

Your best solution might be to get a W61 on a bracelet then you can change the strap as planned.
mjsucks66
Senior
Senior

Post by mjsucks66 »

Kings wrote:If you don't mind me asking; why not get it on the steel bracelet? It's a lot easier buying a rubber strap (maybe an ISOfrane) later on and starting with the steel bracelet than vice versa.

Order placed :thumbup: A C61 Black Bezel w/Bracelet should be winging its way to me during the week. Happy days :D
Marc
C61 Owners Club

Trident C61

Wifey:
Emily-Pearl Bracelet