C61 Power Reserve Problem?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
blurbz
Senior
Senior

C61 Power Reserve Problem?

Post by blurbz »

So far I've been extremely happy with my new C61 but yesterday I took the watch off at around 3 in the afternoon and it stopped at around 10:30 this morning. That's only 17 hours..I had to re-wind and re-set the watch a few minutes ago. I'm not impressed...is this a normal problem? I thought the watch had a 38 hour reserve?
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Re: C61 Power Reserve Problem?

Post by ianblyth »

It depends on whether it was fully wound when you took it off. I have a watch with a Power Reserve indicator and when out and about it gets up to full power in a few hours. Yet when I am at work mainly working in a computer the indicator is about the same as when I started work. So it just makes enough movement to keep it topped up.

The way to test it is to fully wind it (about 40 turns) and leave it to run and see how long it lasts.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
Remus
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Re: C61 Power Reserve Problem?

Post by Remus »

Absolutely agree with Ianblythe. Sitting at my desk is great for just keeping the juice stored. Try a full wind for a couple of occasions and see how you get on. The movements in the c60 be they the ETA or Selita are industry work horses and very dependably by their nature for accuracy and longevity. I'd be surprised if there was a problem with it, though it's not impossible if course, if there is get in touch straight away with customer service and they will get you a remedy :-)
Remus