C60 trident, metal bracelet. QUESTION

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
User avatar
peatnick
Junior
Junior
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:31 pm
CW-watches: 1
Location: Suburban NYC

Re: C60 trident, metal bracelet. QUESTION

Post by peatnick »

ianblyth wrote:
Russ-Shettle wrote:I have to say; I do like the old bracelet. Not sure I like it better but I do like it and I wish it could be an optional choice rather than it be gone for good. I like the the old bracelet doesn't taper so much if at all. I would buy the the old bracelet for my 700 if I could but I doub't it now.
I thing the old bracelet really suits the C7, is OK on the C4 and is too weedy on the C40. The old C6 bracelet did not suit the C60 Trident as it was bead-blasted and the watch was not. The fact that they are getting rid of the old bracelets suggests that there will not be any bead blasted watches any more. The C6's were sold off in the sale and that just leaves the yellow C60 as the last of its kind (and I am surprised it is still around as only 200 were made). So it looks like the Kingfisher is no more. :( I thought that they should keep both bracelets. Choice is good. :thumbup:
blissysmiles wrote:With the difference in price between the C60 & the GMT version are there any other benefits aside from not having to adjust the time when on holiday?
It is just a different movement to give the GMT extra hand and a different bezel to read the 24 hours for the GMT hand. The case is identical. But there are different designs and colour schemes. Although I have GMT watches I rarely use them as I find it easy to work out the time difference in my head. And when I do use it I change the main dial to local time and put the GMT hand to UK time.

The old bracelet did quite fit the C7, not sure if the new bracelet was more suited to C60 and now will never know as I've shifted mine...
User avatar
skimrok
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1207
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:53 pm
CW-watches: 4
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
Location: Folkestone Kent UK

Re: C60 trident, metal bracelet. QUESTION

Post by skimrok »

Kip wrote:The new bracelet (right and bottom) in the photos below does not come across very well on the website photos.

As far as I know, the new bracelet is now shipping with all C60 bracelet orders. An email to Customer service will confirm prior to your order.

Image

Image
Kip thanks for the pics here because this really does show the old and current bracelets well,this is something I didnt even know about till today in another post, all the best from me ;)
Steve

C9 Blue LE /C60 Black
Also other various brands in my collection
User avatar
IRBilldozer
Senior
Senior
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:55 am
CW-watches: 2
Location: Cleveland, OH

Re: C60 trident, metal bracelet. QUESTION

Post by IRBilldozer »

Glad I found this thread otherwise I wouldn't have know there was an "old" style. I quite like the look of the old one and enjoy butterfly clasps. I shot Wera an email yesterday and she was able to find me a "nearly new" of the old style bracelet. Received an email this morning letting me know it went to the post today. Can't wait for it to get here!
The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is.
~ C.S. Lewis
1watchaholic
Senior
Senior
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 6:24 pm
CW-watches: 2
Location: Los Angeles, CA. USA

Re: C60 trident, metal bracelet. QUESTION

Post by 1watchaholic »

I just purchased a C60 with both bracelets but I did not know which was the more current, but figured it'd be the one with the diving clasp. I'll probably unload the other once my watch arrives with the two.
Among Addictions...None is like the "Watchaholic" - Gary
DCDre
Junior
Junior
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:01 pm
CW-watches: 0
Location: Washington DC Area, USA

Re: C60 trident, metal bracelet. QUESTION

Post by DCDre »

IRBilldozer wrote:Glad I found this thread otherwise I wouldn't have know there was an "old" style. I quite like the look of the old one and enjoy butterfly clasps. I shot Wera an email yesterday and she was able to find me a "nearly new" of the old style bracelet. Received an email this morning letting me know it went to the post today. Can't wait for it to get here!
Did she indicate there's more available? My c60 is still inbound, so I haven't held / looked at the new style bracelet. Though from the pics one I do like how the old style one looks, prefer the mostly brushed look.
User avatar
IRBilldozer
Senior
Senior
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:55 am
CW-watches: 2
Location: Cleveland, OH

Re: C60 trident, metal bracelet. QUESTION

Post by IRBilldozer »

DCDre wrote:
Did she indicate there's more available? My c60 is still inbound, so I haven't held / looked at the new style bracelet. Though from the pics one I do like how the old style one looks, prefer the mostly brushed look.

Here was her response when I initially emailed her:
Hi William

I do not have NEW bracelets… but I do have the old style bracelet available as Nearly New,. Some minor marks on them.

Price would be £85,- less 30% for NN + shipping.

Let me know if this is of interest.

Rgds

Wera
The fact that she said "on them" indicates that there may have been more than one available. Final price I paid was 64.45 GBP shipped to the US.
The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is.
~ C.S. Lewis
User avatar
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
Posts: 33254
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:45 pm
CW-watches: 147
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: C60 trident, metal bracelet. QUESTION

Post by Kip »

The old bracelet is bead blasted and the small links polished. The new bracelet is a brushed finish with the center links polished.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"


Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
User avatar
FunkyJunk
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:13 pm
CW-watches: 1

Re: C60 trident, metal bracelet. QUESTION

Post by FunkyJunk »

It should be noted that the C40 also ships with the "new" bracelet, even though the last time I checked, the photos on the website showed the old one. It was a bit of a disappointment, as I prefer the old style. I think they really ought to take new photos for the website when they change a significant specification such as this.
CWL C40 Speedhawk
Seagull 1963
Seiko SKX007, SKX009, SNK809
DCDre
Junior
Junior
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:01 pm
CW-watches: 0
Location: Washington DC Area, USA

Re: C60 trident, metal bracelet. QUESTION

Post by DCDre »

IRBilldozer wrote:The fact that she said "on them" indicates that there may have been more than one available. Final price I paid was 64.45 GBP shipped to the US.
Very cool, thanks for that info. I'll have to see what it looks / feels like on the new bracelet to see if I want to spring for one of the old style ones. The other thought was to get a blue isofrane rubber strap. Think the blue C60 would look very sharp on one of those.
User avatar
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
Posts: 4468
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 8:16 pm
CW-watches: 2
Location: Canada

Re: C60 trident, metal bracelet. QUESTION

Post by Viognier »

IRBilldozer wrote:Glad I found this thread otherwise I wouldn't have know there was an "old" style. I quite like the look of the old one and enjoy butterfly clasps. I shot Wera an email yesterday and she was able to find me a "nearly new" of the old style bracelet. Received an email this morning letting me know it went to the post today. Can't wait for it to get here!
Agreed. I have three C60's and all on different looks:

C60 Red - Black Strap
C60 Blue - New Bracelet
C60 Pepsi GMT - Old Style C60 Bracelet as above in thread

My decison was to help differentiate my three C60's (beyond face and bezel colour) with varied strap/bracelet appearances.

Owning both C60 bracelets, my feedback is they are both very comfortable but I probaly have the best fit with the old C60.
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
User avatar
IRBilldozer
Senior
Senior
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:55 am
CW-watches: 2
Location: Cleveland, OH

Re: C60 trident, metal bracelet. QUESTION

Post by IRBilldozer »

DCDre wrote:
Very cool, thanks for that info. I'll have to see what it looks / feels like on the new bracelet to see if I want to spring for one of the old style ones. The other thought was to get a blue isofrane rubber strap. Think the blue C60 would look very sharp on one of those.
I totally agree about the Isofrane, definitely would look sharp. I may spring for one someday but I've never owned rubber and the price on Isofranes is hard to swallow for rubber though everyone claims they're worth every penny.
The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is.
~ C.S. Lewis
DCDre
Junior
Junior
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:01 pm
CW-watches: 0
Location: Washington DC Area, USA

Re: C60 trident, metal bracelet. QUESTION

Post by DCDre »

IRBilldozer wrote:I totally agree about the Isofrane, definitely would look sharp. I may spring for one someday but I've never owned rubber and the price on Isofranes is hard to swallow for rubber though everyone claims they're worth every penny.
Agree 100% regarding the price of the isofrane. I've been reading a fair bit about Bonetto Cinturini rubber straps, all good. Cheaper than the isofranes, but so far I haven't turned up one in blue. I do like rubber straps, they're very comfortable. They can get a bit warm in the summertime, but the venting on the isofrane should alleviate that. Still, the price of one of those rubber straps is near the cost of one of the old style bracelets. Decisions decisions.
L0thari0
Senior
Senior
Posts: 162
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:58 am

Re: C60 trident, metal bracelet. QUESTION

Post by L0thari0 »

IRBilldozer wrote:
DCDre wrote:
Did she indicate there's more available? My c60 is still inbound, so I haven't held / looked at the new style bracelet. Though from the pics one I do like how the old style one looks, prefer the mostly brushed look.

Here was her response when I initially emailed her:
Hi William

I do not have NEW bracelets… but I do have the old style bracelet available as Nearly New,. Some minor marks on them.

Price would be £85,- less 30% for NN + shipping.

Let me know if this is of interest.

Rgds

Wera
The fact that she said "on them" indicates that there may have been more than one available. Final price I paid was 64.45 GBP shipped to the US.
Thanks for that info. Email now send to Wera. :-)
User avatar
IRBilldozer
Senior
Senior
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:55 am
CW-watches: 2
Location: Cleveland, OH

Re: C60 trident, metal bracelet. QUESTION

Post by IRBilldozer »

Received my old style bracelet today and I'm really pleased. Maybe someday I might order the new one to see what it's like but I think I made the right choice for now. If nothing else it's a fairly unique blue C60.
Image
The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is.
~ C.S. Lewis
Samdwich
Senior
Senior
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:30 pm

Re: C60 trident, metal bracelet. QUESTION

Post by Samdwich »

IRBilldozer wrote:Received my old style bracelet today and I'm really pleased. Maybe someday I might order the new one to see what it's like but I think I made the right choice for now. If nothing else it's a fairly unique blue C60.
Image

The old bracelet looks awesome! I think ill order one right now!
More pics will be appreciated!