C60 Trident Automatic or C60 GMT - please help?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Re: C60 Trident Automatic or C60 GMT - please help?

Post by ianblyth »

I think it comes down to how much you want to spend and what model you like best. If you like the colours/design of a GMT more than a plain auto then go for it. Otherwise the auto is a very nice looking watch.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
King_Corsica
CW-watches: 1

Post by King_Corsica »

Thanks again for all your replies - I'm still contemplating whether on not to go for GMT or Standard...arrgghhhhh!!!
Obviously I'd love the GMT but I'm not sure I want to sacrifice the extra £££ for it :S
julywest
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by julywest »

King_Corsica wrote:Thanks again for all your replies - I'm still contemplating whether on not to go for GMT or Standard...arrgghhhhh!!!
Obviously I'd love the GMT but I'm not sure I want to sacrifice the extra £££ for it :S
Ok since you still struggling :D
I have the C600 with sellita movement .. accurate as can be.. a friend of mine has the GMT and swears by that mvmt for accuracy etc... so

I would choose based on 2 criteria:
#1) will this be your one and only watch potentially? Are you the type person who gets 1 watch wears it forever and you are good to go or do you sell ones you don't care for and buy others or just buy multiples?

If you are a 1 watch guy, then get the GMT!

#2) Appearance
Forget all the mvmt stuff and other considerations like MONEY and go for the one that just appeals to you. Orange color for example or a red second hand.

ANd in any case get the new bracelet! do not settle for the silicon etc....

If you didn't notice, it is just like choosing a woman :-) ......
King_Corsica

Post by King_Corsica »

JAG wrote:May we ask what GMT you may be considering !
It's the C60 Trident Automatic GMT.
King_Corsica

Post by King_Corsica »

julywest wrote:
King_Corsica wrote:Thanks again for all your replies - I'm still contemplating whether on not to go for GMT or Standard...arrgghhhhh!!!
I have the C600 with sellita movement .. accurate as can be.. a friend of mine has the GMT and swears by that mvmt for accuracy etc... so

I would choose based on 2 criteria:
#1) will this be your one and only watch potentially? Are you the type person who gets 1 watch wears it forever and you are good to go or do you sell ones you don't care for and buy others or just buy multiples?

If you are a 1 watch guy, then get the GMT!

#2) Appearance
Forget all the mvmt stuff and other considerations like MONEY and go for the one that just appeals to you. Orange color for example or a red second hand.

ANd in any case get the new bracelet! do not settle for the silicon etc....

Yeah I had kind of noticed that actually, it's probably more complicated than a woman because it's on your wrist most of the time... :shock:

But to answer point 1. This is my 1st watch ever (other than my Dive watch/computer made by Suunto which I wear only for diving) and because of this I want to choose wisely, I won't be selling it but in time will certainly consider buying other nice watches. I'm not very knowledgable on watches but I am picking things up along the way!

To answer point 2. Both the watches are pretty much identical in terms of Black bezel with steel bracelet but my final decision would be based on GMT or non GMT. It seems wise to buy the GMT model as I do plan on keeping this watch for quite a long time and my worry is to regret not buying it as I become more educated on watches and more of an enthusiast!

(been very busy at work today and been staring at the website all day) :problem:
julywest
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by julywest »

King_Corsica wrote:
julywest wrote:

Yeah I had kind of noticed that actually, it's probably more complicated than a woman because it's on your wrist most of the time... :shock:

But to answer point 1. This is my 1st watch ever (other than my Dive watch/computer made by Suunto which I wear only for diving) and because of this I want to choose wisely, I won't be selling it but in time will certainly consider buying other nice watches. I'm not very knowledgable on watches but I am picking things up along the way!

To answer point 2. Both the watches are pretty much identical in terms of Black bezel with steel bracelet but my final decision would be based on GMT or non GMT. It seems wise to buy the GMT model as I do plan on keeping this watch for quite a long time and my worry is to regret not buying it as I become more educated on watches and more of an enthusiast!

(been very busy at work today and been staring at the website all day) :problem:
I should disclose I have been married 41 years :) not quite as faithful on the watches but Omega was mine exclusive for 20+ years.

BUY THE GMT! You seem like a good guy and I think you deserve it and if you need a little nudge consider it given :)
King_Corsica

Post by King_Corsica »

That's really nice of you - well thank you...
I've decided - The GMT it is :D I will keep you all posted with pics etc.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
King_Corsica

Post by King_Corsica »

King_Corsica wrote:That's really nice of you - well thank you...
I'm going to bite the bullet and spend the extra cash!!!!!!!!!!
julywest
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by julywest »

King_Corsica wrote:
U de man! Just make sure you get the new bracelet not the old one. Look forward to pics.
Aifo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-three: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Aifo »

King_Corsica wrote:
Hi there, welcome to the forum! Very glad to know that you've made the choice on the GMT C60. I am sure it will serve your purposes of both having a very decent watch and gradually becoming a watch enthusiast. Let us know which color you picked too (I know the general consensus would be orange) :D

Whenever I come across a friend or affiliate who is contemplating on acquiring a good quality time piece or getting into watch collecting (no idea why they consult from a newbie like me in the first place :) ), I always recommend the GMT complication, as I believe it's the most practical (unless you always time your egg boiling to the seconds then a chrono maybe....).

As you may have gathered already, members here are very helpful so shout whenever you are in doubt. We do love pics too!
Incoming: 0
King_Corsica

Post by King_Corsica »

Aifo wrote:
King_Corsica wrote:
Hi there, welcome to the forum! Very glad to know that you've made the choice on the GMT C60. I am sure it will serve your purposes of both having a very decent watch and gradually becoming a watch enthusiast. Let us know which color you picked too (I know the general consensus would be orange) :D

Whenever I come across a friend or affiliate who is contemplating on acquiring a good quality time piece or getting into watch collecting (no idea why they consult from a newbie like me in the first place :) ), I always recommend the GMT complication, as I believe it's the most practical (unless you always time your egg boiling to the seconds then a chrono maybe....).

As you may have gathered already, members here are very helpful so shout whenever you are in doubt. We do love pics too!
Hey thanks for the post and the welcome :D
I know some of you may consider my choice very bland or dull but I will be going for the Black Bezel with steel bracelet. I want to keep it relatively simple and it needs to go well with my suits/shirts at work so I want to begin my first ever watch purchase with a neutral colour - I will then venture into more exciting styles and colours on my future purchases!

Indeed - I have noticed the freindliness of everybody on the forum and everybody has been very helpful so a BIG thank you to everyone who replied and answered my questions! I will give you all a piece of the purchase with some nice shots with my DSLR :D

Thhannkkkkkkkk yoooouuuuuuu :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :lol: :lol: 8) 8)
triffidman
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by triffidman »

Hi there

If it helps your decision, I actually bought the C60 Trident GMT (SOKKO) because I loved the orange bezel, nothing to do with the GMT hand or functionality. If CW did the C60 Trident with this bezel, I would have saved myself £185 - but it was the LOOKS that made my decision for me, nothing else!

Have a look in the Refernce Gallery (http://www.christopherwardforum.com/vie ... =58&t=8543) at my photos of it - it is truly magnificent. It's at the bottom of page 1.

It certainly doesn't sound like you need the GMT functionality to me. Just don't regret saving yourself £185, if it is the looks of one of the the GMT models that really appeals to you - after all, having £185 extra in the bank isn't going to bring you as much pleasure as actually owning THE watch that you really really want.
C60 GMT (SOKKO)
C40 Chronograph

Laco Helsinki
Tissot T Touch Expert

Casio G-Shock Frogman
Casio G-Shock GPW-1000
King_Corsica

Post by King_Corsica »

triffidman wrote:Hi there

If it helps your decision, I actually bought the C60 Trident GMT (SOKKO) because I loved the orange bezel, nothing to do with the GMT hand or functionality. If CW did the C60 Trident with this bezel, I would have saved myself £185 - but it was the LOOKS that made my decision for me, nothing else!

Have a look in the Refernce Gallery (http://www.christopherwardforum.com/vie ... =58&t=8543) at my photos of it - it is truly magnificent. It's at the bottom of page 1.

It certainly doesn't sound like you need the GMT functionality to me. Just don't regret saving yourself £185, if it is the looks of one of the the GMT models that really appeals to you - after all, having £185 extra in the bank isn't going to bring you as much pleasure as actually owning THE watch that you really really want.
I love your C60 - with the Orange back - I really like that actually - it's very nice! I'm not normally a big fan of Orange but there's something about that which attracts me to it.
Thanks for the great reply and the good advice given, I will be choosing the GMT model for both the looks (extra RED hand) and the functionality. I'm sure this will be useful when I'm on my travels and don't want to change my home time everytime I go to another country! Plus in the near future or in a years time or something I don't want to regret not having bought the GMT model :D

Thanks again and awesome pics :D (will post pics up soon when the watch arrives :P).
ruthwall1
Senior
Senior

Post by ruthwall1 »

Great choice and can I congratulate you on your avatar makes an old man of 36 happy :clap:

Alan
IN Omega Seamaster 600 (60's). INCOMING Zenith (40's) deposit paid & on hold for collection 20/01/13.

OUTList is long with a few regrets
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

Shows how bad my eyes are getting.

I only had the bottom half of the avatar on screen and thought it was her top slipping down.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)