LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

C60 Straps

Post by Kip »

To clarify a misstatement I made a couple of weeks ago.

All CWL fitted straps for the original C60 Trident will not fit the new C60 Trident 300/600. The original bracelets will fit.

This is due to the step design change in the new case and the way it matches with original straps. The bracelet design is different and therefore matches up.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
absolutemustard
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Re: C60 Straps

Post by absolutemustard »

I don't wear the leather much, as I am not a fan of leather, but I do happen to be wearing it today. This one won't fit the new cases?

gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

Kip wrote:To clarify a misstatement I made a couple of weeks ago.

All CWL fitted straps for the original C60 Trident will not fit the new C60 Trident 300/600. The original bracelets will fit.

This is due to the step design change in the new case and the way it matches with original straps. The bracelet design is different and therefore matches up.
Well, I must admit that it was frequently pretty hard to get the original fitted straps to fit the original cases!

Seriously though Kip, that's surprising. If anything I would have expected the one that may not have fitted, would be the bracelet. So much so that I dug out a C60 leather strap, a C6 fitted rubber strap and a C6 bracelet (that I know from personal experience are all interchangeable between the C6 and C60; the rubber one was particularly painful to fit).

They all have a pronounced step, the rubber and steel are almost identical, but the leather strap is thinner than the other two, meaning that the step on the bottom (wrist side) of the strap is thinner than on the other two. The top side however is the same height or thickness, however you wish to term it, and the pin holes are in pretty much the same place on all three.

Looking at them, they look as though they should all fit, but the proof will be in the pudding in about 2 weeks when the C60 quartz that has just been shipped to me arrives down under...

I will report back.
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

If you work at hard enough you might get one on, but it is unlikely that it will be securely attached.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

That's a bugger as I have a couple of spare fitted leather straps...
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
duport21
Senior
Senior

Post by duport21 »

Aha as I thought!
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

Blimey! That is a surprise. Normally it is the bracelet that is a bugger to fix, with the straps being relatively benign!
gweilgi
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by gweilgi »

This thread actually raises a question for me that I've been wondering about (off and on) for a while now: why can't we buy watch-heads only?

I'm surely not alone in having a drawer full of watch bands ready to be swapped over -- NATO, leather, rubber, steel bracelets, milanaise bracelets, you name it. I'd be very happy to be able to purchase just the watch head and fit my own strap at my own cost. Is this too extreme a proposal?
proud C60 owner (grey)
triffidman
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by triffidman »

gweilgi wrote:This thread actually raises a question for me that I've been wondering about (off and on) for a while now: why can't we buy watch-heads only?
I totally agree this is a good idea, but (to me) it depends on how Chr.Ward want to be perceived in the market of either selling luxury goods, or bits and bobs of luxury goods. It would probably be a first in the watch industry to sell the heads on their own.

It's good for the consumer, but is it good for their brand image? I don't know the answer to that!
C60 GMT (SOKKO)
C40 Chronograph

Laco Helsinki
Tissot T Touch Expert

Casio G-Shock Frogman
Casio G-Shock GPW-1000