C60 Lympstone Logo?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Watchywatch

C60 Lympstone Logo?

Post by Watchywatch »

I understand CW use a couple of logos across the range lm a fan of the flag logo in fact the range moving to this logo is one of the reasons lm now considering buying one. The watch lm interested in getting is the C60 Lympstone. It’s been out for a couple of years now does anyone know if they will move this watch to the new flag logo, it’s currently has the full name branding?
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Re: C60 Lympstone Logo?

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Welcome. Do please visit the Member Introduction section and tell us about yourself. 8)

Sorry, I don’t really know the answer to your question but I assume someone else might have a better idea.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

That is a good question. It could be that they are just waiting to sell through current stock before the dial change. I think that the Lympstone was a slow burner. It could equally be that they are waiting to sell through and eventually replace it with something else. All of the MK1 watches transitioned to new models with a different esthetic earlier this year. So it is an open question for certain. I do have to say, my opinion only, that the word mark fits the esthetic of a military watch better than the TF logo, historically speaking.

I feel that the new crop of military watches don't look as good as the MK1 versions. Although the Cranwell MKII is growing on me.

Once you get 5 posts and are able to see the sales corner, I believe there is a Lympstone currently listed for sale at a good price. If the logo is putting you on the fence maybe a good price will tip the scales.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
Watchywatch

Post by Watchywatch »

Thanks and agree it’s been around for a while and think they will run it down/discontinue as opposed to rebadging with new logo, also agree that the name opposed to the logo is growing on me for the military inspired models. Be I interested in seeing the one that’s up in sales corner if l can pile in a few posts 😉
EnglishYeoman

Post by EnglishYeoman »

I think it’s only the Para & Marines watches that haven’t transitioned over to the flags logo. I like the flags logo better tbh apart from on the Cranwell and Dartmouth where to og watches still hold my preference. Just think in years to come, folk will all be clamouring for the older text badges ones lol. You’ll kick yourself for waiting until the rebadge came out!
These users thanked the author EnglishYeoman for the post:
Watchywatch
Didier.O
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Didier.O »

rkovars wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:41 pm Once you get 5 posts and are able to see the sales corner, I believe there is a Lympstone currently listed for sale at a good price. If the logo is putting you on the fence maybe a good price will tip the scales.
Yep, it's mine and it's still available :) (although someone recently DM'd me about it). Comes with 2 straps and all.