C60 Inspiration(s)?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
secrethouse92

C60 Inspiration(s)?

Post by secrethouse92 »

Hey everyone.
I've seen this touched on in other places. I don't feel it's off base to say that the venerable C60 appears to be a mixture of the defining characteristics of several famed divers of much older, established brands. Whether its inspiration, homage or copy is subject to debate. My question though regards the hour and minute hands. Those appear to come straight off of a Bremont diver. Does anyone find it strange that of the brands to give influence over the design of this watch CW would choose such a relatively new company to pull from? They did such a cool thing with the second hand trident that I really wish they could have done something else with the hour and minute hands. Thank God they avoided the Mercedes hour hand. They do have THAT going for them!
Thoughts? Feelings? INSPIRATIONS?

Thanks,
SH92
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Re: C60 "Inspiration(s)"?

Post by scooter »

secrethouse92 wrote:My question though regards the hour and minute hands. Those appear to come straight off of a Bremont diver.
A bit of a strange one this. Whilst similar they are not the same. The Bremont hands are full whereas the C60 hands have a hole in them.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
secrethouse92

Re: C60 Inspiration(s)?

Post by secrethouse92 »

I just removed the quotations around "inspiration(s)" in the subject of the post. That looked rather presumptuous after I glanced at it just now. Anyway, back to the show....
jmarchitect
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: C60 Inspiration(s)?

Post by jmarchitect »

There is nothing that surprises me in the design of watches and I suspect even the big boys have picked up on design cues from one another at some stage. The example you use is an interesting one, however. Who says that CWL have used the supermarine as design inspiration for the trident hands? If anything, the trident hands appear to my eyes rather more considered than those on the supermarine.