C60 GMT 'White or Orange Spots"

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
peter160866
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

C60 GMT 'White or Orange Spots"

Post by peter160866 »

Ok can't wait for 38mm GMT ! So decided on black bezel but can't decide re colour of spots. Like the old look of orange spots and fancy with black and orange leather strap - and metal strap as well. But the hands are 'white' which looks a bit odd so should I go for the white dots and hands ? I know it's subjective but would be interested in peoples opinions.

Also why doesn't the GMT have a red tip to the second hand. I think this looks great on the 'standard' C60.
C60 - Khaki, Early Malvern, 2015 LE, C10 Aviator, Jump Hour, Black Trident Vintage
Richard B
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Re: C60 GMT 'White or Orange Spots"

Post by Richard B »

It was the orange markers that made the C60GMT click with me. So much so, that despite already having recently acquired a standard trident, I had to have a GMT, and despite bad timing financially as well! So I hunted one down on Ebay. Here it is, it's had a hard life so far and is back in Maidenhead for some TLC at CWL Towers, but it rested on my dining room table just long enough to be threaded onto a NATO for a quick picture. By the time it's back again, there will be a couple more straps waiting.
So I wish I was James Bond, just for the day.
Kissing all the girls, blow the bad guys away.
Berkshire

Post by Berkshire »

Richard B wrote:It was the orange markers that made the C60GMT click with me. So much so, that despite already having recently acquired a standard trident, I had to have a GMT, and despite bad timing financially as well! So I hunted one down on Ebay. Here it is, it's had a hard life so far and is back in Maidenhead for some TLC at CWL Towers, but it rested on my dining room table just long enough to be threaded onto a NATO for a quick picture. By the time it's back again, there will be a couple more straps waiting.
Like lot. :thumbup:
peter160866
Senior
Senior

Post by peter160866 »

Will have to order a NATO strap as well now !! Looks really good.
C60 - Khaki, Early Malvern, 2015 LE, C10 Aviator, Jump Hour, Black Trident Vintage
peter160866
Senior
Senior

Post by peter160866 »

Also when u say it had a hard life do you think it had been abused or QC not too good hence needing to go back to CW towers. I would expect a diver watch to be tough.
Richard B
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard B »

Berkshire Critic wrote: Like lot. :thumbup:
Thanks, I was just looking at yours over on the CWL of the day thread and just having a think about your tribute. Very fitting.
Richard B
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard B »

peter160866 wrote:Will have to order a NATO strap as well now !! Looks really good.
Have a look at the selection process, I had some expert help! :thumbup:
http://christopherwardforum.com/viewtop ... 53&t=21202
Richard B
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard B »

peter160866 wrote:Also when u say it had a hard life do you think it had been abused or QC not too good hence needing to go back to CW towers. I would expect a diver watch to be tough.
There is a problem that the ETA 2893-2 movement can suffer from if handled roughly, such as in transit, where the GMT hand loses synchronisation. When I phoned CW they were really helpful and invited me to send it straight back, for an FOC repair, despite the fact I wasn't the original owner. Knowledgeable members of the forum confirmed this to be an occasional but minor issue with the ETA 2893-2 http://christopherwardforum.com/viewtop ... =1&t=21226
I also noticed a chip on the bezel near the 8 marker, so 'phoned Chloe at CW and she accepted my additional instructions for a new bezel for about £40.
The hard life of the watch s confirmed by the state of the strap, which has reached the end of its useful life, hence the hurry to thread onto a new NATO!
peter160866
Senior
Senior

Post by peter160866 »

Thanks for inf - general consesus seems to be that aftersales service v good - I"m still not sure orange dots or white dots ......indecisive me I'm not sure .... !!!
theaub
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by theaub »

Really helpful thread. I'm considering getting the orange dot model. I've read reviews elsewhere that the GMT hand isn't prominent enough on the white dot version, so thought that an orange one might be more vivid. I'd be grateful for your thoughts once it returns from CW.
Richard B
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard B »

For me, there are a number of reasons why the orange markers make the C60GMT special.

So the GMT is just a Trident worth an extra hand a and numbers on the bezel? No! The markers are orange as well, so they have extra appeal?

OK, the markers are orange are they? But I'm red-green colourblind, so they'll never stand out to me. Whoa! This is the biggie for me. I'd never noticed the difference, but once it's pointed out, that's it! My colourblindness let me see some colours on my own, but not others; but later, when someone else points them out, bang, that's is, glorious technicolor! It's very strange, and somewhat emphasised after its pointed out to me!

But then even better, if I can choose a strap to emphasise the colour, that makes it for me.
downer

Post by downer »

For me, the orange-marker version is the only one to have. The reason? It looks more individual, and less like a Rolega clone... :)
Richard
Gradie
Senior
Senior

Post by Gradie »

I have a list of 7-8 CW watches, basically the standouts (for me) in each range I'm interested in. The orange dot GMT is on it!

Looks great on that nato too!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Richard B
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: C60 GMT 'White or Orange Spots

Post by Richard B »

downer wrote:For me, the orange-marker version is the only one to have. The reason? It looks more individual, and less like a Rolega clone... :)
Agreed! I occasionally imagine being a "fly-on-the-wall" at a design workshop where they are deciding what features of the GMT Master to work into the design, then someone says "let's do a version with orange markers" at which point the room goes quiet, everyone turns to whoever said that, looks like daggers, and then a little voice says "that's a good idea"....
Gradie wrote: Looks great on that nato too!
I'm also hoping to have some great leather straps to show it off on when it arrives back!