C60 Abyss SH21 is 30 ATM or 60ATM?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
SimonGermany
Senior
Senior

Re: C60 Abyss SH21 is 30 ATM or 60ATM?

Post by SimonGermany »

That’s a decent response.

Hopefully they will move equally swiftly to correct their website, where the watch is still being incorrectly advertised.

It is a really lovely thing and I hope it’s a big success for the brand when it’s all sorted out.
Jasonchan

Post by Jasonchan »

Will CW be paying for the custom duty if they will to rectify the issue?
I paid almost USD 500 for the taxes....
Andyshall
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Andyshall »

Andyshall wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:40 pm I wrote to customer services yesterday asking for clarification on the depth and regarding the quality of the lume.
Much to my surprise I received a reply from Mike France first thing this morning.
He explained the circumstances around the fact that the dial should read 300m and why the black lume cannot be as bright as other colours. He was clear that the mistake was unacceptable, apologised and explained that Vallen will be in touch.
I have have always been happy with the customer service I have had from CW and I don’t think you can fault an apology and explanation from the CEO.
Apologies for the repeat post, I was just trying to correct a typo.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 25
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Jasonchan wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:27 pm Will CW be paying for the custom duty if they will to rectify the issue?
If, in due course, you return the watch to CW for repair i.e. to have a correct dial fitted, the return of the watch to CW and they sending it back to you, should not incur any customs duty or tax.

Guy
C1 GBT| C4&W7 BBMF| C5 BOB LE| C5 FLE| C7 Apex| C7 MkI 47AD| C7 MkII Harrier
C8 Reg LE| C8 M2.04 LE| C8 Al Deere| C9 FLE| C9 Me109 SPC LE| C11 Mak Navy| C40
C60 FLEx2| C60 Bronze GMT| C60 AbyssSH21-Apex-Blue-Chrono-Concept-Elite P'type |C65 AMGT 2VEV
brash47
Expert
Expert

Post by brash47 »

I came to know some watch makers in Vancouver Canada pretty well. I visited HQ a few times and bought some really nice watches (Momentum Watches).

They have their WR ratings posted and on their watches as many companies do. I watched the pressure test their watches when they would put sapphire on in place of mineral crystal. They used the desk top air chamber pressure test.

When I asked about this they explained this is a decent measure, but it's not a certified rating.

Testing for actual certification adds a bit of money to making the watch.

I have no idea if CW is doing any type of ISO rating for their watches. I do know that Seiko is very proud to write on watch specs if the watch is ISO rated. My Seiko ISO rated (and Grand Seiko) watches clearly say "Divers 200m" on the dial. I would assume that any company that actually tests their divers would have that there in writing.

I saw where the actual specs didn't make it to the manufacturer of the dial. That's a little surprising based on all of the time that goes into design and production of a watch. But sometimes things do slip by....ie...the super compressor diver lettering.

But this whole conversation got me looking at how few dive watch companies actually ISO rate their watches.

Brash

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by Viognier »

That's a whoops....someone will no longer be in a proof reading role !!
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
Jasonchan

Post by Jasonchan »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:57 pm
Jasonchan wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:27 pm Will CW be paying for the custom duty if they will to rectify the issue?
If, in due course, you return the watch to CW for repair i.e. to have a correct dial fitted, the return of the watch to CW and they sending it back to you, should not incur any customs duty or tax.

Guy
Good to know. Thanks.

Till now have not receive any form of correspondence pertaining to these issues from CW.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 25
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Jasonchan wrote:

Guy
Good to know. Thanks.

Till now have not receive any form of correspondence pertaining to these issues from CW.
You won't have done. The problem has only come to light over the Christmas Holidays.

I'm sure CW will be in contact with all C60 Abyss SH21 owners in good time.

Be patient.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

C1 GBT| C4&W7 BBMF| C5 BOB LE| C5 FLE| C7 Apex| C7 MkI 47AD| C7 MkII Harrier
C8 Reg LE| C8 M2.04 LE| C8 Al Deere| C9 FLE| C9 Me109 SPC LE| C11 Mak Navy| C40
C60 FLEx2| C60 Bronze GMT| C60 AbyssSH21-Apex-Blue-Chrono-Concept-Elite P'type |C65 AMGT 2VEV
RobCH

Post by RobCH »

Hi all

Am new on here. Received my C60 Abyss SH21 a week or so ago and have been reading this thread with interest and wanted to join in.

Overall the watch is nice, but the really low lume has put me off. I particularly don't see why they have one lume, which is decent for the power reserve meter and another (which is largely useless) for the main areas.

@Andyshall - could you let us know the explanation you were given for the poor black lume?

All in all I am torn between keeping it and sending it back for a refund.

Thanks
Jasonchan

Post by Jasonchan »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:58 am
Jasonchan wrote:

Guy
Good to know. Thanks.

You won't have done. The problem has only come to light over the Christmas Holidays.

I'm sure CW will be in contact with all C60 Abyss SH21 owners in good time.

Be patient.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk
👍👍
Jasonchan

Post by Jasonchan »

RobCH wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:18 am Hi all

Am new on here. Received my C60 Abyss SH21 a week or so ago and have been reading this thread with interest and wanted to join in.

Overall the watch is nice, but the really low lume has put me off. I particularly don't see why they have one lume, which is decent for the power reserve meter and another (which is largely useless) for the main areas.

@Andyshall - could you let us know the explanation you were given for the poor black lume?

All in all I am torn between keeping it and sending it back for a refund.

Thanks
Let see what the CEO have to say. Maybe all round improvement?
Jasonchan

Post by Jasonchan »

Just received this email seconds ago.

How long will the letter reach me?

Isn't email correspondence faster and more efficient?

What will happen next?

Screenshot_20201229-184024_Gmail.jpg
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 147
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Kip wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:59 pm According to Mike France at CW, the C60 Abyss SH21 is in fact rated at 30 ATM.
At one point it had been hoped to achieve the higher depth rating but as this would have led to a very thick watch, we decided during the development process to leave it at the still very significant rating of 300 meters. Somehow this change was not communicated to our dial manufacturer and not picked up during our various quality checking processes. This was only spotted just before Christmas and we will be recalling the small number of watches already sent to customers to effect a dial change.
Vallen Hardy will be contacting those that have received the watch with the incorrect dial for replacement as soon as availability is known.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
sjbroadhead
Senior
Senior

Post by sjbroadhead »

Jasonchan wrote:Just received this email seconds ago.

How long will the letter reach me?

Isn't email correspondence faster and more efficient?

What will happen next?
I think you can rest easy that they’ll do the right thing. Annoying I’m sure but from what I’ve seen they’re putting steps in place to resolve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
exHowfener
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by exHowfener »

What will happen next?
I expect you'll get that information in the letter ..
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left