C6 Kingfisher Diver-Pro Silicon strap

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
ianwilson

C6 Kingfisher Diver-Pro Silicon strap

Post by ianwilson »

Hi, Just bought a kingfisher with the silicon strap and am really struggling with the comfort of it. Does the strap soften up or does it stay really rigid . Can anyone recommend a good quality leather strap that matches with the black face ( must be waterproof). I also have a C8 vintage which is so comfortable so I think that a leather strap is the way to go.
8-[
downer
CW-watches: 4

Re: C6 Kingfisher Diver-Pro Silicon strap

Post by downer »

You could take a look at this thread... http://www.christopherwardforum.com/vie ... f=2&t=3523
Richard
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by Russ-Shettle »

ianwilson wrote:Hi, Just bought a kingfisher with the silicon strap and am really struggling with the comfort of it. Does the strap soften up or does it stay really rigid . Can anyone recommend a good quality leather strap that matches with the black face ( must be waterproof). I also have a C8 vintage which is so comfortable so I think that a leather strap is the way to go.
8-[
Why not go with a SS bracelet? It would be comfortable and look super...
ianwilson

Post by ianwilson »

Mmm Food for thought. Thanks. :?
page3
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by page3 »

My C6 is on the silicon strap, which I rather like :)

Just for the sake of argument though, how easy is it to fit another strap? Cutting the silicon to size was easy, but how do you remove the strap from the watch end?
C6 Kingfisher Diver-Pro (Silicon Rubber strap), C3 Malvern Chronograph Mk II (brown leather strap), C8 Pilot Mk II U-2 Vintage Ed
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 149
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

JAG wrote:You will need a spring bar tool i ordered a new 1 last night a Bergeon 6767-F Spring Bar Tool Total cost £12.61 inc P&P then it depends on what you want to fit I.E a bracelet or a leather or a maratac. I am hopeless at changing straps so pop it to my local jeweller who charges a couple of £ to change it onto a bracelet but leather i can do :-)
With the new tool you will now start saving some money Jag! :)
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
ianwilson

Post by ianwilson »

Took the plunge and ordered a Black HIRSCH MARINER and a spring bar tool to fit it. Will let you know how I get on. :thumbup:
julywest
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by julywest »

JAG wrote:
Kip wrote:
JAG wrote:You will need a spring bar tool i ordered a new 1 last night a Bergeon 6767-F Spring Bar Tool Total cost £12.61 inc P&P then it depends on what you want to fit I.E a bracelet or a leather or a maratac. I am hopeless at changing straps so pop it to my local jeweller who charges a couple of £ to change it onto a bracelet but leather i can do :-)
With the new tool you will now start saving some money Jag! :)

I just had to take my 2 C6's to have a bracelet changed to another C6 even my jeweller was swearing his head off trying to fit the Silicone strap. I will have to get a SS bracelet So if anyone has a C6 bracelet there looking to sell must be 316 ONLY no PVD finish PM me and allow me first refusal :thumbup:
Email wera maybe she has one. If so let me know :)
julywest
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by julywest »

Finally got my c6 kingfisher greater than 50% off. Agree that the silicon is a little tough. Hate to spend ss much on a bracelet tho as I did for watch. Finally took the silicon off and replaced with one I had already. Springbars in silicon were very bent. No I did not bend them on removal. I had more luck with Swiss army knife than my springbar tool.