Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

C5 Malvern Automatic MK I - Silver Dial

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Hi All

Can anyone tell me if the Malvern MK1 - C5SSS is entirely silver on both eparts of the inner and outer dial? The images on the CW website appear to show it as silver but some other images i've seen seem to show the outer part of the dial as white.

Any help is much appreciated.
moriarty
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 10

Re: C5 Malvern Automatic MK I - Silver Dial

Post by moriarty »

I believe that it is all silver.

I will let you know when mine turns up, although that may well be too late as there were only 2 or 3 left, when I ordered mine yesterday.
Moriarty

C9 JH Mk 2 C70 MC C600 C60 GMT C5 Mk 1 x 3 N22 CCC
Breitling SOHC LE / Navitimer '52 Omega '52 JLC Ebel Beluga Manchette Bulova Accutron Hamilton Ventura 80's Gucci Citizen Eco AT's 'Bambinos' 'Blue Mako' Seiko LE Kemmner Skeleton...
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

moriarty wrote:I believe that it is all silver.

I will let you know when mine turns up, although that may well be too late as there were only 2 or 3 left, when I ordered mine yesterday.
OK, thanks. I hope you like it - I'll run the risk for now as my ideal is an optic white dial, but then again come midnight after a glass of fizzy........
moriarty
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by moriarty »

The optic white dial is nice, I just prefer the stepped dial of the Mk 1 C5's.
Moriarty

Breitling SOHC LE / Navitimer '52 Omega '52 JLC Ebel Beluga Manchette Bulova Accutron Hamilton Ventura 80's Gucci Citizen Eco AT's 'Bambinos' 'Blue Mako' Seiko LE Kemmner Skeleton...
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Peteo »

I'm an owner of a silver / white Malvern MK I, and I can tell you that there is a color difference between the inner and outer portion of the dial.

This isn't the best shot in which to discern the difference, but it might still be helpful.

IMG_1801 by peteo72, on Flickr
Peteo
4x Christopher Ward, 2x Sinn, 2x Omega, 1x A. Lange & Sohne, 1x H. Moser & Cie, 1x Tudor, 1x Towson Watch Company, 1x Baltimore Watch Company. Always looking for watches from Maryland. What's Next?
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

I agree on the stepped dial - was there no optic white version of the mk1?

Peteo, the picture looks great - hmmmmmmm it makes it tempting to pull the trigger whilst they are still available. :-k
schticy
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 20

Post by schticy »

Kansas city milkman wrote:Hi All

Can anyone tell me if the Malvern MK1 - C5SSS is entirely silver on both eparts of the inner and outer dial? The images on the CW website appear to show it as silver but some other images i've seen seem to show the outer part of the dial as white.

I have a MKI and a MKII - the MKI is silver coloured in the middle and the outer ring is pure white. The MKII is white all over. In some lights the silver part on the MKI looks like it is white that's probably the reason for the photo on the website.
Here's a link to some photos of my MKI http://www.christopherwardforum.com/vie ... =2&t=11836

Both versions are great :D
CW watches:-
  • C9 Auto SST, C9 Chrono SST, C9 Chrono SKK, C9 Chrono SBBR, C60 GMT SKWS, C8 MkII SKK, C40 PKK and C40 SKK, C20, C9FLE, C5 Malvern x6 - C5SKK C5SWT C5SST C5SWT-Mk2 C5GWT C5SSS-Mk2 C9-GMT-SKK C9-GMT-SSK
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

schticy wrote:
Kansas city milkman wrote:Hi All

I have a MKI and a MKII - the MKI is silver coloured in the middle and the outer ring is pure white. The MKII is white all over. In some lights the silver part on the MKI looks like it is white that's probably the reason for the photo on the website.
Here's a link to some photos of my MKI http://www.christopherwardforum.com/vie ... =2&t=11836

Both versions are great :D
Schticy - congrats on some terrific photos. Thanks also for clarifying the colour.
Macca

Post by Macca »

What is the srap width on a c5 is it 18mm or 20mm just out of interest?
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

Macca wrote:What is the srap width on a c5 is it 18mm or 20mm just out of interest?
18mm..
Richard
Macca

Post by Macca »

Thanks downer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Another Silver C5 turned up in the NN sale today which I took as a clear sign that I needed to take the plunge especially as it was up for £185! So I have gone for it.......
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Kansas city milkman wrote:Another Silver C5 turned up in the NN sale today which I took as a clear sign that I needed to take the plunge especially as it was up for £185! So I have gone for it.......
Nice one :clap: 8)
moriarty
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by moriarty »

My C5 SSS Mk 1 has now arrived and the outer dial is pure white and the inner dial silver.
Moriarty

Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

The NN (?!) has arrived and it's even better in the flesh. Really pleased that I went for it having been relectunt in favour of the optic white Mk2.

I can't believe it's NN as it had stickers in all the right places and is flawless.

It's gaining about 14 seconds a day (my C10 is still +7s) I'll be interested to see whether it's a ETA of SW movement.