LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Re: C5 facelift

Post by Kip »

Russ-Shettle wrote:Kip,

You must have a collection that goes well beyond CW.

I have managed to collect a few others along the way. :D
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by Russ-Shettle »

Kip wrote:

If you have a few really specials ones you should post some pictures or let me guess... you have, right. Where? My second thought is: When did you become interested in the Sea Wolf? I spoke of this watch shortly after becoming a member some two years back, posted a few pictures and gave a nice story of it. I was just a kid but oh how I loved that watch. The pictures I posted came off of EBay during a sale. I had my chance to purchase that very watch for $800 and thought the seller might come down in price. Too late, it was snatched up. That particular one was the only one being sold and to be in such great condition. Others I saw for sale, and there were only a mere few, were all in very poor condition.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 147
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes

Post by Kip »

Russ-Shettle wrote:
Kip wrote:

If you have a few really specials ones you should post some pictures or let me guess... you have, right. Where? My second thought is: When did you become interested in the Sea Wolf? I spoke of this watch shortly after becoming a member some two years back, posted a few pictures and gave a nice story of it. I was just a kid but oh how I loved that watch. The pictures I posted came off of EBay during a sale. I had my chance to purchase that very watch for $800 and thought the seller might come down in price. Too late, it was snatched up. That particular one was the only one being sold and to be in such great condition. Others I saw for sale, and there were only a mere few, were all in very poor condition.
I have a few photos scattered around in here...

As for the Seawolf... a friend of mine had one and I loved it. It was your comments a while back that rekindled my interest in it and I have been on the lookout ever since. I am looking for the black dial with brushed bezel.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
KAW
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by KAW »

It looks like they've added a C5 Malvern (Galvanic) section to distinguish between the C5 dials on the website - see here.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 147
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes

Post by Kip »

KAW wrote:It looks like they've added a C5 Malvern (Galvanic) section to distinguish between the C5 dials on the website - see here.
This is a wise move during the transition. :D
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

jack
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jack »

Russ-Shettle wrote:Jack, to me, most divers watches all look fundamentally the same. I'm still looking for a divers watch that most closely resembles a 1969 Zodiac Seawolf I owned back in the early 70s. I've yet to fine one. I could have bought this one on EBay but passed it up. I what I like most is the silver, rather than black, bezel. Please let me know if you've seen anything similar to this: Image
Russ - thanks for posting this picture. It's a beautiful diver, full of character with that vintage style that has aged well, if you know what I mean? The funny thing is, I think I may have seen something similar with the silver bezel. I'm going to have a look around and see if I can locate whatever it is I'm thinking of. I also seem to remember an obscure but very good brand called Lindberg and Benson - I think they are German. They had some silver bezel divers that had a very original look about them.

You are right, Diver watches in particular tend to have a generic look about them. I do like them though :D .

Cheers,
Jack.
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Russ-Shettle »

jack wrote:Russ - thanks for posting this picture. It's a beautiful diver, full of character with that vintage style that has aged well, if you know what I mean? The funny thing is, I think I may have seen something similar with the silver bezel. I'm going to have a look around and see if I can locate whatever it is I'm thinking of. I also seem to remember an obscure but very good brand called Lindberg and Benson - I think they are German. They had some silver bezel divers that had a very original look about them.

You are right, Diver watches in particular tend to have a generic look about them. I do like them though :D .

Cheers,
Jack.
Thanks Jack, it is the silver bezel design like my seawolf that I'm most interested in.
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Russ-Shettle »

Kip wrote:
KAW wrote:It looks like they've added a C5 Malvern (Galvanic) section to distinguish between the C5 dials on the website - see here.
This is a wise move during the transition. :D
Sure did. Someone must be listening...... It's good.
Tuzzaboy
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 7

Post by Tuzzaboy »

Love the old face, I have to I have a old face of my own
SolidChamp

Post by SolidChamp »

My introduction to the CWL brand was through the original Malvern C5. When I saw that watch, it was love at first sight. I just had to have it, and I got mine early last year (silver case, white/silver dial, brown leather strap). I LOVE the look of this watch. Everyday I wear it, I have to stop to admire the look of it at least a dozen times. Even my wife is jealous of my Malvern, and often says to me "That is a damn nice watch!"

So, when I popped by the site and saw the change to the iconic Malvern, I threw up my hands and dropped my jaw. I simply can't understand it. Going back in time, if this was the Malvern I was seeing on the site, I wouldn't have had a shred of enthusiasm. This new Malvern with the galvanized dial is just...so bland.

I showed my wife the change, and she's completely baffled. "Why would they go and ruin such a fine looking watch?", were her words.

I think I NEED to try and understand the reasoning behind this decision. I have to hear the "why", at this point. I am so glad I got the watch when I did, and I sure hope they don't start making changes like this to the rest of the lineup. The Lido C20 better stay the way it is...they can keep any future thoughts they might have about a C20 with a galvanized dial. Otherwise, I don't think I would be able to make another purchase from CWL.

As if changing the very classy branding to "Churr.Ward" (Chr.Ward) wasn't bad enough...they have to go and mess with an iconic looking watch.

I DON'T GET IT!