C4 Airforce Experience so far

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Drunkeh

C4 Airforce Experience so far

Post by Drunkeh »

Hey all, been lucky enough to get one of these last week. What a beauty!

Only problem is that the Corax black has started to rub off on the strap already, after an hour , basically where ever the strap can rub against itself, its worn off.

Is this normal for the Chorax?

Thanks Drunkeh
17bex
Junior
Junior

Re: C4 Aiforce Experience so far

Post by 17bex »

According to the web...

Men's Corax Special Edition Watches

The raven black finish that distinguishes the watches in our Corax collection is courtesy of our state of the art IPK ionic plating process that delivers superb looks and a diamond hard finish.

The scientists among you will want to hear about the ion depositions being carried in a vacuum of charged particles which creates a true metal bonding with the substrate and the coating metal. The smoother, more even result on the wristwatch is up to ten times harder than the more widely used electroplated process. A lifetime of good looks is therefore ensured....at least for the timepiece.

Corax is the Latin name for a Raven. A Dutch based CWL fan came up with the name. Thanks Mustafa
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

Seems to be some discrepancy between an hour and a lifetime :) I'd say that no, that's not normal. I'd fire the powers that be an email and ask them what gives.
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by rcherryuk »

Drunkeh,

No this isn't normal,
I've worn mine on and off for seven months and it's had a lot of desk diving 'dings' (I'm a leftie s it gets 'moused' a lot).

Only question is, have you had the strap sized so it fits snuggly? If it's loose and rolling round your wrist it'll get marked up in no time!

Rob
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
Drunkeh

Post by Drunkeh »

Only question is, have you had the strap sized so it fits snuggly? If it's loose and rolling round your wrist it'll get marked up in no time!

Rob
Aye, i had the strap adjusted straight away before wearing it.

I shall email the "powers" but i think this will be a return :(

Thanks for the advice peops, appreciated.
Drunkeh

Re: C4 Airforce Experience so far

Post by Drunkeh »

Just to say, all sorted by Wera, after seeing photos of the wear, a new strap is being sent out, top service, very impressed.

Out of curioisty, is it easy to replace a strap yourself? Or a jewellers job? I dont think i trust myself enough to do it alone anyway :shock:
Monkey
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7
LE-two: yes

Re: C4 Airforce Experience so far

Post by Monkey »

Drunkeh wrote: Out of curioisty, is it easy to replace a strap yourself? Or a jewellers job? I dont think i trust myself enough to do it alone anyway :shock:
Depends what tools you have, but a very small flat blade screwdriver would do to push the pin in so you can swap it over!!

I bought a set of watch repair etc tools inc a bracelet adjuster from Ebay for a few quid which has been hugely usefull, so thats another option??

If your not sure tho, go to a jewellers (not a 'posh' one tho) and get ready to part with anything up to 10 quid to do it!!
John