C11, PDV & on a small wrist

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
scrw
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 8

C11, PDV & on a small wrist

Post by scrw »

#1 son's 18th, he is now looking at a C11. 2 questions though, How durable is the black finish and is it going to look massive on a 6.5" wrist?
Seems he wants black, and maybe square :silent:
Steve

C4 Peregrine Chronograph
C5 Battle of Britain (70) 6B/159 Automatic
C60 Orange & Black
C60 Red
C60 White
C60 Chronograph Orange & Black
C70 VW COSC
C7 Rapide
Jape
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Re: C11, PDV & on a small wrist

Post by Jape »

Can't comment on the black finish as I have the original steel one. As to the wrist size issue, yes, it it rather big on a 6.5" wrist. I have slightly bigger ones but it does look big on my wrist. Of course, it depends on wrist shape. If one has thin, but flat wrists, it might look ok. There's always the 60/60, so you can return the watch no problem. Thus, go for it. :)
C7 Rapide C11 Auto C600 Tri-Tech C2 Lido C40 Speedhawk C60 600 Sinn 857 Sinn 103St Sinn U1 Omega Seamaster Pro 300
Wants are many but funds scarce.
Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Clach77 »

I posted the following on the thread about PVD: I wore my PVD C4 to work every day for five years with no issues. I'm now wearing a PVD C40 and no problems until a gate caught the wind and slammed shut on my wrist. Given that the force felt like it could break my wrist, the watch stood up very well. Only a small mark on the bezel. I could have lived with it, but a few quid later it was back at CWL for a new case.

I have 6 3/4 wrists, but quite flat. I've tried on a C11 and it looked big but just about OK. It actually felt bigger to me that a 44mm C8, presumably due to the square shape and lug position.
Trying not to buy any more watches...
ken
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by ken »

A big (or massive even!) watch these days seems to be fashionable. I'm sure if it wears a bit large your 18 year son wouldn't care, and could pull it off just fine :grin:

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2