c11 chronograph help please

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
littlebird

c11 chronograph help please

Post by littlebird »

Hi everyone, I just got my self a CW c11 chrono. Could anyone help me with a couple of questions. Firstly does the crown screw in or not. I was reading the owners manual, and it said to screw in the crown to maintain the water resistance of the watch. I've examined the watch in detail and it doesn't seem possible to screw in the crown. When the crown is flush on the watch it remains loose and freewheels if you turn it. Secondly is the c11 chrono water resistant at all, because I see no indication of this on the watch face or rear of the watch. I guess I thought all chronographs were water resistant to some extent.
PaulWB
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 62
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Re: c11 chronograph help please

Post by PaulWB »

I am not wearing my C11 Chrono at the moment (it's the C9 Harrison today).

The crown doesn't screw in and if you look at the manual that came with it (or download the pdf version from the CWL site), it states that it has water resistance to 10 ATM (safe for snorkelling).

Enjoy the watch.

Paul
C1, C2, C3, C5, C6, C8, C9, C11, W6, C7/C70, 2009 FLE, 2012 FLE Red, 2013 FLE, 2015 FLE, C9 JH2, C900 WT

Member CWL Double Figures Club
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 147
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Re: c11 chronograph help please

Post by Kip »

littlebird wrote:Hi everyone, I just got my self a CW c11 chrono. Could anyone help me with a couple of questions. Firstly does the crown screw in or not. I was reading the owners manual, and it said to screw in the crown to maintain the water resistance of the watch. I've examined the watch in detail and it doesn't seem possible to screw in the crown. When the crown is flush on the watch it remains loose and freewheels if you turn it. Secondly is the c11 chrono water resistant at all, because I see no indication of this on the watch face or rear of the watch. I guess I thought all chronographs were water resistant to some extent.
I am pretty sure that the online manual has been corrected to reflect that this is not a screw down crown and that future printings wull be corrected.

The ATM rating is 10.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.