LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

C1 Worldglow

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Re: C1 Worldglow

Post by jtc »

The brand name looks all at sea, it would be better without it. Nice use of lume though!

https://www.christopherward.com/dress/c ... K0-CK.html
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

jtc wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:14 pm The brand name looks all at sea
Probably because it’s in the middle of the Pacific. I guess it’s better there than over North America, Europe or Russia! :D

Beautiful watch, but just too big. Pity.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

Bravo!
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

43.5mm with a 52mm lug to lug length (51.9 to be exact). Not sized for the slight of wrist!

I never noticed that’s the size of the C1 worldtimer. No shots of it in the reference gallery, but that should look huge. CW does note it’s size though and says it’ll wear smaller due to the contoured case and slim profile (11.55mm).

Nice details too, the dial is sapphire and the outer bezel which carries the city names is brass.
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

Worldtimers always leave me a bit befuddled as to how they work - is it a glorified GMT or a true world timer with all times at a glance?

If I’m reading the description correctly, it’s a true world timer with the 24 disk (as opposed to a 24 hour hand) rotating against a fixed city ring. So set the 24 hour disk once to show the correct time and one now has all times zones at a glance. Am I correct about this?

Then the red bit would be something that could be set to ones current zone or any other particular time zone for a quick reference to that time. Again, am I understanding this correctly?

If this is how it works, this is the world timer I want! Sadly, it’s too big and too expensive for me. <womp womp>
Drew
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

jkbarnes wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:58 pm Worldtimers always leave me a bit befuddled as to how they work - is it a glorified GMT or a true world timer with all times at a glance?

If I’m reading the description correctly, it’s a true world timer with the 24 disk rotating against a fixed city ring. So set the 24 hour disk once to show the correct time and one now has all times zones at a glance. Am I correct about this?

Then the red bit would be something that could be set to ones current zone or any other particular time zone for a quick reference to that time. Again, am I understanding this correctly?

If this is how it works, this is the world timer I want! Sadly, it’s too big and too expensive for me. <womp womp>
At the bottom of the product page there is a video that shows the mechanism. You basically have it though. It is big. I think I am still partial to the Moonglow. If I was going to pull the trigger on a world timer I think I would grab the C65.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

jkbarnes wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:58 pm Worldtimers always leave me a bit befuddled as to how they work - is it a glorified GMT or a true world timer with all times at a glance?

If I’m reading the description correctly, it’s a true world timer with the 24 disk (as opposed to a 24 hour hand) rotating against a fixed city ring. So set the 24 hour disk once to show the correct time and one now has all times zones at a glance. Am I correct about this?

Here you go... :)
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

A1soknownas wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:16 pm

Here you go... :)
Excellent! It works as exactly as I thought, giving the user a true world timing function, as opposed to having to rotate a city bezel around to a GMT hand to know the various time zones.
Drew
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

The dial is fantastic, but the watch is a bit large for my current tastes.

Does anyone know if the case has has the light catcher feature, I didn't see it in the pictures or video.
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Leon O wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:35 am The dial is fantastic, but the watch is a bit large for my current tastes.

Does anyone know if the case has has the light catcher feature, I didn't see it in the pictures or video.
Screenshot_20210129_013957_com.android.chrome.jpg
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Screenshot_20210129_014022_com.android.chrome.jpg
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Leon O »

MiniMpi wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:44 am Screenshot_20210129_014022_com.android.chrome.jpg
Thanks, I can't tell if it is shadow or a polished edge. It's very subtle in the picture.
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
josbrownlie
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by josbrownlie »

Lovely, just need it a bit bigger please
C9 x5, C60 x3, C65 x1, Steinhart x2, CIGA Design, Jean Marcel, WT Author, Breitling & MSTR
MichaelMD
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by MichaelMD »

My first Christopher Ward watch, the C1 Worldglow, is currently en route. I will post some live shots as soon as I receive. I have a larger wrist so 43mm is right in my wheelhouse. Will update soon...

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk