C1 Bel Canto Preview

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Re: C1 Bel Canto Preview

Post by welshlad »

Sold out in about 8 hours. That's a pretty good day at the office for everyone at CW. Congrats to them! :thumbup:
These users thanked the author welshlad for the post (total 4):
OllyWKalli64tikkathreeROF68
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Like or not and say and what you will, but I say Kudos to CW for what they have accomplished here. IMO, a stunning piece.

As welshlad stated,..."Sold out in about 8 hours. That's a pretty good day at the office for everyone at CW. Congrats to them!"

This makes approx. 10 watches in this price range that CW has built and sold out of over the years. All were Liimited Editions of 25-250. The C1 Bel Canto came in with 300 pieces and sold out in the first day. With the exception of the infamous C8 Al Deere (100 pc LE - 4 years), I would say that CW has proven they can sell watches in this price range on a limited basis and offers exceptional VFM when they put these together and stretch themselves.

Certainly the price moves you up to other brand categories, but look what you are getting at these prices. You must compare apples to apples.

Well done! :clap:
These users thanked the author Kip for the post (total 11):
tikkathreewelshladOllyWKalli64jkbarnesBahnstormer_vRSmvlowalbionphotoROF68gannet and one more user
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
ROF68
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 9

Post by ROF68 »

Kip wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:56 pm Like or not and say and what you will, but I say Kudos to CW for what they have accomplished here. IMO, a stunning piece.

As welshlad stated,..."Sold out in about 8 hours. That's a pretty good day at the office for everyone at CW. Congrats to them!"

This makes approx. 10 watches in this price range that CW has built and sold out of over the years. All were Liimited Editions of 25-250. The C1 Bel Canto came in with 300 pieces and sold out in the first day. With the exception of the infamous C8 Al Deere (100 pc LE - 4 years), I would say that CW has proven they can sell watches in this price range on a limited basis and offers exceptional VFM when they put these together and stretch themselves.

Certainly the price moves you up to other brand categories, but look what you are getting at these prices. You must compare apples to apples.

Well done! :clap:
Totally agree. Kudos and congratulations to CW. Very impressive.
Tim
“It isn’t much good having anything exciting, if you can’t share it with somebody.” —Winnie the Pooh

Trident Pro 300 | C60 Atoll | C63 Sealander (x2) | C63 Highlander | C65 Sandhurst | C65 Trident Auto | C65 Trident GMT | C65 Anthropocene
Noush
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Noush »

Amazing piece. Amazing. I want one!
So the zoom timelines just don't work for Australia so I wasn't "ahead of the curve" for this.

Saw it in my email before I went to work this morning 5am. No time to do anything about it. Got home from work: gone!
So they are saying send us an email to be added to the waiting list. Does this mean there will be another batch? You would think they'd have NIL trouble shifting 300 more or whatever.
I sent the email but I don't know exactly what that means. Let's see then.
Congrats to those that were in a position to do something right there and then. I do hope circumstances work out that I can join you. What a piece!
Chris
"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans" : John Lennon.
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by strapline »

Amazing work CW, why am I not surprised this has sold out lightning quick. Quite simply you offered a five star watch at bed and breakfast money. Congrats to all who purchased, you got something special there.

Des
These users thanked the author strapline for the post:
jkbarnes
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

Noush wrote:Amazing piece. Amazing. I want one!
So the zoom timelines just don't work for Australia so I wasn't "ahead of the curve" for this.

Saw it in my email before I went to work this morning 5am. No time to do anything about it. Got home from work: gone!
So they are saying send us an email to be added to the waiting list. Does this mean there will be another batch? You would think they'd have NIL trouble shifting 300 more or whatever.
I sent the email but I don't know exactly what that means. Let's see then.
Congrats to those that were in a position to do something right there and then. I do hope circumstances work out that I can join you. What a piece!
I believe the waiting list is in case anyone from the original 300 orders cancels their order before delivery, especially as this may be as far away as March in some cases, so plenty of time for some to have second thoughts or their circumstances change.

If you've got on the waiting list early, I suspect there is a reasonable chance of some good news before March. Just my guess, I have no specific inside knowledge on that.
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Whatever my personal view on the usefulness of the complication or the nature of the time display, it’s still a marvel.

Has any CW release sold out on Day 1 before, or is that a “first”?
These users thanked the author Amor Vincit Omnia for the post:
MiniMpi
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

From the CWArchives Fun Facts......

The C65 Divetimer Limited Edition (150 units) launched on July 1, 2021 sold out in 22 hours.
These users thanked the author Kip for the post (total 3):
Amor Vincit OmniaMiniMpialbionphoto
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Amor Vincit Omnia

^^^ :D :thumbup:
Steve

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by stefs »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:25 am Whatever my personal view on the usefulness of the complication or the nature of the time display, it’s still a marvel.

Has any CW release sold out on Day 1 before, or is that a “first”?
The lucerne blue baby c63 went in a few hours and I think the atoll was in a day as well.
These users thanked the author stefs for the post:
MiniMpi
Cheers now, Paul
Amor Vincit Omnia

^^^ Mea culpa. Senior moment! More coffee required. :coffee:
Steve

Noush
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Noush »

welshlad wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:31 amI believe the waiting list is in case anyone from the original 300 orders cancels their order before delivery, especially as this may be as far away as March in some cases, so plenty of time for some to have second thoughts or their circumstances change.

If you've got on the waiting list early, I suspect there is a reasonable chance of some good news before March. Just my guess, I have no specific inside knowledge on that.
Yeah, I thought that might be the case and I guess we shall see what develops. 300 is 300.
I don't "need" this watch. Of course not, none of us do. But as soon as I saw the pic in the email I was simply blown away.
My thinking had been no more watches, at least for some time, "unless CW does something spectacular" and there it was.

There is plenty of Armin Strom in what I see and I know CW has worked with them in the past. Is anything known about that?
Chris
Amor Vincit Omnia

Noush wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:18 am There is plenty of Armin Strom in what I see and I know CW has worked with them in the past. Is anything known about that?
According to the videos they made the “platine” - the blue disc the chime mechanism is mounted on, not strictly speaking a dial.

Incidentally and off topic, “platine-laser” is official French for CD! :D
These users thanked the author Amor Vincit Omnia for the post (total 2):
sproughtonthomcat00
Steve

Noush
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Noush »

Good info Steve. :thumbup:

The strong "skeleton" elements in relief of said platine look very Armin Strom (present day at least) to me.
No bad thing! If you look at their Gravity Equal Force model, one of my pin-ups, there it is.
Of course everything resembles something. And that watch is 4 or 5 times the price of Bel Canto, even while being silent. :)
Which is what CW brings to the table.
These users thanked the author Noush for the post:
ROF68
Chris
OllyW
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 8

Post by OllyW »

Noush wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:56 am Does this mean there will be another batch? You would think they'd have NIL trouble shifting 300 more or whatever.
Mike France has said there will be no more in this shade of blue but a second colour will probably be added. He talks about it in this video...

https://youtu.be/4QlOrfvrQ3I?t=902